Learn From Learner To Better?
Dan L
Jan 14 2008, 04:58 PM
GMC:er
Just got a question for all the people that joined this website, need just the people who were a learner when joined this site. Just wanted to no if when u joined this site since then till now have u learned alot? because i want to no if its worth it staying on this site? i mean im enjoying it so far but i just want ur point.

***'''::Thanks Dan::'''***

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 14 2008, 05:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hi Dan !! I had only been playing 2 months when I joined GMC and today I have many many skills and a solid foundation from which to build on. To name a few thing, I have learnt to improvise, alternate pick, sweep pick, tap, music theory includeing timeing and reading music, the list goes on. biggrin.gif

But rememeber its down to the idividual to motivate themselves - thankfully gmc helps provide motivation through its unique approach to learning wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 14 2008, 05:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Dan,

I think you have to experience it for your self, Ive been here for 4 months and I can say that Ive learned more than in the past 3 years. But I think that there bust be people that have learned more tha me. It depends a lot on your discipline and dedication, you can be a master without any help but if you can use a great tool like GMC the road to succes will be shorter.

So thats my opinion and hope you join a.s.a.p

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 14 2008, 05:08 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 14 2008, 04:05 PM) *
Hi Dan,
It depends a lot on your discipline and dedication, you can be a master without any help but if you can use a great tool like GMC the road to succes will be shorter.

+1 , discipline and dedication/enthusiam plays a key factor in your progress for sure. I have some friends here who just love to come and hang out - which is also great if thats what they desire. The tools for success can be learnt here, its just down to the individual to carry it out ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jan 14 2008, 05:11 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Dan L
Jan 14 2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks alot guys biggrin.gif

-Latest Picture-

This post has been edited by Dan L: Jan 14 2008, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
at lights end
Jan 14 2008, 05:57 PM
yeah, i've been here about 7 months now (6 months before i joined the forum) and i've noticed a huge improvement to what i was before. before GMC i just got tabs for songs off the internet and played them, not getting very far.

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 14 2008, 07:38 PM
I learned more in one night on GMC than I did on my own for 4 years. It's DEFINITELY worth staying here. It's pretty much free considering how good the quality of everything on this site is.

Edit: ROFL suck up deluxe laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: Jan 14 2008, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 14 2008, 07:43 PM
Instructor
I learned a lot as well,so it's worth staying,no doubt biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 14 2008, 08:04 PM
As an individual teaching oneself it's difficult to expose yourself to all the resources available here. For instance I've been here about 2 months but I've been playing for about 5 years. When I came here I could play all the blues lessons easily, but the metal ones? Haha no way buddy, had to practice like crazy. My point?
Basically you can find just about every major genre here, even ones you never thought to try to play...unbelieveable resource, I rave to every guitar player I find about GMC!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2008, 08:53 PM
Instructor
I am currently teaching on the site, and found many many interesting tips and advices that I didn't know before. It is definitely worth it to be among other musicians, because we all learn from each other and expand our knowledge.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dan L
Jan 14 2008, 08:59 PM
Hmm well do u suggest the learner section for me to start, its just im having trouble with my pinky and im trying the pinky trainer but its not getting better?? Maybe i need to give it more time?

---------Halo---------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Jan 14 2008, 09:06 PM
Learning Roadie
GMC supply's everyone with video lessons for a LOW LOOOOOOOOW price, but these lessons are definatly as good (maybe even better) than a guitar teacher (especially since you can come here and ask the instructors questions)

but not only that, this website lets you converse, learn and even play with hundreds of guitarists around the world, each with different styles and methods... that has to be worth the money by itself.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Dan L
Jan 14 2008, 09:09 PM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Jan 14 2008, 08:06 PM) *
GMC supply's everyone with video lessons for a LOW LOOOOOOOOW price, but these lessons are definatly as good (maybe even better) than a guitar teacher (especially since you can come here and ask the instructors questions)

but not only that, this website lets you converse, learn and even play with hundreds of guitarists around the world, each with different styles and methods... that has to be worth the money by itself.

Yep im allready a member and thanks smile.gif , i became a member the first day i found this website on youtube biggrin.gif

----------?????-----------

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jan 14 2008, 09:18 PM
YEAH ITS WORTH IT!!!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This sight is amazing, ive learned more in the near one year ive been here, than i did in the previous 4 years i played before i found this site.

Use the lessons, and the instructors tips, and you will improve greatly! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
I think I learned like 80% of my guitar skills from GMC without being a member in the past year tongue.gif
Just think of what you could learn if you spend that time Being a member ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Chief Brody
Jan 15 2008, 12:40 PM
Well i'm only a recent addition to the GMC family/crew/crazy bunch and in that time i've been hammering some of the beginner stuff pretty intently.

I keep a practice/progress log and when i read it i can see that i'm making consistent progress (it's actually a really good way to maintain enthusiasm!)

Of course the price for that progress is that i've had to be dedicated and visit GMC everyday without fail, but that isn't exactly a tough price to pay! laugh.gif

As long as you have dedication, patience and enthusiasm you'll easily witness the kind of progress that'll help you achieve your goals - it's certainly helping me and i'm a real newbie! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:35 AM