> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Johnmathew's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 20 2015, 01:14 PM
Instructor
Hi John, this is not a problem if you don't do it when playing fast. Just be careful with this bad habit to avoid doing it naturally for every speed and lick.

Anvil's backing: Attached File  170.mp3 ( 1.39MB ) Number of downloads: 56

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 20 2015, 05:34 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 20 2015, 12:14 PM) *
Hi John, this is not a problem if you don't do it when playing fast. Just be careful with this bad habit to avoid doing it naturally for every speed and lick.

Anvil's backing: Attached File  170.mp3 ( 1.39MB ) Number of downloads: 56

Thanks gabriel for the backing. And yes, I think I do not do this when playing fast smile.gif.

Cheers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 20 2015, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Oct 20 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Thanks gabriel for the backing. And yes, I think I do not do this when playing fast smile.gif.

Cheers.

One more question Gabriel. I have been trying to configure Legion with Reaper to use your Anvil preset but I don't know how to load your preset. I have tried with the top bar that has a "+" but just can load rpl files (Reaper preset libraries) and vst bank files. Where should I go to load your preset?

Cheers.

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 20 2015, 08:51 PM
Hi,

Here is my take on Anvil style. There's a little error on 3rd riff but I wanted you to have a look smile.gif.

Cheers

This post has been edited by JohnMathew: Oct 20 2015, 08:53 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Anvil_Style.mp4 ( 44.29MB ) Number of downloads: 72

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2015, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Oct 20 2015, 02:35 PM) *
One more question Gabriel. I have been trying to configure Legion with Reaper to use your Anvil preset but I don't know how to load your preset. I have tried with the top bar that has a "+" but just can load rpl files (Reaper preset libraries) and vst bank files. Where should I go to load your preset?

Cheers.

Yeah, this can be a problem. This is where I save them to be able to find them:

Attached Image

Good job with Anvil lesson! It's sounding good. The only thing that I note is that sometimes your timing is not totally precise and this can be related to the fact that your right hand gets tired of so much down picking. It's just a matter of training. This also generates that some chords don't sound totally clear.

Besides this, the section starting at 00:37 has one wrong chord on each repetition, check the tabs again.

PS: Using youtube for sharing videos here will make things easier for both you and me. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 21 2015, 02:18 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 21 2015, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 21 2015, 01:17 PM) *
Yeah, this can be a problem. This is where I save them to be able to find them:

Attached Image

Good job with Anvil lesson! It's sounding good. The only thing that I note is that sometimes your timing is not totally precise and this can be related to the fact that your right hand gets tired of so much down picking. It's just a matter of training. This also generates that some chords don't sound totally clear.

Besides this, the section starting at 00:37 has one wrong chord on each repetition, check the tabs again.

PS: Using youtube for sharing videos here will make things easier for both you and me. wink.gif

Hi!,

I will try to copy the presets there.

I will try to improve a bit more the playing for the lesson. First I will try to improve the Neoclassic one smile.gif.

On the other hand I didn't know about the youtuve videos. Sorry for this, I will upload them to youtube from now on.

Cheers!.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2015, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Great! Keep me updated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 22 2015, 10:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 21 2015, 02:25 PM) *
Great! Keep me updated.

Hi!,

New video about the neoclasical song. I have put a lot of effort into trying to make the vibrato bits more consistent. I have tried to play all of them at the same tempo. Let's see what the teacher thinks about biggrin.gif

Cheers!

This post has been edited by JohnMathew: Oct 22 2015, 10:41 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2015, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Hi John! Good job here!

The overall take is on the right track, there are just some details to keep on polishing your take on this lesson. The first thing that needs some focus and practice is your vibrato technique. It's not totally consistent, sometimes it's irregular, while other times it's a bit weak or doesn't go with the beat.

Besides this, there are some timing issues here and there (around 00:24/00:28 seconds), a lick to polish around 00:43 seconds and a bend that doesn't reach the correct pitch at 00:44.

As I said at first, this is a promising take, just keep working on details.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 23 2015, 04:58 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 23 2015, 03:09 PM) *
Hi John! Good job here!

The overall take is on the right track, there are just some details to keep on polishing your take on this lesson. The first thing that needs some focus and practice is your vibrato technique. It's not totally consistent, sometimes it's irregular, while other times it's a bit weak or doesn't go with the beat.

Besides this, there are some timing issues here and there (around 00:24/00:28 seconds), a lick to polish around 00:43 seconds and a bend that doesn't reach the correct pitch at 00:44.

As I said at first, this is a promising take, just keep working on details.

Cheers!

Ok Grab, I will try to improve it. But it is hard to do things "perfect" biggrin.gif. I did not notice it until I started to work with you. You can play something that resembles the original but make it near perfect is pretty hard. At first this seemed a very easy song but I think I overlooked it smile.gif.

Let's improve it!

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2015, 07:17 PM
Instructor
It's not the main goal to copy other guitarists, but at this stage imitating some techniques is totally helpful to polish your own technique while developing your own style. So always have in mind that focusing on details helps to improve your technique but please also dedicate time to creativity stuff.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 26 2015, 07:02 PM
Hi there!,

New take on Anvil Style. I hope now things are a bit better smile.gif. Wrongs chords on third part has been fixed.

Cheers

This post has been edited by JohnMathew: Oct 26 2015, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2015, 02:18 PM
Instructor
Good job John! The lesson sounds much better now! I would just keep on playing it to make some of the faster power chord changes smoother. Also, your tone could have more presence on this video, experiment with your amp's EQ.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 29 2015, 02:59 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 27 2015, 01:18 PM) *
Good job John! The lesson sounds much better now! I would just keep on playing it to make some of the faster power chord changes smoother. Also, your tone could have more presence on this video, experiment with your amp's EQ.

New vid on the neoclassical song. This song is killing me tongue.gif. So easy to play, but too dificult to put in all details. I think timing is better now but that bend is not googd enough.

By the way, how much time do we ussually spend on a set of assestments? I mean, do we must play them until we play them perfect and then you provide different ones or do you have a range of time to play every pack of exercises/songs and then you provide new ones to move on?

Cheeres.

This post has been edited by JohnMathew: Oct 30 2015, 07:00 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:24 PM