Coversong Competition - Uploads Only!
audiopaal
Jun 8 2008, 01:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Add your entries here!
(A Youtube link!)

You have until the 8th of July to submit your coversong.

All non-entry posts should be written in the comments thread, not here..

Prizes: GMC T-shirts a Line6 Pocket Pod and a special Instructor prize . Read more here.

Please read the rules before posting.
All entries should be posted on YOUTUBE, because of copyright issues!
Everyone should reupload their songs to Youtube as it is written in the competition text.

I'm sorry, but this is how it is need to be done!

All entries which are not reuploaded to youtube, will unfortunately be disqualified!!!
I really don't want anyone to be disqualified, as there are so many awesome entries here smile.gif
So please reupload them as soon as possible smile.gif

I'll postpone the deadline to the end of this week, so have them up on youtube by sunday and you're still in the competition! (13.07.2008)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jul 7 2008, 09:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Oxac
Jun 9 2008, 06:35 PM
GMC:er
I hate when this happens. I use a lot of my time and then at a certain point and I'm not able to go 100% because I don't have the time. Well well. Here's my attempt, sorry for not being able to master it 100 % or master the song or anything. Sorry for not being able to finish the lyrics and therefore not including them at all.

oh also also. It's in 5/4 wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Oxac___Enter_sandman_5.4.mp3 ( 3.39MB ) Number of downloads: 395

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jul 5 2008, 05:35 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Since there's only ONE upload, and deadline is really close !! I've decided to record something, just a little sample, I wanted to record the entire song, but I haven't got time ! I recorded this one in about 30-45 min, ( and it took like 10 minutes to figure out how to export as mp3 !! lol, I was putting the cursor on reverse !!)
Anyway, you'll hear some singing in the end ... so please !! DON'T LAUGH wink.gif
I've recorded one guitar, one bass, I've used Cubase and EZdrummer

Enjoy it smile.gif

Jad

Edit : Here's the link Sandman ; Big Big thanks to siggum for uploading them. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Zizi Top: Jul 10 2008, 09:41 PM

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jul 5 2008, 07:21 PM
So first thing's first, the execuses:

1)I only learned to play this today
2)The drummer tried being funny in this take in the begining tongue.gif because we did alot of takes to get this..
3)Sound quality is horrible, because of alot of acoustic things =p
4)Second guitarist's volume was too low so you can almost only hear me..
5)I'm having a bad guitar day... so I messed up quite a bit.
6)I really don't like the solo, just can't connect to it tongue.gif

Ok enough of execuses, heres what I think the good thing about this is, this is a live recording, 2 guitars and drums. that's preety much it biggrin.gif
so I hope you enjoy, it was fun recording this.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/150203854a614ba0/

This post has been edited by Iluha: Jul 10 2008, 04:20 AM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 5 2008, 09:00 PM
Cool, more people are adding to the competition biggrin.gif

Here is my humble attempt, im not really a metal head so twisted it a bit cool.gif

And here is the good quality audiofile

Enter Sandman Siggum

And the butchered version laugh.gif

YOUTUBE LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqEXTbxbXkc&fmt=18

This post has been edited by Siggum: Jul 13 2008, 03:54 PM

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Se7en
Jul 5 2008, 09:06 PM
hi guys, here's my entry.

sorry about the big file size, it was about 50mb wav before but i managed to convert in to an mp3.

this is one of my favourite songs and i've been playing it for years and have never actually go around to recording it, so this competition has spurred me on! i'm quite please with the final result, enjoy! biggrin.gif

Attached File  Enter_Sandman.mp3 ( 12.17MB ) Number of downloads: 394

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 6 2008, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Wow, some really nice takes guys, very nice smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 6 2008, 08:37 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Here's mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0hERPjNhec my video recorders playing up- so its not as great as it could have been sad.gif (wow the quality is so bad on youtube)

<Have a listen to this one too, quality is much better biggrin.gif, thnx! )
and also the non-youtuberised quality mp3: sandman.mp3 - 4.66MB (on external hosting site, so doesnt need to be removed from here)

Im glad i took part- there was plenty there to practise mixing- and although it didnt end up perfect im still chuffed to bits (especialy with my own patience with myself tongue.gif )

Anyhow- hope you like it- especially the solo, ive been practising that solo since day one as its just not my style..i found it realy tough.

