2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Intermediate Task 6
Ben Higgins
Mar 1 2012, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Task 6 : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/shuffle_rhythm_guitar/

Warriors.. I bring you a new challenge ! It's quite bizarre shuffle piece and I'm using it for you to do more work on your rhythm playing.

Riffing is the focus so I don't expect you to do the tapping part near the end unless you want to !

I'm expecting great things from you lot this week. You're the largest group so don't let the Sensei down or I'll have to have a little 'talk'with you. ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 1 2012, 03:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha, awesome. This one will be fun.

Challenge accepted! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Mar 1 2012, 04:10 PM
Tone Seeker
Wow that is one weird lesson. tongue.gif
I'll Try my best as always

This post has been edited by WeePee: Mar 1 2012, 04:11 PM

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Mar 1 2012, 07:23 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
QUOTE (WeePee @ Mar 1 2012, 04:10 PM) *
Wow that is one weird lesson. tongue.gif
I'll Try my best as always

So will I biggrin.gif It's groovy. I'm so glad to play riffs, that's something I really need to work on !

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 1 2012, 07:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow thats a really cool lesson! Bookmarked smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Mar 2 2012, 05:27 PM
Tone Seeker
I don't know but I pull off always that 7p--5p--0--2 on A string. It's tabbed 7p--5--0--2. So you should pick the 5--0

Right ??

But It seems that Ramiro is also pulling off all the notes blink.gif

Am I thinking too much of this and should just ignore it ?

This post has been edited by WeePee: Mar 2 2012, 05:27 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 2 2012, 07:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Mar 2 2012, 04:27 PM) *
I don't know but I pull off always that 7p--5p--0--2 on A string. It's tabbed 7p--5--0--2. So you should pick the 5--0

Right ??

But It seems that Ramiro is also pulling off all the notes blink.gif

Am I thinking too much of this and should just ignore it ?

I think Ramiro is picking the 7 and pulling off the 5th to the 0. smile.gif

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Mar 4 2012, 11:08 PM
Here is a first take, at 180 bpm. I wish I could have some feedbacks on it.

180 bpm is the slower backing track for this lesson, and I know I should try to master it before going any further. I'm still not mastering it, of course. But I've worked a lot on it, especially on the taping part, as I've never really worked tapping.

I think it's quite a good start though. Could you tell me what I need to focus on right now, please ?

That lesson is really great, and I love my journey in the ninja land ! biggrin.gif

Attached File  Shuffle_Rhythm_Guitar_Hard_Rock_backing_track_in_B_minor_take2_180bpm.mp3 ( 2.36MB ) Number of downloads: 123

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 5 2012, 10:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Mar 4 2012, 10:08 PM) *
Here is a first take, at 180 bpm. I wish I could have some feedbacks on it.

180 bpm is the slower backing track for this lesson, and I know I should try to master it before going any further. I'm still not mastering it, of course. But I've worked a lot on it, especially on the taping part, as I've never really worked tapping.

I think it's quite a good start though. Could you tell me what I need to focus on right now, please ?

That lesson is really great, and I love my journey in the ninja land ! biggrin.gif

Attached File  Shuffle_Rhythm_Guitar_Hard_Rock_backing_track_in_B_minor_take2_180bpm.mp3 ( 2.36MB ) Number of downloads: 123

Bon Matin !

This is really, really good.. I enjoyed listening to this and I like your tone smile.gif

I guess the only thing that needs work is just tightening things up overall, mainly the fast licks (like the one 0:10 in the main lesson for example.)

The tapping was also really good. You've manged to capture the shuffle swing sound, which is important. There's nothing else that leapt out as needing correction so you're on the right path !

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Mar 5 2012, 04:25 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 5 2012, 10:49 AM) *
Bon Matin !

This is really, really good.. I enjoyed listening to this and I like your tone smile.gif

I guess the only thing that needs work is just tightening things up overall, mainly the fast licks (like the one 0:10 in the main lesson for example.)

The tapping was also really good. You've manged to capture the shuffle swing sound, which is important. There's nothing else that leapt out as needing correction so you're on the right path !

Bonjour !

Thank you so much for your answer. I'll work on this tonight ! smile.gif

By the way, in French, there is no difference between "good morning" and "good afternoon" : we say "bonjour". But "good evening" is said "bonsoir". wink.gif

À bientôt !

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 6 2012, 05:12 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I've got a pretty good handle on it although I won't have the tapping part done in time. The only part giving me an issue is the little legato transition part. I've got a lesson going with Gabriel right where I'm having the same issue. There's a little legato transition that's preventing me from getting things wrapped up.

Im getting better at it slowly but there are definite moments of frustration. Hopefully I can look back at this week as the moment I finally kicked open the legato door.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 6 2012, 11:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Mar 6 2012, 04:12 AM) *
Hopefully I can look back at this week as the moment I finally kicked open the legato door.

