3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
What Band/player Isn't Covered At Gmc?, requests topic...
derper
Feb 9 2012, 07:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
I second the "Brian Setzer" vote.

Also I would mention....

-Jerry Reed
-Albert Lee
-Eric Krasno (from "Soulive")
-Red Hot Chili Peppers (more specifically, John Frusciante from "Blood Sugar Sex Magik", OR Dave Navarro from "One Hot Minute")
-Frank Zappa

Personally, I would LOVE to see the solo from Vince Gill's "Oklahoma Borderline" as a lesson!!

There's a few of my ideas for now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 9 2012, 10:05 PM
Instructor
@Jerry Reed,Albert Lee !! Great suggestion, we will arrange something soon wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 9 2012, 10:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 8 2012, 10:24 PM) *
yes! this is insane! tongue.gif

B-foot is the man! But who is willing to tackle his stuff? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
BlackViper
Feb 9 2012, 10:27 PM
GMC:er
I would love to see a lesson covering the style of early Annihilator/Jeff Waters. That guy can riff. Early Testament would be awesme too. The only Testament lesson I saw was based around "The Ritual", which is a great album, but the faster stuff will always be the best.

+Quote Post
llibach
Feb 9 2012, 10:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
How about something in the style of mathcore bands like Dillenger Escape Plan, Botch or Converge. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2012, 12:46 AM
QUOTE (llibach @ Feb 9 2012, 04:37 PM) *
How about something in the style of mathcore bands like Dillenger Escape Plan, Botch or Converge. smile.gif

Good call! Howabout CARCASS!!!????

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2012, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (BlackViper @ Feb 9 2012, 06:27 PM) *
I would love to see a lesson covering the style of early Annihilator/Jeff Waters. That guy can riff. Early Testament would be awesme too. The only Testament lesson I saw was based around "The Ritual", which is a great album, but the faster stuff will always be the best.

Hi man! thanks for the request! I like Annihilator! I could work on something... which are your favourite songs from them?

I noted that this is your first post here so welcome to the forum! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2012, 08:55 AM
Instructor
Haha Dillinger Escape Plan biggrin.gif that would be something pretty interesting to cover tongue.gif those guys need a serious dose of insanity in order to come up with that music!

+Quote Post
leonard478
Feb 10 2012, 09:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 8 2012, 02:42 PM) *
Hey guys! As you know I use to work a lot doing "in the style of..." lessons so this thread is to say what bands or guitar players aren't covered here and you think that we should do it.... do you have any one in mind?
I'm also working on series based on specific styles and genres so you can also say what styles you would like to see covered... smile.gif

Steffen Schackinger

Andy Timmons!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (leonard478 @ Feb 10 2012, 08:21 AM) *
Steffen Schackinger

Andy Timmons!

I would love to tackle Andy Timmons biggrin.gif he is among my favorites!

+Quote Post
Zeventh
Feb 10 2012, 11:21 AM
As Dinaga mentioned in his post, I would so love to see more in the style of Ritchie Blackmoore!!
A really great cover would be the song Lazy by Deep Purple from Machine Head(album), an extremely cool song, one of my favourites imo.
loads of good solo licks, rhytm sections and so on, fits under Intermediate/advanced difficulty.

I would also recommend checking the live version of that song too, for instance the one from the live album Made In Japan biggrin.gif

I think Lazy would be a very attractive lesson among this community

+Quote Post
llibach
Feb 10 2012, 11:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 10 2012, 07:55 AM) *
Haha Dillinger Escape Plan biggrin.gif that would be something pretty interesting to cover tongue.gif those guys need a serious dose of insanity in order to come up with that music!

So is it gonna be you or Todd who tries to capture the maddness. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2012, 01:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (leonard478 @ Feb 10 2012, 05:21 AM) *
Steffen Schackinger

Andy Timmons!

Thanks for the request man! and welcome again to GMC! smile.gif

QUOTE (Zeventh @ Feb 10 2012, 07:21 AM) *
As Dinaga mentioned in his post, I would so love to see more in the style of Ritchie Blackmoore!!
A really great cover would be the song Lazy by Deep Purple from Machine Head(album), an extremely cool song, one of my favourites imo.
loads of good solo licks, rhytm sections and so on, fits under Intermediate/advanced difficulty.

I would also recommend checking the live version of that song too, for instance the one from the live album Made In Japan biggrin.gif

I think Lazy would be a very attractive lesson among this community

You are right! Blackmore and Purple could be more covered here! Thanks for the idea.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
BlackViper
Feb 11 2012, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2012, 07:28 AM) *
Hi man! thanks for the request! I like Annihilator! I could work on something... which are your favourite songs from them?

I noted that this is your first post here so welcome to the forum! wink.gif

I always loved the Never, Neverland album. Not a single bad track on that album! But the Alison Hell record is so amazing too! Overall, I'd say my 5 favorite songs by them would be Wicked Mystic, The Fun Palace, Road To Ruin, Imperiled Eyes, and Word Salad. So hard to choose though, they just have so much good stuff. And thank you! It's great to be here!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2012, 05:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (BlackViper @ Feb 10 2012, 11:47 PM) *
I always loved the Never, Neverland album. Not a single bad track on that album! But the Alison Hell record is so amazing too! Overall, I'd say my 5 favorite songs by them would be Wicked Mystic, The Fun Palace, Road To Ruin, Imperiled Eyes, and Word Salad. So hard to choose though, they just have so much good stuff. And thank you! It's great to be here!

Cool mate! I'll work on something. Thanks for the list! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 11 2012, 02:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
How abourt something from The Cure smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 11 2012, 03:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Demon Hunter
RED (I know Cosmin has the baritone guitar. wink.gif )
Skillet (We need more.)

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Feb 11 2012, 05:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Feb 8 2012, 05:41 PM) *
I asked two times for Vicktor Smolski but no one answered my call sad.gif... will you? ohmy.gif

Damn, this guy is awesome.. have to check out Rage now smile.gif

Also, some Deep Purple stuff would be cool!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
Marfol
Feb 11 2012, 05:55 PM
I think a lesson about Machine head would be great, Robb Flynn is doing a great job and on his first records his trademark were those overtones (don´t know if this is the right englisch word for this technic) , check out "Davidian" for example, if you hear it you will know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0XrKF19yzE

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2012, 06:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 11 2012, 10:24 AM) *
How abourt something from The Cure smile.gif

Great idea Fran! Their guitar work is really interesting to be analysed.

QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 11 2012, 11:27 AM) *
Demon Hunter
RED (I know Cosmin has the baritone guitar. wink.gif )
Skillet (We need more.)

Good ideas mate! and yes, Cosmin is the man for the RED lesson!

QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Feb 11 2012, 01:21 PM) *
Damn, this guy is awesome.. have to check out Rage now smile.gif

Also, some Deep Purple stuff would be cool!

Ok! smile.gif

QUOTE (Marfol @ Feb 11 2012, 01:55 PM) *
I think a lesson about Machine head would be great, Robb Flynn is doing a great job and on his first records his trademark were those overtones (don´t know if this is the right englisch word for this technic) , check out "Davidian" for example, if you hear it you will know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0XrKF19yzE

Machine head rocks! Their riffing is so cool and groovy. I'll add this one to the list.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:53 AM