6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Djent
TesttubeMammoth
Sep 16 2011, 08:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
This has been so helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.
On to the Harmonic Minor modes when I finish scalloping! (which is going surprisingly well).

Here is a video of my old drummer (and good mate) playing Bad Code, I just remembered he did this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v8rvSz_r2o

He's a talented chap! Enjoy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
be excellent to each other
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 16 2011, 08:52 PM
GMC:er
you guys know any djoke tongue.gif?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 11:26 AM
Instructor
Yeah smile.gif) I just made this one up biggrin.gif what's Will Smith's version for a djent song?

'Gettin' DJIGGY with it!' tongue.gif

QUOTE (TesttubeMammoth @ Sep 16 2011, 07:30 PM) *
This has been so helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.
On to the Harmonic Minor modes when I finish scalloping! (which is going surprisingly well).

Here is a video of my old drummer (and good mate) playing Bad Code, I just remembered he did this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v8rvSz_r2o

He's a talented chap! Enjoy!

Bwahaha biggrin.gif nice take smile.gif in my opinion, it's very hard to find good drummers, especially here, in Romania!

+Quote Post
TesttubeMammoth
Sep 19 2011, 11:40 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 19 2011, 11:26 AM) *
Yeah smile.gif) I just made this one up biggrin.gif what's Will Smith's version for a djent song?

'Gettin' DJIGGY with it!' tongue.gif

Don't give up your day djob wink.gif

--------------------
be excellent to each other

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 11:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TesttubeMammoth @ Sep 19 2011, 10:40 AM) *
Don't give up your day djob wink.gif

Dj'u mean that for real? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2011, 08:22 PM
Instructor
Dju guys are crazy biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ZX6
Sep 19 2011, 08:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Djeah ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 19 2011, 09:02 PM
in the our last days, our lord Djesus will come saves us all !!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 19 2011, 09:10 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 19 2011, 10:50 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 11 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Not to be negative, but this is coming from the person who popularized the term Djent. I always thought it was weird how people think Djent is a genre, and that the Djent defining factor of big chords is almost non existent in most bands labeled 'Djent'.

I mean, I dont understand how people can hear the sound 'djent' from a guitar, but thats just me. I think at best Djent is only describing a sound, not a genre.

And this is what Misha is talking about - those big fat chords smile.gif

I actually mentioned this in an earlier post, that despite Misha's best intentions, Djent has become widely used as a descriptive term for a sub Genre of Metal. He didn't mean it that way, but that's language for ya smile.gif It grows and evolves on it's own.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Sep 21 2011, 07:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think this song was greatly overlooked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-EQ-UaoOk

I know it isn't true djent, but I like the fact that they are creating the layers with their guitars, rather than needing a cut track.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2011, 07:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Sep 21 2011, 06:05 AM) *

I know it isn't true djent, but I like the fact that they are creating the layers with their guitars, rather than needing a cut track.

It sounds pretty Djentish to me smile.gif I love the atmosphere biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 21 2011, 07:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Sep 21 2011, 03:05 AM) *

It sounds great! Great guitar textures and riffing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2011, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Here's some of Periphery's Misha Mansoor (AKA Bulb). he explains a lot of interesting djenty things in these videos. I'm not sure he does not know any theory as he states though tongue.gif

I found out he speaks about interesting ways in which he colors a riff smile.gif although he uses the word 'like' WAY too much biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 22 2011, 10:03 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 22 2011, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 22 2011, 05:02 AM) *
Here's some of Periphery's Misha Mansoor (AKA Bulb). he explains a lot of interesting djenty things in these videos. I'm not sure he does not know any theory as he states though tongue.gif

I found out he speaks about interesting ways in which he colors a riff smile.gif although he uses the word 'like' WAY too much biggrin.gif

MISHA RAWKS! He is just killer. And all by ear and pretty much self taught. His stuff sounds very theory based to the ear
but it's all just sort of done by what sounds good to Misha. Which works well smile.gif For a band that is at the "Periphery" of
the industry and is really quite small in terms of sales/shows/presence, they are having a MASSIVE impact on musicians
and on Heavy Music in general. Shockingly under rated band.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 22 2011, 08:59 PM
Instructor
I agree with you Todd, that is what is interesting with djent bands, it's a new direction, and usually younger people are following it. Compared to their youth, musical experience, and amount of gigs they did, I think they are leaving pretty good impact on the modern metal community

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2011, 07:32 AM
Instructor
Since we all like rigs biggrin.gif let's see what a few djent oriented rigs look like:

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 28 2011, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Young guys, and already making awesome music with awesome gear smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2011, 07:54 AM
Instructor
Hey guys!

Here's a series of interviews with Mr Devin Townsend, regarding his work flow and all sorts of interesting details which I am sure you will find interesting! He is one of the artists which influenced the djent current so I am certain we can pick up a huge dose of wisdom from him!

Enjoy!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2011, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Check these guys out! I found them searching for Mayones axes! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 14 2011, 01:05 PM
1:39 watch the guy finger :| looks like is gonna break.

Always enjoy Djent instr' thanks for sharing,

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:37 AM