Extreme Warm Up, Will help you perform better
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2011, 02:42 PM
GMC Founder
Those of you who have been looking for an effective warm-up before going on stage might have the answer here. Cosmin shares one of his warm up secrets with you:

Some of the benefits of this kind of warm up are:

* saves you time
* makes you perform better
* prevents injuries

To those of you who wonder why this would be any superior than standard warm up exercises I can only say one thing: Try it and you will see! wink.gif

You will also notice that Cosmin's awesome band Stripsearch is used a video music.

Thank you Cosmin for sharing your wisdom - you rock!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 24 2011, 02:58 PM
GMC:er
Thanks for sharing, will try this out later today.

I was worried for a bit when it almost looked like the guy's pulse was being checked after doing this warm-up, haha!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 24 2011, 03:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting warm-up approach. Everyone should try doing this before playing.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2011, 03:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jan 24 2011, 02:58 PM) *

I was worried for a bit when it almost looked like the guy's pulse was being checked after doing this warm-up, haha!

hehe that would have been fun biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 24 2011, 03:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jan 24 2011, 02:58 PM) *

Hehheheheh was he checking the BPM? wink.gif)))

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 24 2011, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Thank you guys!

If anyone wants to know more, feel free to ask at anytime!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 24 2011, 04:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like this stuff. Have always done something similar before gigs etc, but never this.
Going to try it out a bit later. Really appreciate it! Thanks! smile.gif
If it works great, it's going straight into my YouTube favorites biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Jan 24 2011, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2011, 05:14 PM
This is a great warmup and you can do it to a degree by yourself in case you don't have a band mate there to pitch in. It's crucial to warm up and cool down especially if you are going to be playing extreme music. Death, thrash, shredding, etc. puts serious stress on your tendons and unless you take good care of your arms you can get repetitive stress injury (carpal tunnel syndrome).

You only get one pair of arms. Imagine if you only ever got one pair of strings? How would you treat them?

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 24 2011, 07:15 PM
Instructor
Thank you for sharing this. Useful infos.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 24 2011, 07:49 PM
Instructor
This is really useful. When I've done clinics and gigs where I'm very demanded my muscles usually start telling me: "You should've warmed up more"

Usually during the third fourth song I feel warmed up. But there have gigs where I just spent so much time warming up that it was good from the start.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jan 25 2011, 04:22 AM
I've cracked my knuckles my whole life and for a long time while I wasn't playing guitar I stopped cracking them. Now that I am playing and practicing regularly I noticed over the course of a couple weeks that my fingers were getting stiffer and stiffer. Last night I cracked all my finger joints and was able to continue playing for the rest of the night.

If I don't crack my knuckles I begin to lose mobility and eventually my fingers become so stiff they are un-responsive until I crack them. It's obviously something with my joints but I have never had any "pain" associated with it except for the one or two times in my life where I strained a ligament from cracking too hard... and that went away after a week or so.

The old wives-tale has always been that cracking your knuckles will lead to arthritis but several recent studies have proven that knuckle cracking is harmless... especially in people who exercise those joints a lot (like guitar players).

Anyone else have experience with knuckle cracking? It sounds like you are abusing your precious fingers, but honestly I can't play a set without first cracking my fingers... it really loosens them up. It's pretty much the only "warm-up" I do... hehe

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 25 2011, 06:01 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Hardtail @ Jan 24 2011, 09:22 PM) *
[..]
Anyone else have experience with knuckle cracking? It sounds like you are abusing your precious fingers, but honestly I can't play a set without first cracking my fingers... it really loosens them up. It's pretty much the only "warm-up" I do... hehe

Hardtail

I do it in my sleep. Seriously, sometimes I wake up and my hands are over me and I'm popping away. It has nothing to do with playing as I have been catching myself doing it for years but I don't do it that often while I am awake.

This post has been edited by kahall: Jan 25 2011, 06:02 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jan 25 2011, 02:52 PM
Of course, right after I wrote the previous post I cracked my ring finger and now it hurts... particularly when I use it to barre chords where the ring finger is pressed down on the B G D strings...

Although I believe it doesn't have long term damage... I am concerned that doing it too often will keep causing these short term injuries. I am trying to replace it with massaging my hands now. Let's see if I can fight OCD with OCD smile.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 26 2011, 11:19 PM
I've used this several times so far, and so far, so good! Will see if my hands snap after this warm up and a big technique session, though ;p

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 31 2011, 03:47 PM
Instructor
Very good, I'll try this, if it works, will do it all the time. Thanks for recommendation! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:36 AM