18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >  
Get A Personal Gmc Learning Plan, This will speed up progress and give you structure
liveOASISforever
Jul 8 2014, 07:03 PM
GMC:er
Hi Cosmin

A little update for you smile.gif

I have really being experimenting with my pick angle and trying to find the most comfortable position. I feel that I am continuously making small adjustments when I am trying to practice which is putting me off. When I place the pick in my hand I am thinking about how it rather than it being second nature.

I understand that experimenting will take some time for me to find the way I want to pick.

One thing is for sure though. Changing the angle of the pick has dealt with the tension in the back of my forearm smile.gif

I am trying to pick with the smallest amount of movement and really trying to focus on being completely relaxed.I can certainly see improvements and just need to continue and gradually pick up speed.

I have a question Cosmin. What BPM would you consider being fairly fast to play 16th notes at. I know this question may differ as to who I ask considering there speed ability but is there a general answer to this question

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2014, 06:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jul 8 2014, 06:03 PM) *
Hi Cosmin

A little update for you smile.gif

I have really being experimenting with my pick angle and trying to find the most comfortable position. I feel that I am continuously making small adjustments when I am trying to practice which is putting me off. When I place the pick in my hand I am thinking about how it rather than it being second nature.

I understand that experimenting will take some time for me to find the way I want to pick.

One thing is for sure though. Changing the angle of the pick has dealt with the tension in the back of my forearm smile.gif

I am trying to pick with the smallest amount of movement and really trying to focus on being completely relaxed.I can certainly see improvements and just need to continue and gradually pick up speed.

I have a question Cosmin. What BPM would you consider being fairly fast to play 16th notes at. I know this question may differ as to who I ask considering there speed ability but is there a general answer to this question

Hey mate! I am glad to hear you are consciously finding yourself on the right path smile.gif Changes take time. That's for certain and you gave yourself the answer already. Fairly fast, can be 120-140, but hey man smile.gif to someone that has just picked up the guitar, fairly fast can be 60 BPM - you get what I am saying. Fairly fast is something different for everyone, in respect to their level at a certain point in life.

How's the lesson coming up? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 9 2014, 06:49 PM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jul 10 2014, 06:49 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2014, 06:48 PM) *
Hey mate! I am glad to hear you are consciously finding yourself on the right path smile.gif Changes take time. That's for certain and you gave yourself the answer already. Fairly fast, can be 120-140, but hey man smile.gif to someone that has just picked up the guitar, fairly fast can be 60 BPM - you get what I am saying. Fairly fast is something different for everyone, in respect to their level at a certain point in life.

How's the lesson coming up? smile.gif

I am working a lot on I got rhythm guitar 2 palm muting. The reason I asked about what BPM is considered fast for sixteenth notes is I struggle with sixteenth notes at 100BPM. I really am trying to concentrate on minimising the movement as much as possible and slowing it down and gradually raising it but a feel as if I am not really making any improvements. I don't feel like I am a million miles away from it. Possibly I simply just need to spend a lot more time on it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2014, 07:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jul 10 2014, 05:49 AM) *
I am working a lot on I got rhythm guitar 2 palm muting. The reason I asked about what BPM is considered fast for sixteenth notes is I struggle with sixteenth notes at 100BPM. I really am trying to concentrate on minimising the movement as much as possible and slowing it down and gradually raising it but a feel as if I am not really making any improvements. I don't feel like I am a million miles away from it. Possibly I simply just need to spend a lot more time on it smile.gif

Most likely so smile.gif Especially now that you managed to solve the tension issue and the picking angle, but as you said, maybe you need more time. Please be conscious of the fact that each person's rhythm is different. Of course, experience can increase this rhythm and the more you practice and the more you become better at something, the faster you will be at understanding, learning, internalizing and applying in a given or created context.

If you have the time, shoot a movie at the speed at which you are most comfortable and then one at 100 BPM and we'll analyze the differences, deal?

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jul 11 2014, 06:35 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2014, 07:53 AM) *
Most likely so smile.gif Especially now that you managed to solve the tension issue and the picking angle, but as you said, maybe you need more time. Please be conscious of the fact that each person's rhythm is different. Of course, experience can increase this rhythm and the more you practice and the more you become better at something, the faster you will be at understanding, learning, internalizing and applying in a given or created context.

