2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Sad News And Good News.., Mostly good though :D
audiopaal
Jun 27 2008, 05:06 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I sold my Gibson Chet Atkins SST yesterday, which is a little sad as I really liked that guitar..
But I've had my sights on a top-end acoustic guitar lately and then I wouldn't need it anymore so it had to go sad.gif

But I ordered a TAKAMINE TF250SMC Sunburst instead, can't wait to get her home biggrin.gif

Link: http://takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=1460&sid=67

It's sporting a Tube Preamp (Cool Tube):

The CTP-1 "Cool Tube" preamp introduced at the January 2004 NAMM show in Anaheim, California is the most significant development in "on-board" acoustic signal processing since Takamine presented the Acoustic DSP, the industry's first on-board "digital" acoustic guitar preamplifier in 1998. The Takamine CTP-1 "Cool Tube" preamp is an on-board acoustic- electric preamp that utilizes a 12AU7 dual triode vacuum tube. The CTP-1 packs a huge amount of features and amazing tone into a compact package that fits neatly into Takamine's "SoundChoice" docking port. This new "Cool Tube" preamp joins a range of five distinctly different preamps that are all interchangeable, giving the Takamine player several great options to fit their personal style and taste.

Read more about it here:
http://takamine.com/?fa=elec_cooltube
http://takamine.com/?fa=elec_cooltube2

..and some sound & videoclips showing the preamp: http://takamine.com/?fa=elec_cooldemo

I can't wait to record with this one, I'll post something when I have though!

Attached Image

Also, I got a really good deal on a Marshall Vintage Modern Half Stack... So I'm waiting for that one too biggrin.gif

Here's a description:

If you're looking for the perfect marriage of classic, vintage rock tones with modern feature and levels of gain, your search is over!

The Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 50 Watt Head is an all-valve single channel amplifier with a choice of two dynamic ranges selectable by footswitch. The Low range equates to the performance you would come to expect from a stock vintage Marshall amplifier in terms of tone and available gain. The High range adds an extra preamp valve into the signal path, facilitating those classic hard rock tones of the seventies. Add to this the ability to dynamically interface with your instrument's Volume and Tone controls and the experience translates into a truly expressive and organic feel in performance.

Two frequency selective Pre-amp Volumes (Gains) - Body and Detail - facilitate greater flexibility in tone shaping for individual guitars and styles while the power amplifier is heavily influenced by the first Marshall amplifiers to be produced, with two KT66 output valves yielding that substantial, fat and smooth tone. A MID Boost switch on the front panel fattens the tone even more while a traditional Marshall tone control circuit enables fine tuning of your sound.

A master volume has been included in order to practically manage the output levels at all venues. This is implemented after the phase splitter in order to fully exploit maximum preamp drive when the master is turned down low. A reverb level control mixes the on board plate reverb with the direct signal to whatever degree the player chooses. The reverb can be toggled on and off via the footswitch.

Finally, a series FX loop is provided for those players who wish to use outboard effect to further enhance their sound. Loop levels of 10dB and +4dB can be controlled via a rear panel switch as well as the option to completely bypass this feature if it is not required.

The cosmetics are also a carefully crafted hybrid of old and new styles made even more dramatic by the deep purple vinyl that covers the entire series.

Attached Image

I tried it out at a store before I made up my mind and it sounds great smile.gif
I'll use this with a THD Hotplate power attenuator at home though.. Wouldn't want to go deaf before I turn 30 tongue.gif

I'm poor now.. Really, really poor sad.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 27 2008, 05:12 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Wow, spending a few bone's arn't we Paal? tongue.gif Congrats man. That sure looks like a cool set-up. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 27 2008, 05:15 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 27 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Wow, spending a few bone's arn't we Paal? tongue.gif Congrats man. That sure looks like a cool set-up. smile.gif

I'm getting dizzy watching all my money spread it's wings and go bye-bye laugh.gif
But I'll be happy again when my gear arrives biggrin.gif

..not sure my girlfriend likes it as much as me though, haha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jun 27 2008, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
The guitar is really gorgeous. Enjoy it!

