> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Solo in D, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Hidetaka
Jun 10 2014, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Beginner Solo in D by Muris Varajic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2014, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Hello Hidetaka!! Congrats on your first REC take! You have been clever with the lesson selection because it's a very cool sounding one for beginners that combines many different techniques on the same short tune. You can practice vibrato, bending, alternate picking, legato, sweep picking and tapping.

I can say that you are doing a very good job with this lesson, you can play the whole thing good and now it's time to keep on playing it every day to feel more comfortable with each of the techniques and at the same time, for the same reason, you should start working on more advanced exercises/lessons that cover those techniques.

I would really like to help you during this journey, so check out your inbox!

Keep on rocking!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
Jun 12 2014, 01:18 PM
Instructor
Good job, mate! As Gabriel already told you, I think you should really focus on more advanced lessons. You have great potential and I'm sure you'll improve a lot. Be sure to spend time on your tone (the actual tone in your fingers) cause it will be your trade mark - listen to great players such as Steve Vai, Andy Timmons, BB King that are recognizable even from playing one note smile.gif If you need any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to help. Keep on rocking! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jun 12 2014, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Hidetaka,

yeah, this sounds really cool!
You'er able to switch between different techniques really well!!

Now it's time to let the guitar more SING to get a smoother sound by adding a bit more dynamics and getting more control over bendings & vibratos. I remember when I was a kid practicing a simple a major/minor scale on ONE string helped me a lot to develop the exact pitch of every note (by playing every note with a bending). You could do this by adding vibrato too, of course. And due to the fact that the higher you go, less bending you need, ONLY YOUR EARS can decide how high you should bend. This is also a good ear training of course.

The major problem due to the construction of string instruments is that EVERY GUITAR is a just bit detuned, no matter which position you play(some position are worse then others). I'm speaking here of micro tuning, some people don't even notice this. The only system that I know that avoids this tuning problem ist THE BUZZ FEITEN SYTEM!!!
But because I have a really sensitive ear(and this sometimes drives me crazy) I can hear this. Even how hard you're pressing the strings down to the fret, the pitch can very a lot. So it's very important that the pressure of every finger ist the same to keep the pitch. But that alone sometimes isn't enough! To avoid this little detuning, just adding vibrato (specially for longer her notes) can make a huge different. Because the tone is modulated the ears/brain are constantly searching for the main pitch( assuming here that the vibrato is very accurate!) And of course it's sound a lot better and your guitar starts to sing more...

Also watch your timing a bit more! Maybe it would be cooler if you would play a bit more laid back. Specially in ballads this is a great way to get a more human character.

Keep rockin!!!

This post has been edited by Guido Bungenstock: Jun 12 2014, 04:13 PM

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2014, 10:12 PM
Instructor
Hey there! Very nice take man! I think that the guys pretty much covered it all, so all that remains, is for me to offer my help if needed - PM me if you want to start working together on sharpening those skills wink.gif

All the best!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 15 2014, 05:03 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:09 AM