If you have the time, shoot a movie at the speed at which you are most comfortable and then one at 100 BPM and we'll analyze the differences, deal?

Yeah Cosmin sure a will get a video up for you tonight.

I have being thinking about it and I think my biggest problem is stamina and possibly my left hand when the 16th note has different fingerings I tense up my fingers and press on the strings too hard.I will get a video up tonight for you it would be great to get your opinion on it mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2014, 07:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jul 11 2014, 05:35 AM) *
Yeah Cosmin sure a will get a video up for you tonight.

I have being thinking about it and I think my biggest problem is stamina and possibly my left hand when the 16th note has different fingerings I tense up my fingers and press on the strings too hard.I will get a video up tonight for you it would be great to get your opinion on it mate smile.gif

Usually, the body tends to tense when it feels it needs 'more' of something which requires effort. The main idea is to achieve that 'more' without tensing, but as a result of muscle memory. It's like running - you can't run when you have barely learned how to walk - you need some time to allow your body to learn the movements and be natural with them and you need to take things step by step - first a mild stride and then faster and faster. It's the same with playing - slow down, if you feel like you are tensing and become comfortable and natural at a lower speed first wink.gif I am looking forward to seeing that video.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jul 12 2014, 08:11 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 11 2014, 07:14 AM) *
Usually, the body tends to tense when it feels it needs 'more' of something which requires effort. The main idea is to achieve that 'more' without tensing, but as a result of muscle memory. It's like running - you can't run when you have barely learned how to walk - you need some time to allow your body to learn the movements and be natural with them and you need to take things step by step - first a mild stride and then faster and faster. It's the same with playing - slow down, if you feel like you are tensing and become comfortable and natural at a lower speed first wink.gif I am looking forward to seeing that video.

Very good advice Cosmin smile.gif

Sorry for not getting the video up last night like a said a would I ended up having to go out and did not have the time to make it.

Watching the video back I still think I need to make the picking movement smaller.I really like watching videos back of myself practicing something because it lets me see things that I don't actually know I am doing. See in the video when I play the three finger 16th note pattern my pinky always wants to naturally come a great distance away from the fretboard.I can't seem to make it stop doing that for some reason

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2014, 10:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jul 12 2014, 07:11 PM) *
Very good advice Cosmin smile.gif

Sorry for not getting the video up last night like a said a would I ended up having to go out and did not have the time to make it.

Watching the video back I still think I need to make the picking movement smaller.I really like watching videos back of myself practicing something because it lets me see things that I don't actually know I am doing. See in the video when I play the three finger 16th note pattern my pinky always wants to naturally come a great distance away from the fretboard.I can't seem to make it stop doing that for some reason

Hey mate smile.gif Thanks for taking the time to put up this video wink.gif It's indeed a great way to monitor oneself and understand his/her evolution. I see the recording as a mirror - you look in it and see what it is you want to change, just like with your image, right?

I will keep saying this - you realized what it is you have to do, but it will take time and constant practice. Slow down if you feel like you don't have control and then focus on these two things:

- reducing the fretboard movement - finger distance against the fretboard smile.gif The less you move, the faster you will be able to play. At a slow speed it's pretty easy to control it, in comparison to the speed at which you are at right now.
- reducing speed in order to gain perfect hand synch. See, at the current speed, your hands are not always in synch, so you need to go down to the speed level at which you can play in perfect synch, relaxed and with as little movement as possible.

It's a lengthy process, but hey - remember smile.gif It's the journey, not the destination that matters, deal?

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jul 13 2014, 03:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Cosmin,

Happy birthday!

I practiced with the metronome as you suggested. After a few days of practicing the triplets I made a new take today. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8aegSeBTaA

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2014, 04:02 PM) *
Howdy Jeroen! smile.gif I think it's all very nice, with the sole exception of the triplet part, which still needs your focus. It is ALMOST there - just a bit off balance. You can try the following exercise in order to make things happen:

- set a metronome track to a tempo similar to this track
- tap your foot to the quarter notes and count loud 1,2,3, 1, 2,3, 1,2,3, 1,2,3
- each '1' has to fall exactly on the quarter note, while the 2,3 have to be of equal length and cover the quarter note's length
- in lesser words, you have to stick 3 equal notes over each quarter note

If you manage to count like that, your ears will be acquainted to the sound of the triplets and thus, you will be far more able to gain the needed balance when playing that specific part smile.gif Please try it and let me know how it feels, ok?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2014, 07:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jul 13 2014, 02:26 PM) *
Hi Cosmin,

Happy birthday!

