2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ben Higgins Marshal Lead Tone, Guitar Rig 4 Version
Ben Higgins
Sep 7 2012, 09:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 6 2012, 02:44 PM) *
Spiff thanks! I'll pipe this through the ben patch. Can you post the same lick played through your actual marshall? I just guestimated on the sound setting but having a clean to compare to a dirty would help a lot. Tone Matching with Guitar Rig! But it's all done by ear, so not entirely scientific smile.gif

The first lick was lifted directly from my Marty Friedman lesson so if you want to, you could use that as a reference ? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2012, 06:08 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 7 2012, 04:32 AM) *
The first lick was lifted directly from my Marty Friedman lesson so if you want to, you could use that as a reference ? smile.gif

Will do thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2012, 02:13 AM
HERE IT IS ! smile.gif

THe Ben Tone Test!

Which lick is the Amp and Which is Guitar Rig 4? It's not to hard to tell smile.gif But I did guess the patch settings pretty close before the comparison just from hearing been play in chats/recordings/etc.. Gotta love Guitar Rig!

Attached File  BEN_TONE_TEST.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 93

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 13 2012, 09:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 13 2012, 02:13 AM) *
HERE IT IS ! smile.gif

THe Ben Tone Test!

Which lick is the Amp and Which is Guitar Rig 4? It's not to hard to tell smile.gif But I did guess the patch settings pretty close before the comparison just from hearing been play in chats/recordings/etc.. Gotta love Guitar Rig!

Attached File  BEN_TONE_TEST.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 93

Very interesting ! The Guitar Rig 4 tone almost gives it a Strat like quality don't you think ? smile.gif

I'd guess that there's less mid on the GR4 patch and more bass ?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2012, 09:20 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 13 2012, 04:57 AM) *
Very interesting ! The Guitar Rig 4 tone almost gives it a Strat like quality don't you think ? smile.gif

I'd guess that there's less mid on the GR4 patch and more bass ?

Bingo! Instead of "Amp Modeling" it's really "Ear Modeling" as I sorta guessed from memory and just wung it. I wanted to capture the raw Marshal amp and Guitar quality a bit. It works well as lead patch smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 14 2012, 09:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 13 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Bingo! Instead of "Amp Modeling" it's really "Ear Modeling" as I sorta guessed from memory and just wung it. I wanted to capture the raw Marshal amp and Guitar quality a bit. It works well as lead patch smile.gif

Todd

Haha.. ear modelling, I like it !! Yeah, it's definitely a legit sounding patch smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:09 AM