T-gunn - Mentored By David (mtp), October 2009
David Wallimann
Oct 9 2009, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Week 1 & 2
deadline: October the 15th

Hi Tom!

Hopefully you had a chance to check out the new MTP rules...
We're now moving on to weekly assignments.
Because I posted this a bit late, I'll combine the first 2 weeks into one.

The deadline for these first couple weeks will be on October the 15th.

What I would need from you in order to to move forward is to upload two videos (or mp3s) here. One with the first section of the lesson we've been working on just to see where you are at. Then a second video including the whole song)

If you could upload the first video as son as possible, that would help me evaluate where you're at and help you if needed.

Let me know if you need anything from me!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
T-Gunn
Oct 9 2009, 03:57 PM
GMC:er
Hey no worries i have a beer festival to goto tommorow so ill have to post something on sunday ill definitely have it up by then. I think these guidelines are a good idea i know i procrastinate so itll force me to learn the material which is always a good thing

Did you want me to just do a take on what i posted up previously or record me playing say half of the lesson and post that for the first vid.

Also a quick question i saw a rec submission requires to be made at the end of the month.. which lesson gets submitted i.e does the student choose out of the 4 weekly lessons which he would like to submit or does the tutor (yourself) outline a lesson at the start of the month which will be presented at the end of that month?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 9 2009, 04:27 PM
Instructor
You can just record what you have up to now..
If it's just half, that's fine!

For the REC program, we're not doing it this month (unless you want to)...
We'll decide together what to work on for that. Do you have any suggestions?

Have fun at beer fest!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
T-Gunn
Oct 9 2009, 07:16 PM
Hey haha ill def try to sample as many beers as i can although i got uni work to complete (and guitar practice tongue.gif) so i cant go too crazy.

Yeah REC program next month sounds good ill have a look through the list of whats rated 2-3/4 and see if anything stands out or ill list a couple that seem cool and see which you rekon would be the best to go for. And ill post passage 1 and 2 of the lesson we have been working on .. on sunday, till then take care!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 9 2009, 10:59 PM
Instructor
Great!
Have fun and be careful! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
T-Gunn
Oct 12 2009, 08:28 PM
Hey hows it going here is the first two of the 5 passages for some reason when it came time to record i struggled much more than when i was just playing along to the metronome unplugged so its slightly out of time and i gotta work on muting strings to eliminate the unwanted noise i think :-/

Attached File(s)
Attached File  1_2.wma ( 2.08MB ) Number of downloads: 92

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 12 2009, 10:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (T-Gunn @ Oct 12 2009, 03:28 PM) *
Hey hows it going here is the first two of the 5 passages for some reason when it came time to record i struggled much more than when i was just playing along to the metronome unplugged so its slightly out of time and i gotta work on muting strings to eliminate the unwanted noise i think :-/

You're getting there man!
Don't get discouraged, as I picked something quite challenging!
One thing you might ant to work on a bit is your pitch while bending...
You bend too high on the notes...
Other than that, keep it up!
Record yourself on the mp3 for the final take...
Don't hesitate to ask me anything in the meantime!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
T-Gunn
Oct 15 2009, 10:26 PM
Hey, how you been? .. here is the lesson in full i played along to the guitar pro file at 40bpm so i relied on that for spacing between phrases etc i didnt have a backing track at 40 i thought i did i only had the drum beat so i recorded just the guitar. Its far from being spot on its abit messy at the start of the 2nd phrase and my bends are out i did only a couple takes so i know where to work on still either way this has helped my rhythm placement.

Im gonna keep practicing this until i can play it at 80bpm and nail it either way looking forward to see where we go from here.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TapeDeck_1__Oct_16_04_29_39.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 111

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 15 2009, 11:10 PM
Instructor
That sounds way better than when you began man!
I think we can move forward to the next assignment..
The first one was purposely a bit of a stretch. The reason I chose that one is to push yourself and you did!
This next lesson will most likely be much easier, but with the work you have done in the previous exercise, you will be able to work much more efficiently!

Week 3 : deadline October the 22..

Pentatonic scales and rhythm placement.
Here is the lesson we'll be working on Ivan's pentatatonic workshop this week.
Study the lesson and play along making sure everything is in place...
Feel free to upload your progress here...

As you are working on this, concentrate on the rhythm and finger placement. Make sure everything sounds as clean as possible! Work with a metronome if you can.
You can use the click I gave you for the previous assignment to record your take.

Let me know if you need any help!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
T-Gunn
Oct 17 2009, 07:04 AM
Heyy thanks previous assignment has definitely given me abit of confidence im going to keep practicing it still. This next assignment should be a breeze i actually looked at this lesson the other week to help my ap out so ill get on this one asap, also what speed do you reckon i should aim for?

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 17 2009, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Any speed that is comfortable to you my friend!
Precision is key, not speed. :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
T-Gunn
Oct 21 2009, 07:47 AM
Hey hows things .. I'll use the click like you said for my take thats a nice comfortable pace for this exercise so far this one hasnt been difficult so ill have it up in time no worries.

As for the REC program next month and the lesson to work on should i look at lessons rated around 3 or are there any you can recommend, i listened to a couple of "solo" lessons and liked the neoclassical beginner one that emir did but im open to suggestions on what you think i can learn in that time frame im wanting to stretch myself with this one and put in some work smile.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 21 2009, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (T-Gunn @ Oct 21 2009, 02:47 AM) *
Hey hows things .. I'll use the click like you said for my take thats a nice comfortable pace for this exercise so far this one hasnt been difficult so ill have it up in time no worries.

As for the REC program next month and the lesson to work on should i look at lessons rated around 3 or are there any you can recommend, i listened to a couple of "solo" lessons and liked the neoclassical beginner one that emir did but im open to suggestions on what you think i can learn in that time frame im wanting to stretch myself with this one and put in some work smile.gif

If you like Emir's neoclassical, that's fine!
As far as the REC goes, all that can happen is that you don't pass.
Passing or not doesn't really matter in my opinion.. As long as it stretches your playing and that you are learning something, that's what counts I think...
I'm looking forward to your take on the assignment! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
T-Gunn
Oct 23 2009, 04:55 AM
Hey so i uploaded position 1 of the assignment ive done takes on all the positions running through the varying note values so if you want i can upload the others too just let me know.. i was practicing along to the gp file, its a big difference when you have to record it to a metronome and try getting it spot on.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Position_1.rar ( 4.08MB ) Number of downloads: 94

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 27 2009, 05:22 PM
Instructor
I think this sounds really good.
Good rhythm placement and precise technique, well done!
No need to do the others..
Here's what we'll do now..
Take some of the rhythm patterns you worked on and use them over the following backing track.
I think that will really help tie things together.
Keep a steady rhythm and stay as precise as you can.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  E_minor.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 172

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:55 PM