I practiced with the metronome as you suggested. After a few days of practicing the triplets I made a new take today. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8aegSeBTaA

Hey Jeroen! Thank you very much man!

The take has more intention to it and it's clear you have practiced, but still, you need to make the notes sound more even when playing triplets. Please keep practicing those and play more against the original recording - this will strengthen your feel for triplets, so that when you record things will feel more natural and keep counting as well. Triplets are not natural for our mind or body, so this is why you aren't yet ready to use them at will - time well spent practicing solves anything basically, so that's what I think smile.gif You have all the necessary tools for approaching this, so just put in some more time and let me know how it feels.

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 14 2014, 07:28 AM

+Quote Post
Duby
Jul 14 2014, 10:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2013, 10:54 AM) *
At times, most people encounter these types of problems when learning to play guitar:

- You are a beginner and you don't know where to start
- You are stuck with a certain area of your playing
- You don't use your practice time as efficiently as possible
- You feel lost because you have started practicing too many things at once and you are nowhere near your desired goal...

We want to help you get on the right track as soon as possible - and for this reason I am offering you a unique opportunity to set up a personalized lesson plan.

Please just answer the questions below, either in this topic or via private message. I will then set you up with a practice regimen consisting of GMC materials, that can cover a week of practice towards your desired goal.

* How long have you been playing the guitar?
* What do you feel your current level is?
* What sort of theoretical knowledge do you have so far?
* How much time/day can you spend practicing?
* What are your favorite techniques?
* What would you like to improve?
* What is your current experience as a player (band, studio, home)?
* What gear do you own?
* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing

If you can provide audio/ video materials of your playing, it would be very helpful.
If not, we can work things out either way smile.gif

I will try to get back to you as soon as possible, hopefully today already - depending on the amount of applications.

I am looking forward to helping you getting on the right track!

Cosmin

Hello friends!.
I just subscribe to this wonderful web page. I think I was lucky to find it.

My biggest problem is that I am Spanish and I do not speak English. I use a translator and that makes me communication.

Well, taking advantage of the opportunity offered by Cosmin friend. I put my answers:

*How long have you been playing the guitar?
I play guitar since I was 15 years dad. Always played classical guitar, just one year ago I started with electric guitar. Now I have 35 years of age.
Practical short time because I feel limited, stuck, did not advance.
I know how to improvise, to know why I play what I play, improve my technique, improve my speed, I enjoy the guitar.

I think beginner. I identify the level 3 of the videos.

Approximately 1 hour daily

Rock riffing, bending, vibrato, legato, alternate picking.

Rock riff playing and Blues, legato, alternate picking, bending and vibrato. And to improve my ability to improvisation, both for solos and for singing.
I play at home with backingtracks and a rock 80.
Play more at home for fun and enjoy playing at home more.

* What gear do you own?
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Joe Bonamasa. Pdal effects Boss ME-70

* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing.
Gary More, Slash, Angus Young, BB King.

If you can provide audio/ video materials of your playing, it would be very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnJQgVcB82w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsWY_3CkMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEHfgZtKWIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Fi-uX4bMI

Thanks for your help mate.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jul 15 2014, 07:17 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 13 2014, 10:57 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif Thanks for taking the time to put up this video wink.gif It's indeed a great way to monitor oneself and understand his/her evolution. I see the recording as a mirror - you look in it and see what it is you want to change, just like with your image, right?

I will keep saying this - you realized what it is you have to do, but it will take time and constant practice. Slow down if you feel like you don't have control and then focus on these two things:

- reducing the fretboard movement - finger distance against the fretboard smile.gif The less you move, the faster you will be able to play. At a slow speed it's pretty easy to control it, in comparison to the speed at which you are at right now.
- reducing speed in order to gain perfect hand synch. See, at the current speed, your hands are not always in synch, so you need to go down to the speed level at which you can play in perfect synch, relaxed and with as little movement as possible.

