7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
The 'fusing The Genres' Collaboration, Time to get Electronic!
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 9 2014, 08:41 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 9 2014, 01:14 AM) *
Awesome, thanks Kris! I think it'll be a lot of fun putting this together.

I worked a bit on the solo side of things, and was playing around with something like this.

[attachment=39178:Fusing_t...2___Taka.mp3]

Cool, this is much better!

I won't give you any more pointers now. At this point forget everything I have told you and use your intuition to try and make this mix as cool as possible. After all, this is your collab and backing - and you have already done a great job.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 9 2014, 11:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 8 2014, 07:14 PM) *
Awesome, thanks Kris! I think it'll be a lot of fun putting this together.

I worked a bit on the solo side of things, and was playing around with something like this.

[attachment=39178:Fusing_t...2___Taka.mp3]

Taka Nice Take, I like the restraint and the tone. One thing I thought might be cool sounding is a harmonization of the second set of notes. Either way it sounds good!

I'm under the gun here and hope to get you my files on time. Hopefully

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2014, 08:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 9 2014, 07:41 PM) *
Cool, this is much better!

I won't give you any more pointers now. At this point forget everything I have told you and use your intuition to try and make this mix as cool as possible. After all, this is your collab and backing - and you have already done a great job.

This is one of the most Zen like concepts smile.gif Forget about everything you know and act as the instinct dictates - once you have really practiced and researched enough, in order to imbue the knowledge into your reflexes, your body and mind will act accordingly to the given situation.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2014, 01:35 PM
Instructor
Hello, ye merry gentlemen! Here's my take on the collab containing video, mp3 with the context and the solo wav track smile.gif They can be downloaded from this link here: http://we.tl/rh8vU328o0

Thank you Taka for organizing this it's an honor to participate alongside everyone, as usual!!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 14 2014, 08:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello everyone!

Thank you for everyone so far that has submitted their take. If you haven't, don't panic, just get it to me as soon as you can! Sorry I was away for a few days, but I have received and downloaded all the takes that you guys have sent, and they are all sounding so fabulous. I can't wait to get all these takes in so I can start putting them together into a mix. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2014, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Hey Taka!! You have a PM! Check it out. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2014, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Great to hear everything is on track, Taka! Hardly waiting to see this one come to life biggrin.gif

PS: you can cut my feet from the video, if you don't like my white socks biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 14 2014, 01:49 PM

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 14 2014, 02:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 14 2014, 03:36 AM) *
Hello everyone!

Thank you for everyone so far that has submitted their take. If you haven't, don't panic, just get it to me as soon as you can! Sorry I was away for a few days, but I have received and downloaded all the takes that you guys have sent, and they are all sounding so fabulous. I can't wait to get all these takes in so I can start putting them together into a mix. smile.gif

All that I can say is tonight I have a date with a tripod, freshly carved pumpkin and a pumpkin beer! This will be my 6th take?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2014, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Oct 14 2014, 01:36 PM) *
All that I can say is tonight I have a date with a tripod, freshly carved pumpkin and a pumpkin beer! This will be my 6th take?

Hey Jim - looks like Taka gave us some more time wink.gif I think that it would be great if you could record and join too!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 14 2014, 05:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 14 2014, 09:42 AM) *
Hey Jim - looks like Taka gave us some more time wink.gif I think that it would be great if you could record and join too!

Haha what do you think the tripod is for? Wish me good playing tonight.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2014, 07:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Oct 14 2014, 04:56 PM) *
Haha what do you think the tripod is for? Wish me good playing tonight.

I was thinking about that actually biggrin.gif Is the pumpkin beer helping?

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 14 2014, 08:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 14 2014, 02:21 PM) *
I was thinking about that actually biggrin.gif Is the pumpkin beer helping?

I'm not sure yet, I'll probably have my pumpkin beer for the video editing process. Sometimes beer can dull you sometimes it's rocket fuel. Not worth the risk homie...

