Metallica And The Axe-fx Ii In All It's Glory.
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2017, 05:19 AM
Instructor
This video is very interesting!

The folks over at MetallicaTV have premiered a 19-minute video in which the band's guitar techs—Chad Zaemisch and Justin Crew—walk viewers through James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett's guitar rigs for the WorldWired tour.

Virtually nothing is ignored, as the video covers everything from the onstage antennas to the band's guitar pick arrangement.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 26 2017, 09:06 AM
GMC Founder
Cool video! Things certainly do get more complicated when you need ~5 wah-wahs because of the stage size!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 26 2017, 10:00 AM
GMC:er
That is the "Rig of the Moment" smile.gif AXE FX and a MATRIX power amp. If one can't be happy with that, I don't think one can be happy at all. I'd love one smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 23 2017, 12:19 AM) *
This video is very interesting!

The folks over at MetallicaTV have premiered a 19-minute video in which the band's guitar techs—Chad Zaemisch and Justin Crew—walk viewers through James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett's guitar rigs for the WorldWired tour.

Virtually nothing is ignored, as the video covers everything from the onstage antennas to the band's guitar pick arrangement.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 26 2017, 12:28 PM
I love seeing how these Rigs have evolved over time, especially as technology makes them change for the better!!!
Nothing like when I go Teching for people and end up in a sweaty corner of the Backstage Area with a small fold-up Table to hold everything and work on!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2017, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 26 2017, 05:06 AM) *
Cool video! Things certainly do get more complicated when you need ~5 wah-wahs because of the stage size!

hahaha I remember tripping on Kirk's wah wahs when sharing stage with them! The pedals were at very unexpected places. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2017, 07:26 AM
That's a cool memory to have smile.gif Tripping over Kirks wah!!! I also gotta say that I really dig Kirks design/graphics on his guitars. Now that he is finally beyond just "Triple Black it and pack it". He has some killer designs. The OUIJA for example, and now the DEMONOLOGY guitar (decorated with ancient symbols of summoning/magick/alchemy) and the one in this vid with the gals painted for the day of the dead smile.gif
Attached Image
Attached Image

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 26 2017, 10:12 AM) *
hahaha I remember tripping on Kirk's wah wahs when sharing stage with them! The pedals were at very unexpected places. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 27 2017, 02:35 PM
Instructor
I like that black one!

I also like James guitars. His black and white ESP les paul type guitars are awesome!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 27 2017, 03:14 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Sep 27 2017, 06:36 PM
Experienced Rock Star
That's a 2 million dollar Les Paul that Kirk is carrying around on tour and playing on stage.

http://www.guitarworld.com/kirk-hammett-ta...it-action/25904

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2017, 02:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Sep 27 2017, 02:36 PM) *
That's a 2 million dollar Les Paul that Kirk is carrying around on tour and playing on stage.

http://www.guitarworld.com/kirk-hammett-ta...it-action/25904

ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2017, 05:36 AM
A good example of a guitar whose price has just gone NUTS. It's so pricey because you are buying the legend of the guys whose hands have been on it. In this case, some very cool hands smile.gif So it raises the price quite a bit. Like buying a Porsche driven by James Dean. It's not just a Porsche anymore, at that point it's a piece of history.

So playing this piece of history runs you about 2 Million. Does this mean that the instrument is vastly different from others of the same era?

NO IT DOES NOT.

It's got a pole reverse pickup, which is a cool novelty. But its still the same wood and as others built by the same vendor at the same time. Those go for a pretty penny too, just not this pretty a penny smile.gif

A good example of how prices of things can inflate to lunacy and be kept there by rich people willing to pay anything.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 28 2017, 09:31 AM) *
ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 29 2017, 07:32 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 26 2017, 04:12 PM) *

You should have hidden them - just like Bob Rock used to do laugh.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 29 2017, 06:36 AM) *
So playing this piece of history runs you about 2 Million. Does this mean that the instrument is vastly different from others of the same era?

NO IT DOES NOT.

It's got a pole reverse pickup, which is a cool novelty. But its still the same wood and as others built by the same vendor at the same time. Those go for a pretty penny too, just not this pretty a penny smile.gif

A good example of how prices of things can inflate to lunacy and be kept there by rich people willing to pay anything.

Specs-wise you are correct. But the interesting question is: - how much are you ready to pay to get that feeling. The "feeling" as nothing to do with the actual guitar - but it has everything to do with you playing that guitar.

Personally, I have found that I get a 'feeling' for a guitar the more I modify it to my needs. This is great because it's cheap and loads of fun!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 1 2017, 04:20 AM
My willingness to pay has certain limits dictated by my desire to keep my car/rent payments going in on time and such smile.gif So how much I'm ready to pay for the "feeling" has strict limits. I recently was able to finally get that "FEELING" when I bought my first IBBY PRESTIGE. Been waiting my entire life to buy one of these and it's taken me that long to save up enough money. I finally did it and it was worth every penny smile.gif It's a rare and wonderful thing when the feeling hits you just right and you know that you are finally connecting with an instrument that was just destined to find you as you were destined to find it. It's worth the wait, the trouble and the expense imho smile.gif Still, I was able to get the feeling for under $800 which was the steal of the century on a Drop Dead Mint 3570z!!

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 29 2017, 02:32 AM) *
You should have hidden them - just like Bob Rock used to do laugh.gif

Specs-wise you are correct. But the interesting question is: - how much are you ready to pay to get that feeling. The "feeling" as nothing to do with the actual guitar - but it has everything to do with you playing that guitar.

Personally, I have found that I get a 'feeling' for a guitar the more I modify it to my needs. This is great because it's cheap and loads of fun!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 1 2017, 04:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Interesting video Gab. Thanks for posting.
On a similar theme, this video is interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06FPJniL0D8

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2017, 10:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 1 2017, 12:49 PM) *
Interesting video Gab. Thanks for posting.
On a similar theme, this video is interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06FPJniL0D8

Cool! These guys are great. Thanks Phil.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 1 2017, 10:24 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:00 PM