It's a lengthy process, but hey - remember smile.gif It's the journey, not the destination that matters, deal?

Thanks for the feedback Cosmin smile.gif

Yeah you have a deal mate. As I said previously that changing pick position has released tension in my arm I have being thinking about it a lot. When I had tension in my arm I would play through it and it would get worse and I never really seen much progress as picking was concerned.It frustrated me but I realised how possibly could I improve something when I could not stay relaxed and focused.

With the new picking angle I really am focusing on small movements and keeping relaxed and building speed. I can honestly see a massive improvement already and it just feels really good. Of course it will take a lot of time to really gell everything together.

Before I joined your mentoring program I knew I had bad habits and technique and thats why I wasn't really getting anywhere with guitar. Joining the mentoring program and you helping me sort out these problems is exactly what I need. I feel that I am slow at uploading any REC takes but I believe the most important thing right now is to work on all small problems I have and in the near future REC takes won't feel so difficult smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2014, 08:30 AM
Instructor
Hey there amigo!

Thank you for choosing me smile.gif I took some time to listen to your recordings and your playing is very nice!

You have good timing, good articulation skills - bending and vibrato and you have a pretty good grasp on rhythm, which will help you out a lot on this journey smile.gif I think that for the time being, you should focus on accuracy and building more groove, alongside with more challenging things from a technical perspective, which will push your playing to new heights smile.gif

Based on your answers, I suggest we start working on a lesson/ week. An hour a day should be enough to begin with and if things work out nicely, maybe in time we will speed up the rhythm a little bit. But let's start with less, in order to achieve more. I say - let's tackle a rhythm lesson one week and a lead lesson in the next one. If you wish you can record them at the end of the week and based on what we discover in the recordings we will know what direction your evolution dictates. Here's what I have in mind for the following 7 days:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/ - you mentioned legato and alternate picking, which are two of the most important lead techniques out there smile.gif

Here's how I'd approach this lesson:

- know what and why you are playing - understand the theoretical concepts
- learning the lesson structure - things will flow naturally once you know what's next when playing any piece, so take some time to remember the parts
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome - you will learn the lesson and become accustomed with the timing and feel of everything, so do take some time to become acquainted with the details in the slow videos. If you follow those, you won't even need tabs and frankly I recommend this approach as it will train your ears all the time!
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track - respecting timing and phrasing will provide essential advantages when you will face the details of any piece!
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Day 1-5:

Apply the steps above for the lessons until you are comfortable with playing them. 1 hour a day will be at the edge for this lesson, so please let me know how it feels along the way smile.gif

Day 6-7 - Revision (you practice the lesson, assuming you that you already know the structure and you can play it) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details! Recording is not mandatory, but as I mentioned above, it can help a lot smile.gif

What do you think man? Please let me know if you have any questions, ok?

Cosmin

QUOTE (Duby @ Jul 14 2014, 09:20 AM) *
Hello friends!.
I just subscribe to this wonderful web page. I think I was lucky to find it.

My biggest problem is that I am Spanish and I do not speak English. I use a translator and that makes me communication.

Well, taking advantage of the opportunity offered by Cosmin friend. I put my answers:

*How long have you been playing the guitar?
I play guitar since I was 15 years dad. Always played classical guitar, just one year ago I started with electric guitar. Now I have 35 years of age.
Practical short time because I feel limited, stuck, did not advance.
I know how to improvise, to know why I play what I play, improve my technique, improve my speed, I enjoy the guitar.

I think beginner. I identify the level 3 of the videos.

Approximately 1 hour daily

Rock riffing, bending, vibrato, legato, alternate picking.

Rock riff playing and Blues, legato, alternate picking, bending and vibrato. And to improve my ability to improvisation, both for solos and for singing.
I play at home with backingtracks and a rock 80.
Play more at home for fun and enjoy playing at home more.