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 15 2014, 04:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 14 2014, 10:49 PM) *
Great to hear everything is on track, Taka! Hardly waiting to see this one come to life biggrin.gif

PS: you can cut my feet from the video, if you don't like my white socks biggrin.gif

Loved your take Cosmin! There's nothing wrong with white socks though wink.gif Even guitarists wear socks, right? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Oct 14 2014, 11:36 PM) *

Sounds like a romantic date, Jim! I'm looking forward to hearing your take. I don't like pumpkin, but I'm confident I'm going to love your take, from the progress you've posted up on here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 15 2014, 07:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Oct 14 2014, 07:26 PM) *
I'm not sure yet, I'll probably have my pumpkin beer for the video editing process. Sometimes beer can dull you sometimes it's rocket fuel. Not worth the risk homie...

I stopped using fuel on stage since 2005, when I had one too many and I felt like a God onstage, but when I listened to the recording... I felt ashamed and I only have a pint, after the gig - that's the best way wink.gif How's the take coming along?

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 15 2014, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 15 2014, 02:09 AM) *
I stopped using fuel on stage since 2005, when I had one too many and I felt like a God onstage, but when I listened to the recording... I felt ashamed and I only have a pint, after the gig - that's the best way wink.gif How's the take coming along?

I'm really not sure how it went. There was much trouble setting up the video and pissing around with angles. That took away from my playing but I did finish the recording atleast. I did not listen to it yet today so Im hoping to not be too shocked by mistakes. If I remember correctly the ending picking run was very hard to play because of the hours of playing before hand. By the time I got to the end my hands and mind were in a bit of a funk.

Did not finish the video yet but here are the recordings.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 16 2014, 12:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Oct 15 2014, 07:56 AM) *
I'm really not sure how it went. There was much trouble setting up the video and pissing around with angles. That took away from my playing but I did finish the recording atleast. I did not listen to it yet today so Im hoping to not be too shocked by mistakes. If I remember correctly the ending picking run was very hard to play because of the hours of playing before hand. By the time I got to the end my hands and mind were in a bit of a funk.

Did not finish the video yet but here are the recordings.

So I'm working on the video and it's looking really awesome. One reason is that when I shot my video I never hit record a couple times during the shoot and none of the video matches with some parts so i took pieces from a video from Thursday which was great lighting and quality and mixed it with the pumpkin carvings. I'm learning about screen blend mode and it can make your video have more dimensions or blurs. I'm also fixing a couple things with the audio.

IThis seems I'm taking the Halloween idea and turned it into a theme. This is gonna be nuts.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 16 2014, 03:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here is the updated files

Video https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlkwhT7h6...iew?usp=sharing

The use of the effects is mainly because the lack of footage. It seems that when i did my recording session some of the times the record button was never pressed so most of this video is the best fit and not the actual footage.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2014, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Hey Jimmy!

I like the take very much and I think you did a nice job with the video concept as well biggrin.gif Indeed, that run could be more refined and maybe the tone could be a bit cleaner, but otherwise, I think that the final result came out very nice! You should practice that run some more, as it's pretty good to use in other contexts as well, maybe with a mod or two, depending on the situation wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 16 2014, 06:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 16 2014, 03:37 AM) *
Hey Jimmy!

I like the take very much and I think you did a nice job with the video concept as well biggrin.gif Indeed, that run could be more refined and maybe the tone could be a bit cleaner, but otherwise, I think that the final result came out very nice! You should practice that run some more, as it's pretty good to use in other contexts as well, maybe with a mod or two, depending on the situation wink.gif

Cosmin Thanks!

Yeah unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't get out the lines that I spent so much time on. There were probably 10-15 different licks and also rhythm parts that never made the video. im thinking about taking a closer look at the licks tgat gave me trouble and practice the crap out of them. I believe that's the kind of licks I imagine myself to play during improv.

Btw I've wanted to hear your take for some days but never near a computer long enough to remember. Hopefully soon though...

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 16 2014, 10:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Oct 16 2014, 12:42 PM) *
Here is the updated files

Video https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlkwhT7h6...iew?usp=sharing

The use of the effects is mainly because the lack of footage. It seems that when i did my recording session some of the times the record button was never pressed so most of this video is the best fit and not the actual footage.

Hey, Jim, I'm loving the video and the incorporation of Halloween themes! I think you've spent a lot of time working on this solo, so I think you should be really happy with yourself! This is gonna sound fantastic in the mix smile.gif

Would you possibly mind uploading the guitar only file as a 16-bit WAV file? Ableton doesn't seem to play too nicely with MP3's. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Oct 16 2014, 10:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:23 AM