Congrats mate. Can't wait to hear some sample recordings.

Cheers!

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jun 27 2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the review smile.gif
This Takamine looks sooo cute wub.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 27 2008, 05:29 PM
Must have been hard to let SST go, grats on the other stuff though looks amazing smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 27 2008, 05:34 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Whew, that's a lot of teriffic gear! No tan for you this summer sice you'll spend most of it indoors, right? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 27 2008, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (Xose Pineda @ Jun 27 2008, 06:16 PM) *
The guitar is really gorgeous. Enjoy it!

Congrats mate. Can't wait to hear some sample recordings.

Cheers!

I will, thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (chmilew @ Jun 27 2008, 06:19 PM) *
Thanks for the review smile.gif
This Takamine looks sooo cute wub.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif

It looks perfect wub.gif
And at 2000$ it should sound great too laugh.gif

QUOTE (Siggum @ Jun 27 2008, 06:29 PM) *
Must have been hard to let SST go, grats on the other stuff though looks amazing smile.gif

Yeah, but hopefully the Takamine is good enough to take my mind of it tongue.gif
Thanks mate smile.gif

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 27 2008, 06:34 PM) *
Whew, that's a lot of teriffic gear! No tan for you this summer sice you'll spend most of it indoors, right? laugh.gif

Yeah, sure is.. I'm still not sure what I've done tongue.gif

Outside?? What is that laugh.gif
No, I'll be "see-through white" this summer laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 27 2008, 05:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice gear paal I love takamine acoustics they look and sound the dogs ya know the rest of the saying enjoy biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 27 2008, 06:01 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jun 27 2008, 06:56 PM) *
Nice gear paal I love takamine acoustics they look and sound the dogs ya know the rest of the saying enjoy biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks mate, Takamine acoustics are great smile.gif
The best out there with Martin and Gibson in my opinion.

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 27 2008, 06:07 PM
Wow! Congrats on fabulous gear! laugh.gif

That Takamine looks even better than a Gibson Hummingbird, I say!

And that stack .. wub.gif

I am so jealous! biggrin.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 27 2008, 06:29 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow Paal! beautiful guitar indeed! , and that half stack looks pretty awesome too, waiting forward for those reviews and some audio samples smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Strungout180
Jun 27 2008, 06:29 PM
That Takamine is extremely sexy, as is the amp. Great purchases!

--------------------
Electrics: Epiphone Japanese Les Paul Standard • Squire MIM Stratocaster/w. Texas Specials • Fender Robert Cray Standard

Acoustics: Takamine EG540 • Art & Lutherie Folk Cedar

Amps: Blackheart 5w/3w Little Giant

Effects: Boss SD-1 • Holy Grail Reverb • MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive • Boss DD3 Digital Delay • Crybaby Wah

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 27 2008, 07:20 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Great buys audiopaal, do you wanna gimme some laugh.gif?

Anyways, look foward to see a recording with your new equip smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 27 2008, 07:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats on new gear mate wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 27 2008, 10:01 PM
Instructor
congrats audiopaal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 27 2008, 10:17 PM
Instructor
Those are indeed great news man. Both pieces are excellent each in their own way. I would really like reviews on those, specially for the Marshall! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 27 2008, 11:36 PM
Now you only need a Les Paal, Paal! And you should be complete! laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 28 2008, 02:40 AM
Instructor
Congrats smile.gif Looking forward to trying out the Takamine biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Jun 28 2008, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Both are great piece of gear! I love takamine guitar, I think when you put a high-end takamine in a good amp or a PA there's no guitar who can beat them, even the most expensive ones! Takamine electronics are probably the best! Congratulation Audio, I'll waiting for your review!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:17 PM