're'-introduction, My Introduction to the Forum
Nicolas C
Dec 31 2013, 01:24 AM
GMC:er
Hello to the GMC community!

A year ago I was a subscriber to this site, though I didn't get the most out of it, I liked the site a lot.
Now I'm back, and I hope to be part of the community!

I have been playing guitar for 6 years now, I play a bit of bass and piano as well.
I am open musically, from classical, jazz, country, disco-funk, rock and metal (not too extreme though) to EDM, techno, house, and all that other side of the spectrum. I believe that it's very interesting to see the place guitar can have in all styles of music.

My Goals are:
- to acquire the solid knowledge of music theory (more than just the basis)
- master a maximum number of techniques on the guitar
- train my ear, and eventually my voice
- write interesting songs blending styles and influences
- Have fun in the process!

If anyone wants to contact me, I would be more than happy to be part of any musical project available or just to chat about music!

Cheers,
Nick

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: -Fender Amercian Deluxe Tele -Ibanez RG2550Z
-Arturia Keylab 61 -Eleven Rack -Bugera V22 -Laboga The Beast -M-audio Bx5a

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/soft-square
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Doug Lane
Dec 31 2013, 02:48 AM
QUOTE (Nicolas C @ Dec 31 2013, 12:24 AM) *

A year ago I was a subscriber to this site, though I didn't get the most out of it, I liked the site a lot.

I have been playing guitar for 6 years now, I play a bit of bass and piano as well.
I am open musically, from classical, jazz, country, disco-funk, rock and metal (not too extreme though) to EDM, techno, house, and all that other side of the spectrum. I believe that it's very interesting to see the place guitar can have in all styles of music.

My Goals are:

If anyone wants to contact me, I would be more than happy to be part of any musical project available or just to chat about music!

Cheers,
Nick

Welcome back Nicolas! Good luck with your goals. As far as dipping your fingers into the pot of collaborations, we have a few going on right now. Check out the "Smells like winter" instructor collab, and the "Xmas is over" student collab led by WeePee! I am considering beginning a student led collab myself here pretty soon too smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2013, 03:54 AM
Instructor
Hi Nicolas! Welcome back to the forum! You are invited to join Darius, Cosmin or my mentoring program, you just have to contact us. I would also like to share with you the link to our new collab, you should join!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50970

Enjoy GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Nicolas C
Dec 31 2013, 10:13 AM
Very cool stuff, I think I'll give the "Smells Like Winter" collab a try !
Thanks guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nicolas C
Dec 31 2013, 10:40 AM
How do the Video Chats work?
What type of material is covered during theses chats?
I saw the schedule and I'ld like to take part.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 31 2013, 12:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nicolas C @ Dec 31 2013, 09:40 AM) *

Hey mate! Welcome to GMC smile.gif The chats are usually focused on a various series of topics - Todd is the technique master and his are basically the thing if you want to build up technique. Me, Gabe and Darius, are usually covering diverse topics, such as phrasing, composition, interpretation, vocal ideas sometimes, applied theory concepts. My suggestion is to try and attend them all, so that you may see the vibe and decide yourself wink.gif

In the mean time, I would be glad to help further, by inviting you to check out this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0 and if you see it fit, taking some moments to answer the questions there, which would provide the tools for me to build a weekly practice schedule based on your needs smile.gif Let me know what you think wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2013, 02:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nicolas C @ Dec 31 2013, 06:40 AM) *

My next Vchat will be this Friday at 19 hs (London Time). I always share the lesson notes previously to the session in this thread:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...0&start=160

Hope to see you at the chat room!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 1 2014, 06:41 PM
Instructor
Wellcome back Nick smile.gif Very wide range of musical interests You have smile.gif It would be awesome if You could join the latest collab smile.gif If You want to improve Your theory knowledge , we have a theory guru in here. When Your create a post with theory question You will surely get a response from The Professor smile.gif Enjoy Your time at GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2014, 07:38 AM
WELCOME BACK! smile.gif I'd say jump in to the live video chat lessons as much as possible and join any "collab" project you see!!! The forums are a great place to ask questions and get advice and info on gear and playing. Great to have you back again!

Todd

QUOTE (Nicolas C @ Dec 30 2013, 07:24 PM) *

My Goals are:

Cheers,
Nick

+Quote Post
Nicolas C
Jan 2 2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the fast replies guys!
I'll try to check out as many Chats as I can.

I don't have my interface with me for another week max, so I won't take part in the Smells like Winter, but I'll definitely be on the look out for future collabs! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Nicolas C: Jan 2 2014, 03:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2014, 10:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nicolas C @ Jan 2 2014, 02:07 PM) *

I don't have my interface with me for another week max, so I won't take part in the Smells like Winter, but I'll definitely be on the look out for future collabs! smile.gif

I am officially inviting you at my session tomorrow at 6 PM London time: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry670210

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2014, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nicolas C @ Jan 2 2014, 11:07 AM) *

Hi mate, lesson notes for today's Vchat are ready here:

Direct link to lesson notes: http://tinyurl.com/oela8zl

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:13 PM