3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Idea For A Competition
Vaialation1232
Jan 6 2009, 07:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Dreamcatcher @ Jan 5 2009, 09:49 PM) *
I really am not so good at all the tech side of producing music ...I have no idea how to create a back track or anything of the sort...if I could use a already created backtracking I'd be more inclined to join in the fun. also to note...I think most of us will be blown out of the water by the big dogs running around here...like some of these instructor people!!! perhaps one for the instructors and one for the members? I'm sorry but there is no way I can even come close to some of thier talent unless I went down to the crossroads and made a deal like Robert Johnson sad.gif

I am also backing track-challenged, so i think Enforcers' idea of a BT competition may be cool for people like us and would eliminate that problem (like the provided GI 08 tracks).

This is a good point for an instructors only one as clearly they are more technically and musically advanced, although the span of members themselves is probably pretty large too which may create problems...that being said, i don't know if it matters since its really all in fun anyways and its not like we should isolate people because they are "too good" for the rest of us...im not sure if something like the monthly competition setup (beginner, intermediate, advanced) would work to solve this but maybe??

Anyway, this competition is a cool idea!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 6 2009, 12:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Dreamcatcher @ Jan 6 2009, 06:49 AM) *
I really am not so good at all the tech side of producing music ...I have no idea how to create a back track or anything of the sort...if I could use a already created backtracking I'd be more inclined to join in the fun. also to note...I think most of us will be blown out of the water by the big dogs running around here...like some of these instructor people!!! perhaps one for the instructors and one for the members? I'm sorry but there is no way I can even come close to some of thier talent unless I went down to the crossroads and made a deal like Robert Johnson sad.gif

Dreamcatcher,
Do you know where those crossroads are? I'm ready to deal!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Like Vaialation said, this "competition" is all in fun. You can learn so much by watching players that are way more advanced then you are and even those that maybe aren't as advanced as you. You can only progress by challenging yourself so I think this would be a cool thing!! I am BT challenged too!! I am hoping that this year I can learn how to produce a halfway decent backing track. We shall see. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Jan 6 2009, 12:34 PM

+Quote Post
naule
Jan 16 2009, 01:54 AM
GMC:er
Oh Oh i like this competition. But...
does it work? i dont see any topic or rules or something.
Can we make a song with parts of GMC lessons? with the permission of course

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:20 AM