Metronome On Gmc ?
Stijntjen
Apr 21 2007, 05:42 PM
GMC:er
Would it be possible to put a good metronome on gmc ? That way you would have a proper metronome without having to pay for it or using one on an other site. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 21 2007, 06:01 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Apr 21 2007, 05:42 PM) *
Would it be possible to put a good metronome on gmc ? That way you would have a proper metronome without having to pay for it or using one on an other site. tongue.gif

No need my friend!

www.metronomeonline.com

Great online metronome, I personally perfer "real" Korg metronome but thats just me smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Stijntjen
Apr 22 2007, 11:44 AM
I already use that one tongue.gif but it can always be better tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 22 2007, 12:27 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Apr 22 2007, 11:44 AM) *

Well if you are thinking about getting serious with guitar, maybe investing in a cheap metronome might be wise. I bought the Korg MA-30, great little thing! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 22 2007, 12:40 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Apr 22 2007, 12:44 PM) *

Could you list some improvements you think this metronome needs? Developing a gmc metronome isn't a bad idea... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 22 2007, 02:44 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 22 2007, 07:40 AM) *
Could you list some improvements you think this metronome needs? Developing a gmc metronome isn't a bad idea... smile.gif

Not specific to the metronome mentioned, but the things I would look for would be:

1. Ability to division the beats in any way (16ths, 16th triplets etc)
2. User based presets - one speed for your 16ths, another for your sweeps, also saving the division
3. Volume control
4. Tap function (to detect a tempo)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 22 2007, 04:53 PM
I think a GMC metronome is a good idea. With all of the suggestions,etc. It sounds like GMC is becoming a one stop shop for all of your guitar learning needs smile.gif

It would be cool to have a free standing metronome and maybe have one that is integrated into the new Flash player.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 22 2007, 06:35 PM
Lets go fishing!
I also find a good solid "BEEP" important, the online one has a weedy click, its more like "bop" laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 22 2007, 07:59 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 22 2007, 06:35 PM) *
I also find a good solid "BEEP" important, the online one has a weedy click, its more like "bop" laugh.gif laugh.gif

yeah but nothing to high pitched

+Quote Post
Lurgen
Apr 23 2007, 01:05 AM
A configurable click, including emphasised intervals, would be nice. That way those of us who like a "tock" sound get their way, and those who like a beep get theirs.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post
DazzaUK
Apr 29 2007, 10:34 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to this but found a great metronome on http://www.nch.com.au/metronome/index.html its free and quite configurable.
By the way I love the metronome lesson, never thought I would spend so much time trying the same notes over and over to perfect things, The mrs says divorce, I say Rock n Roll biggrin.gif And the best lesson I have learned today is devotion is the key. Keep going when all seems black and the light will come. I was thinking of getting a guitar tutor until I signed up here but now I will save my cash and keep the faith.
Enjoy.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 29 2007, 10:56 PM
GMC Founder
Great suggestions here!

Andrew I am not sure I get this point:

2. User based presets - one speed for your 16ths, another for your sweeps, also saving the division

Do you mean that the user based preset should pick a certain bp,m as soon as triplets are chosen (as an aexample)? (Provided the user has chosen one earlier.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 29 2007, 11:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 29 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Great suggestions here!

Andrew I am not sure I get this point:
Do you mean that the user based preset should pick a certain bp,m as soon as triplets are chosen (as an aexample)? (Provided the user has chosen one earlier.)

I guess I mean that you can save several different presets, with all relevant info - the beats per minute, and how you may (or may not) be dividing those beats. For 16ths, I started using 4 divisions per beat to get started, then dropped it to 2, now I just use the beat. For 16th triplets I used 6 then 3 then none ... by division I mean sub-click. Although we all aim to play to quarter notes on the metrenome, for me at least it was easier to start playing with a click on every note I wanted to play and then back the number of ticks off over time.

So, I would envisage a drop down menu or similar with the BPMs and divisions you have previously saved, that you can select from.

Did that make sense at all?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Apr 30 2007, 02:14 AM
Id love to see a metronome on gmc, this is my homepage and my like new home lol. the metronome im using a download that gives me a 10 day trial at a time and unfortunatly i don't like having to fidle with anything more than my tuner my guitar my amp and gmc so it wud be great if there was 1 smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Sean Conklin
Apr 30 2007, 10:45 AM
Instructor
What's a metronome?

haha just kidding. Yeah I also think that's an excellent idea. Maybe to have a tiny built-in metronome in the lesson templates.

Sean

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:13 AM