* What gear do you own?
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Joe Bonamasa. Pdal effects Boss ME-70

* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing.
Gary More, Slash, Angus Young, BB King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnJQgVcB82w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsWY_3CkMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEHfgZtKWIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Fi-uX4bMI

Thanks for your help mate.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2014, 09:10 AM
Instructor
Thank you for your kind thoughts, man smile.gif I am glad it's working nicely and that you are feeling progress. The passing of time, is something that is perceived differently by everyone and sometimes, we have the tendency to compare ourselves with others around us. Actually most of the time, we do that. You are in a competition with one person only - that is... You biggrin.gif

The more you dominate your impatience to get THERE (wherever that is and whenever your mind tells you you should be there, or that you should've been there already) the more happy you will be. Strive to be better than you were yesterday and everything will fall into place smile.gif I must ask... do we have another deal? biggrin.gif Place a REC take whenever you wish, as it will only bring more insight, which is crucial for a healthy development smile.gif

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jul 15 2014, 06:17 AM) *
Thanks for the feedback Cosmin smile.gif

Yeah you have a deal mate. As I said previously that changing pick position has released tension in my arm I have being thinking about it a lot. When I had tension in my arm I would play through it and it would get worse and I never really seen much progress as picking was concerned.It frustrated me but I realised how possibly could I improve something when I could not stay relaxed and focused.

With the new picking angle I really am focusing on small movements and keeping relaxed and building speed. I can honestly see a massive improvement already and it just feels really good. Of course it will take a lot of time to really gell everything together.

Before I joined your mentoring program I knew I had bad habits and technique and thats why I wasn't really getting anywhere with guitar. Joining the mentoring program and you helping me sort out these problems is exactly what I need. I feel that I am slow at uploading any REC takes but I believe the most important thing right now is to work on all small problems I have and in the near future REC takes won't feel so difficult smile.gif

+Quote Post
Duby
Jul 15 2014, 11:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 15 2014, 07:30 AM) *
Hey there amigo!

Thank you for choosing me smile.gif I took some time to listen to your recordings and your playing is very nice!

You have good timing, good articulation skills - bending and vibrato and you have a pretty good grasp on rhythm, which will help you out a lot on this journey smile.gif I think that for the time being, you should focus on accuracy and building more groove, alongside with more challenging things from a technical perspective, which will push your playing to new heights smile.gif

Based on your answers, I suggest we start working on a lesson/ week. An hour a day should be enough to begin with and if things work out nicely, maybe in time we will speed up the rhythm a little bit. But let's start with less, in order to achieve more. I say - let's tackle a rhythm lesson one week and a lead lesson in the next one. If you wish you can record them at the end of the week and based on what we discover in the recordings we will know what direction your evolution dictates. Here's what I have in mind for the following 7 days:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/ - you mentioned legato and alternate picking, which are two of the most important lead techniques out there smile.gif

Here's how I'd approach this lesson:

- know what and why you are playing - understand the theoretical concepts
- learning the lesson structure - things will flow naturally once you know what's next when playing any piece, so take some time to remember the parts
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome - you will learn the lesson and become accustomed with the timing and feel of everything, so do take some time to become acquainted with the details in the slow videos. If you follow those, you won't even need tabs and frankly I recommend this approach as it will train your ears all the time!
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track - respecting timing and phrasing will provide essential advantages when you will face the details of any piece!
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Day 1-5:

Apply the steps above for the lessons until you are comfortable with playing them. 1 hour a day will be at the edge for this lesson, so please let me know how it feels along the way smile.gif

Day 6-7 - Revision (you practice the lesson, assuming you that you already know the structure and you can play it) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details! Recording is not mandatory, but as I mentioned above, it can help a lot smile.gif

What do you think man? Please let me know if you have any questions, ok?

Cosmin

Thank you for your help, really.

It's a pity I can not understand what you say, because the translator is not accurate.

Know if there is a bilingual teacher (spanish) who can translate well what I say?. Please. I am very interested in your recommendations.

For now I will practice the video you recommend me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2014, 12:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Duby @ Jul 15 2014, 10:29 AM) *
Thank you for your help, really.

It's a pity I can not understand what you say, because the translator is not accurate.

Know if there is a bilingual teacher (spanish) who can translate well what I say?. Please. I am very interested in your recommendations.

For now I will practice the video you recommend me. smile.gif

Hey mate, I will ask our comrade Gabriel Leopardi if he can help with the translation, as he is a Spanish speaker.

