2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Muris Varajic Thirds Exercise
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 02:53 AM
Lets go fishing!
Sorry about the sound quality, I just recorded this through my camera!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTNHzI68Ff8

All comments welcome! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 19 2007, 10:43 AM
Instructor
Quality is not that bad Matt,not bad at all. smile.gif

Well done overly!!!
Few small mistakes but nothing that huge,perhaps small lacking of concentration
cause it's really needed for this one,shifting between scales,boxes etc.

Thanks for efforts Matt,appreciate it!!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 10:57 AM
Lets go fishing!
Thankyou Muris!! I will keep this up while I practice new lessons. I think onto Speed Bursts next...!!! cool.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Nov 19 2007, 10:57 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 19 2007, 11:03 AM
Instructor
Great,looking forward to it Matt,keep up the good work tho!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 19 2007, 11:05 AM
Instructor
Good try Mattacuk! Was your guitar a bit out of tune? Sounds really strange, but overall video is just good enough for the review of your progress smile.gif Keep'em coming!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 11:09 AM
Lets go fishing!
Thanks Muris. Im really looking foward to Speedbursts because of the changes in rythm between sixteenth notes and sixteenth note - triplets! smile.gif

QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 19 2007, 10:05 AM) *
Good try Mattacuk! Was your guitar a bit out of tune? Sounds really strange, but overall video is just good enough for the review of your progress smile.gif Keep'em coming!

Thanks Mr Pavel, yes it was a bit out of tune. Im not getting on well with tuneing it to be honest! I think i may have over-tightened the lock-in nuts and the thread has gone on one of them sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 19 2007, 11:13 AM
Instructor
Btw. is that the axe you were waiting for so long?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 11:19 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 19 2007, 10:13 AM) *
Btw. is that the axe you were waiting for so long?

No, its similair but one down. I bought it used (but like new) from a local guitar shop. I paid £200 for it as i am pretty poor, but im really pleased with the quality for the money. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 19 2007, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Oh, so that's the deal. Ok, great, congrats! A Floyd guitar finally wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 11:28 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 19 2007, 10:25 AM) *
Oh, so that's the deal. Ok, great, congrats! A Floyd guitar finally wink.gif

Thankyou! It has a genuine Floyd from what i can make out. I would really like either a Pod or a Pandora next so i can get similair tones to you guys for when i record my work etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Nov 19 2007, 10:43 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
nice one mattacuk, youre finger settings are good (Y) keep it up

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 10:57 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thankyou Vision, I am going to work even harder than i do now! smile.gif

Also, the next time i record im going to record from my amp into my pc directly, and not through a camera mic!

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 19 2007, 11:05 PM
GMC:er
Good job matt smile.gif
I can see what Pavel was saying about your guitar being out of tune.It did sound like about 4 of the strings were off but you could tell you had put some work into this and just about got it down.Keep it up

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 11:10 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 19 2007, 10:05 PM) *
Good job matt smile.gif
I can see what Pavel was saying about your guitar being out of tune.It did sound like about 4 of the strings were off but you could tell you had put some work into this and just about got it down.Keep it up

Thanks Dan, I have managed to tune it tonight...sounds good!! I have lots to record actually! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Nov 20 2007, 05:24 PM
Nice job, man smile.gif although it's a bit out of tune, it sounds really good smile.gif

I was thinking of learning this lesson myself.

Keep up the good work smile.gif

CYA

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 29 2007, 04:14 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 19 2007, 10:05 AM) *

Hi m8, was just having a watch coz everyone saying about your guitar being out of tune, watching the vid tho you are pulling the string down with your first finger especially the E,A & D strings, little less pressure maybe, thought that may help also as the guitar was def out of tune, nice work tho smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Nov 29 2007, 04:16 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 29 2007, 04:15 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 29 2007, 03:14 PM) *
Hi m8, was just having a watch coz everyone saying about your guitar being out of tune, watching the vid tho you are pulling the string down with your first finger especially the E,A & D strings, little less pressure maybe, thought that may help smile.gif

Ok thanks for the tip. Since this video I have played many many more hours and its looking more slick. Will be doing plenty of new videos of various GMC exercises soon will re-post this one! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 30 2007, 02:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice work Matt and nice sweep at the end.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Dec 1 2007, 09:49 AM
AHHHHHHHH really loud noises! Hehe, I had my headphones on really high volume and theirs so much background noise in the video from the amp and mic. Your doing much better and I cant wait for you do record straight to your pc haha. Oh by the way, you might want to check your intonation if you havent already especially when you buy preowned guitars (no pun intended, or was there) Because I had some pretty nasty intonation problems with a similiar model but since upgraded to the 2550e.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 5 2007, 12:48 AM
Keep up the good work Matt!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:44 AM