Haha, I like the way you described it !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Mar 6 2012, 11:05 PM
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Mar 6 2012, 05:12 AM) *
I finally kicked open the legato door.

That's so right ! Exactly what I feel about legato and tapping techniques.

I'm still working on it. To avoid the problem I had on task 4, I record myself everyday. I spend some time listening to each take, sometimes entirely, sometimes just part of it. So here is the result of my two practice sessions. I've essentially worked on the legato part, as Ben kindly pointed it out on a previous post. I think I'm on the right way, but my legato notes sounds less than the stroked ones, and I can't figure out how to even this (not sure my English serves me well here huh.gif).

Here it is. If you have some time to listen to it and give me some feedbacks, I thank you for it. smile.gif
Attached File  Shuffle_Rhythm_Guitar_Hard_Rock_backing_track_in_B_minor_take3_180bpm.mp3 ( 2.39MB ) Number of downloads: 103

Bonne nuit ! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 7 2012, 09:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Mar 6 2012, 10:05 PM) *
That's so right ! Exactly what I feel about legato and tapping techniques.

I'm still working on it. To avoid the problem I had on task 4, I record myself everyday. I spend some time listening to each take, sometimes entirely, sometimes just part of it. So here is the result of my two practice sessions. I've essentially worked on the legato part, as Ben kindly pointed it out on a previous post. I think I'm on the right way, but my legato notes sounds less than the stroked ones, and I can't figure out how to even this (not sure my English serves me well here huh.gif).

Here it is. If you have some time to listen to it and give me some feedbacks, I thank you for it. smile.gif
Attached File  Shuffle_Rhythm_Guitar_Hard_Rock_backing_track_in_B_minor_take3_180bpm.mp3 ( 2.39MB ) Number of downloads: 103

Bonne nuit ! tongue.gif

Yo GG, this is Tres Bien !!! biggrin.gif

Sounds really good, very even. That legato pull off part sounds great as it is.. it'll naturally get stronger with time but I would be very happy with that progress ! cool.gif

Well done, young warrior ! ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Mar 7 2012, 10:45 PM
Bonsoir tout le monde,

I won't do any better tonight... I'm a bit rushing things here, but 240 bpm is really fast for me ! huh.gif
Anyway, I'm quite happy of this week work. I'll have to continue playing this, that's so fun.

Good night.

Attached File  Shuffle_Rhythm_Guitar_Hard_Rock_backing_track_in_B_minor_take5_240bpm.mp3 ( 1.76MB ) Number of downloads: 99

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 8 2012, 01:40 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Ben! Here's my take. I didn't get the tapping part done mainly because I spent most of my time trying to get the legato section down, and also I'm terrible at tapping (and legato). biggrin.gif

This one could use some more work but I got the hang of the structure of it. It's still a bit frantic when I play it so I haven't found that zone yet but I'm pretty close.

Have a good one!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  shuffleRhythm.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 117

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 8 2012, 11:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Mar 7 2012, 09:45 PM) *
Bonsoir tout le monde,

I won't do any better tonight... I'm a bit rushing things here, but 240 bpm is really fast for me ! huh.gif
Anyway, I'm quite happy of this week work. I'll have to continue playing this, that's so fun.

Good night.

Attached File  Shuffle_Rhythm_Guitar_Hard_Rock_backing_track_in_B_minor_take5_240bpm.mp3 ( 1.76MB ) Number of downloads: 99

Hey that's still quite a good result ! It's really intense with that drum beat when you crank it up isn't it ? smile.gif

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Mar 8 2012, 12:40 AM) *
Hey Ben! Here's my take. I didn't get the tapping part done mainly because I spent most of my time trying to get the legato section down, and also I'm terrible at tapping (and legato). biggrin.gif

This one could use some more work but I got the hang of the structure of it. It's still a bit frantic when I play it so I haven't found that zone yet but I'm pretty close.

Have a good one!

Man that was cool ! Yes, the legato bit could still do with improving but we knew that so overall I'm impressed. Your rendition has a Van Halen quality as opposed to that jazzy, woody tone. I really like the contrast smile.gif

Also, that's some really hot phrasing at the end ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 8 2012, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
This one has been really though for me. I havent had time to work on the tapping but i will record the rest of it tomorrow

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 9 2012, 10:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Mar 8 2012, 09:16 PM) *
This one has been really though for me. I havent had time to work on the tapping but i will record the rest of it tomorrow

Cool, Ize.. I look forward to it !

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Mar 13 2012, 05:51 PM
Tone Seeker
http://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/guitar-bushido-6

This is little bit late but I have been really busy few weeks and...well not so much guitar playing dry.gif

This is 75 bpm.
I'll try to catch up next task.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:19 AM