Find My Amp
daganael
Feb 11 2009, 12:41 PM
GMC:er
plop,

I'm searching for a new amp and as I'm waiting for a long time I'm searching for a big hot one.
For now, I'm looking at the Marshall JVM410. Do you guys have any opinion on it ?
Combo ? Head ? another amp ?

Anyway, I'm looking for something versatile from clean to insane. The perfect amp you said ? yeah, maybe I'm looking fot it smile.gif

what do you think about it ?

thx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by daganael: Feb 11 2009, 12:42 PM

--------------------
- daganael -

Guitars :
~ BC Rich Mockingbird supreme handcrafted
~ ESP std f 7 sanscrit
~ Gibson Les Paul Tradi Pro
~ Gibson 339 custom

Amps :
~ Line6 Bogner dt25
~ Backstar ht5-h
~ marshall 1960 cab
~ Line6 Amplifi 75

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2009, 12:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its an amazing amp, but very powerful too so you will need to crank it up good to get that powerful tube tone...Consider where are you going to play it because of that..Regarding head , combo dilema...If you are really for a versatile amp then go for the head + cab option...Its really versatile because you can choose different cabs and everything to suit your needs..But combo option is easier to carry around I guess..See how are you going to transport it to gigs and then choose...I would go for head+cab option in relation to combo any day smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 11 2009, 12:55 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I agree with Bogdan regarding versatility.

Can you give us a bit more info though - style of music and budget would be helpful. Regardless, I'm inclined to point you at Engl amps, maybe a Powerball, or perhaps a Framus Dragon or Cobra - they will go clean to insane.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 11 2009, 01:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
I don't like Marshall combos - they lack low end, the stacks however are great, i might buy a JVM410h tomorrow!!!!!

I'm in the same dilemma I want a great rock tone, an oldschool metal tone and a brutal high gain metal tone...

Choices are Marshall JVM410h(not brutal enough), peavey 6505 (not very versatile), Engl Powerball(very modern sounding), Mesa Boogie Rectifier (great but expensive), Hughes & Kettner Switchblade (versatile but cold sounding)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2009, 02:27 PM
Instructor
If you need insane distortion it may be a good idea to check out other amps in the price range, like ENGLs. Head+cab seems like a good option as well, depending what are your needs. Sometimes it is good to carry only a head if you have a cab on the spot, and sometimes it is good to have all in one solution for easy carrying. Usually the tube head weights as much as a 112 combo.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 11 2009, 02:33 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 11 2009, 12:55 PM) *

Can you give us a bit more info though - style of music and budget would be helpful. Regardless, I'm inclined to point you at Engl amps, maybe a Powerball, or perhaps a Framus Dragon or Cobra - they will go clean to insane.

Cheers,
Tony

The Framus Ruby Riot I (Not the Ruby Riot II) will also go from clean to pretty insane smile.gif

+Quote Post
daganael
Feb 11 2009, 05:48 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 11 2009, 12:55 PM) *

Cheers,
Tony

I may play jazz, blues, metal and maybe even some pop on it... so...
about money, I can afford 1800 euro, about 2400 dol. It a lot of money but not enough for a mesa boogy I'm afraid (and sad. One day I will have one. one day...)

so defenatly a head+cab. thx for your advices about it.
and... here I am.
Marshall JVM410h ?
Framus Ruby Riot I ?
Framus Dragon or Cobra ?

thx guys.

--------------------
- daganael -

Guitars :
~ BC Rich Mockingbird supreme handcrafted
~ ESP std f 7 sanscrit
~ Gibson Les Paul Tradi Pro
~ Gibson 339 custom

Amps :
~ Line6 Bogner dt25
~ Backstar ht5-h
~ marshall 1960 cab
~ Line6 Amplifi 75

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 11 2009, 06:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Not to forget, what is it going to be used for, arena playing, pub gigs or bedroom? I'd not suggest a 100W head for your bedroom. I could however suggest a 5w amp for arena playing, if you mike it wink.gif And tops 50w for the pub.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 11 2009, 11:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
The JVM ist the one for you then!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 PM