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Jul 7 2008, 11:34 PM

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 6 2008, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Se7en @ Jul 5 2008, 08:06 PM) *
hi guys, here's my entry.

sorry about the big file size, it was about 50mb wav before but i managed to convert in to an mp3.

this is one of my favourite songs and i've been playing it for years and have never actually go around to recording it, so this competition has spurred me on! i'm quite please with the final result, enjoy! biggrin.gif

Attached File  Enter_Sandman.mp3 ( 12.17MB ) Number of downloads: 394

OMG!! Dude!!! I must say that is one hell of a cover! Very nicely done if I must say.

(Sorry people, I just had to say that)

This post has been edited by vintageplaya666: Jul 6 2008, 09:47 PM

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 7 2008, 09:31 AM

Please read the rules before posting.
All entries should be posted on YOUTUBE, because of copyright issues!
Everyone should reupload their songs to Youtube as it is written in the competition text.

I'm sorry, but this is how it is need to be done!

All entries which are not reuploaded to youtube, will unfortunately be disqualified!!!
I really don't want anyone to be disqualified, as there are so many awesome entries here smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 7 2008, 01:20 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 7 2008, 04:31 AM) *

And please remove them from here - we really don't want to run into copyright issues!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 7 2008, 01:24 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 7 2008, 02:20 PM) *
And please remove them from here - we really don't want to run into copyright issues!

Allright done, its a shame youtube audioquality totally butchers your work though dry.gif smile.gif

Edit : Found a way to upload stereofiles to youtube.

Edit x2 : nevermind doesnt work laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Siggum: Jul 7 2008, 05:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 7 2008, 07:14 PM
QUOTE (Zizi Top @ Jul 5 2008, 06:35 PM) *
Since there's only ONE upload, and deadline is really close !! I've decided to record something, just a little sample, I wanted to record the entire song, but I haven't got time ! I recorded this one in about 30-45 min, ( and it took like 10 minutes to figure out how to export as mp3 !! lol, I was putting the cursor on reverse !!)
Anyway, you'll hear some singing in the end ... so please !! DON'T LAUGH wink.gif
I've recorded one guitar, one bass, I've used Cubase and EZdrummer

Enjoy it smile.gif

Jad

Edit : I don't think that I'll have time to put it on youtube (I've never worked on youtube, and I don't have an account
if somebody could do it for me it would be really cool, if not it's ok ...
tchus rolleyes.gif

Send your mp3 to [email protected] and i will upload it for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 7 2008, 09:11 PM
New deadline, have the songs up on youtube by the end of the week and you're still in the competition smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 7 2008, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Then i might have time to upload a take

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 7 2008, 11:30 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I edited my post with my youtube video and also an mp3 from a audio hosting site.

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 7 2008, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jul 8 2008, 12:30 AM) *
I edited my post with my youtube video and also an mp3 from a audio hosting site.

Cool idea, il do the same because i hate youtube audioquality laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 7 2008, 11:48 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Siggum @ Jul 7 2008, 11:36 PM) *
Cool idea, il do the same because i hate youtube audioquality laugh.gif

Its true- youtube completly butchers all your hard work. I'm amazed at how much worse mine sounds on youtube ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 8 2008, 12:58 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Heh, well the original intention was for video, but since we got all audio entries, that's a cool workaround Jord!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jul 8 2008, 01:40 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
QUOTE (Siggum @ Jul 7 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Send your mp3 to [email protected] and i will upload it for you.

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:26 PM