+Quote Post
Duby
Jul 15 2014, 08:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 15 2014, 11:23 AM) *
Hey mate, I will ask our comrade Gabriel Leopardi if he can help with the translation, as he is a Spanish speaker.

Cosmin thank you very much.
I hope to partner Gabriel Leopardi.
A greeting.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jul 16 2014, 07:02 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 15 2014, 09:10 AM) *
Thank you for your kind thoughts, man smile.gif I am glad it's working nicely and that you are feeling progress. The passing of time, is something that is perceived differently by everyone and sometimes, we have the tendency to compare ourselves with others around us. Actually most of the time, we do that. You are in a competition with one person only - that is... You biggrin.gif

The more you dominate your impatience to get THERE (wherever that is and whenever your mind tells you you should be there, or that you should've been there already) the more happy you will be. Strive to be better than you were yesterday and everything will fall into place smile.gif I must ask... do we have another deal? biggrin.gif Place a REC take whenever you wish, as it will only bring more insight, which is crucial for a healthy development smile.gif

I really like your way of thinking Cosmin smile.gif You really do put a positive and different perspective into things.

That is so true about comparing ourselves to others.Why do you think that it is in the human nature to do this. Do you think this can be a good thing as well. I personally can see a positive and a negative to comparing ourselves to others but the negative will most likely have a greater effect.

Thanks again mate and yes you have another deal smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2014, 08:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jul 16 2014, 06:02 AM) *
I really like your way of thinking Cosmin smile.gif You really do put a positive and different perspective into things.

That is so true about comparing ourselves to others.Why do you think that it is in the human nature to do this. Do you think this can be a good thing as well. I personally can see a positive and a negative to comparing ourselves to others but the negative will most likely have a greater effect.

Thanks again mate and yes you have another deal smile.gif

Hehe! Glad to hear that wink.gif Matey, it can be a positive thing, as long as there's balance - the thinking should be: 'Hey, I like what that guy did! I want to learn that thing too, but I will do it as myself and I won't be frustrated over the fact that it might take me some time to master it. I guess I'll just enjoy the journey and make the best out of it!'

That's a healthy way of looking at things and if you educate your mind to naturally think like that, you will live a wonderful and fulfilling life!

+Quote Post
Chrism
Jul 29 2014, 10:15 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2013, 10:54 AM) *
At times, most people encounter these types of problems when learning to play guitar:

- You are a beginner and you don't know where to start
- You are stuck with a certain area of your playing
- You don't use your practice time as efficiently as possible
- You feel lost because you have started practicing too many things at once and you are nowhere near your desired goal...

We want to help you get on the right track as soon as possible - and for this reason I am offering you a unique opportunity to set up a personalized lesson plan.

Please just answer the questions below, either in this topic or via private message. I will then set you up with a practice regimen consisting of GMC materials, that can cover a week of practice towards your desired goal.

* How long have you been playing the guitar?
* What sort of theoretical knowledge do you have so far?
* What is your current experience as a player (band, studio, home)?
* What gear do you own?
* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing

I will try to get back to you as soon as possible, hopefully today already - depending on the amount of applications.

I am looking forward to helping you getting on the right track!

Cosmin

Hello Cosmin. Good day.
-I had been playing almost 30yrs on and off and only strumming with a songbook.
-John Petrucci, Yngwie malmsteen, James Hetfieid.
-To improvise Metal and neoclassical style.
-How the chords are constructed, the concept of circle of 4ths or 5ths, diatonic group of chords, Major scale thru the whole guitar neck and
its relative minor and harmonic minor.
-I can improvise melodically and have a bit of musical ear weak points are the technical side.
-I have 3hrs a day practice time.
-I had just acquired 5 days ago a not so expensive Taiwan electric guitar, metal zone mt-2, mxr phasor and digital delay and still familiarizing with it.
-the last 5 yrs I collected some DVDs guitar books and it helped me just a little maybe I'm without guidance that's why. And thank you for that. I attached an audio of me improvising. The quality is poor but you can know what my level is now.
I will video record myself playing on the exercises next time.
Thank you.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  gary_moore_jamtrack.mp3 ( 2.54MB ) Number of downloads: 43
Attached File  blue_bossa.mp3 ( 3.68MB ) Number of downloads: 43

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:53 PM