12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Metal Recommendations (closed)
steve25
Oct 31 2007, 06:09 AM
GMC:er
seems like a pretty good idea for general band ideas however i agree that melodic death and death metal should be separated. But if someone was to want an actual recommendation for them perhaps they could make a new post, say what they're into and what bands they know and ask for recommendations depending on what genre they want

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
exorcyze
Oct 31 2007, 07:34 AM
Just watched that video for Eluveitie - that's some cool stuff! Imma have to get that. =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 31 2007, 08:25 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I will start to work on separating melodic death from death, and then gradually the other genres.

+Quote Post
Aarggh
Nov 6 2007, 01:41 PM
there's a canadian one called Kataklysm. an american one called DevilDriver.
saw them both with Unearth and Dimmu Borgir back in May. Wicked show!
(note: I wanted to say effin' wicked show but have noticed no other foul language so I must check the forum rules...)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 6 2007, 09:24 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Aarggh @ Nov 6 2007, 07:41 AM) *
there's a canadian one called Kataklysm. an american one called DevilDriver.
saw them both with Unearth and Dimmu Borgir back in May. Wicked show!
(note: I wanted to say effin' wicked show but have noticed no other foul language so I must check the forum rules...)

Yes, we don't allow foul language, well spotted and thanks for your restraint smile.gif

Posting guidelines can be found here.

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Nov 6 2007, 09:24 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 10 2007, 07:49 AM
Uncreator, I'll help you clean up these recommendation threads and get links and info on the bands as requested before.

Just let me know what you think first since this is your thread.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 10 2007, 08:19 AM
Well, im almost done with the Death/Melodic death separation, any other genre you feel you can further diversify or further add information too, feel free, PM me the fina list or post it here.

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Nov 10 2007, 05:58 PM
I've noticed that some of the people have been asking for more descriptions for the bands.

I think that would be pretty long to do so I will add some links here of websites that already have the descriptions and related stuff.

metal-archives

Probably the biggest archive of metal bands on the net. They have band descriptions, discographies, lyrics, album covers and links to official sites, myspace and fansites of each band.

metalstorm

A lot Smaller than metal-archives but has news and interviews. Specializes in underground stuff.

metal-rules

This is more of a commercial site. They deal in more well known acts than the two previous sites. They also have news and reviews.

I'm actually looking for some new bands to listen to so I'm slowly going through the entire list using these sites (especially metal-archives).

Hope this helps smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 11 2007, 08:59 AM
everyone knows the archives. Vinicitur are you in there forum?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Nov 11 2007, 09:31 AM
You should put Protest the Hero in either thrash or progressive. Mastodon could go in either of those categories too.

Nice work though, this thing shows you A LOT of bands to check out. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Anastasio123: Nov 11 2007, 09:32 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 11:05 AM
Ok people, i have made all the band names under Progressive links to there web page, i will probably do death metal or power metal next, since those two are the biggest.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 11 2007, 11:09 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 11 2007, 04:05 AM) *
Ok people, i have made all the band names under Progressive links to there web page, i will probably do death metal or power metal next, since those two are the biggest.

Holy crap, man, you are investing alot of time in this. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 11:11 AM
Let me know if any of the links dont work, hopefully by tuesday, depending on my work/school situation, i will have death AND power metal section up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Nov 11 2007, 12:06 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 11 2007, 03:59 AM) *
everyone knows the archives. Vinicitur are you in there forum?

No I only use it to research bands. I have a problem with all the flame wars they have. Everyone keeps arguing about the definition of metal and I'm tired of it. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 12:42 PM
Okay guys, i did one last update, i added a new intro to the thread, and added Viniciturs Websites as "Metal Reference".

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 11 2007, 12:46 PM
QUOTE (Vinicitur @ Nov 11 2007, 04:06 PM) *
No I only use it to research bands. I have a problem with all the flame wars they have. Everyone keeps arguing about the definition of metal and I'm tired of it. sad.gif

They dont really do it that much anymore. Only when someone is trolling the forums like a moron. General Discussion is the one I visit often since its a little less intense.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 12:49 PM
Its been awhile since ive been on there, i remember there were like a minimum of 10 flame wars a day laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Nov 11 2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah usually it starts with "Why isn't Band X in the archive?"

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah, im trying to avoid that here, and try to get as many bands as i can get in here, in the proper category, where no one is displeased, but that might be impossible.

I guess i gotta try it though

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Nov 11 2007, 01:06 PM
I think if people accept that every metal fan will have their own definition of Metal it should be alright.

Just realized I dont see Therion anywhere? Or maybe I am just blind? blink.gif

I'd also like to add a band to the list. Haggard it a classical/symphonic metal band. Here's the link to their myspace site.

Haggard

This post has been edited by Vinicitur: Nov 11 2007, 01:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 PM