2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Cant Believe It!
sted
Jun 25 2009, 03:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
So I was set for buying a nice custom guitar, the spec was based heavily around a strat body and neck. I wanted the maple neck with the same radius, frets and fret size of a strat, the neck pickup sound, the neck feel and modern profile and the playability. The woods used would have been an alder body but with a nice flamed maple cap in a dark burst. On top of this I asked for a bridge HB, tremolo (NOT a floyd), LSR roller nut, sperzel tuners, Bare knuckle pickups, a price for an ebony board and quite a varied switching system to get as many sounds as possible, the cost would have been around 2000 uk and a nine month build time.....................

THEN I FIND THIS ON THE FENDER WEBSITE!!!!

Attached Image

Model Name American Deluxe Stratocaster® FMT HSS
Series American Deluxe Series
Tobacco Sunburst,
(Urethane Finish)
Body Select Alder, with Flame Maple Top
Neck Maple, Modern “C” Shape,
(Satin Urethane Finish)
Fingerboard Ebony, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
Pickups 1 Fender® DH-1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge),
1 Hot Samarium Cobalt Noiseless™ Strat® Pickup (Middle),
1 Hot Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Strat Pickup (Neck)

Controls Master Volume (with S-1™ Switch),
Master No-Load Tone Control
Pickup Switching 5-Position Blade and 2-Position Push/Push S-1™:
S-1 Switch Up:
Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series (Lead Tone Control)
Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inside Coil of Bridge Humbucking Pickup in Parallel (Lead Tone Control)
Position 3. Middle Pickup (Lead Tone Control)
Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup in Parallel (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 5. Neck Pickup (Rhythm Tone Control

S-1 Switch Down:
Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series (Lead Tone Control)
Position 2. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series, in Parallel with Neck Pickup (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 3. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series, in Parallel with Neck and Middle Pickups that are Paired in Series (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 4. Inside Coil of Bridge Pickup Paired in Series with Neck Pickup, in Parallel with Middle Pickup (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 5. Middle Pickup in Series with Neck Pickup (Rhythm Tone Control)
Bridge Fender Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Pop in Arm
Machine Heads Fender® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines
Hardware Chrome
Pickguard None
Scale Length 25.5” (648 mm)
Width at Nut 1.6875” (43 mm)
Unique Features S-1 Switching,
Ebony Fingerboard,
LSR Roller Nut,
Abalone Dot Position Inlays,
Highly Detailed Fret Work,
Black Anodized Mini-Barrel Knobs,
Black Plastic Parts
Strings Fender® Super Bullets® 3250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-3250-003
Accessories Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case,
Cable,
Strap,
Straplocks
Case Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case

I CANT BELEIVE MY EYES!!

Has anyone any experience with these things? I can get it for a thousand pounds less than the custom?!? I know a custom will be better quality but for a thousand pounds I can probably get a Mesa amp too!

huh.gif What's a guy to do????

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 25 2009, 03:44 PM
GMC:er
If it is still an upgrade / dream guitar compared to your current gear, I'd say go for it. It sounds, from your post, like it MUST be exciting and tempting or else you wouldn't be posting for encouragement and feedback on the purchase smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 25 2009, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Someone's having GAS, huh? wink.gif

I'd say buy them both!

No, seriously, I'll just agree with Jafomatic smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 25 2009, 03:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I would definitely go with the Strat. There just is nothing like a nice American strat!!! The difference between my American standard, and the Mexi-strat I had was unbelievable when you played them side by side!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 25 2009, 04:15 PM
I've played one of those Deluxe ones and have to say I liked it!!! Although it had upgraded pickups!!
(In fact, I liked it so much I have thought about buying one myself!!!)
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I can't remember what he'd put in but I'll find out over the weekend for you!!!!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Jun 25 2009, 04:16 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 25 2009, 06:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
Why invest into a custom guitar when the guitar of your dreams is available in stock!
Drop some Bareknuckles in it and you're good to go - and don't buy a mesa amp outside the states, it's just not worth the money you'll have to pay in Europe: Why get a rectifier when you can get a boutique Diezel or Bogner for the same prize?

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 25 2009, 07:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
At least it looks Killer....

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jun 25 2009, 07:23 PM
I have a 2008 American Deluxe, and you will love this guitar. The neck is incredibly smooth, the quality is perfect. Even my guitar teacher kept saying, wow that is a really nice guitar, and then he went out and bought one!

I wish I had seen that flamed maple, that is just so beautiful, you don't see Strats like that. Have we convinced you yet? smile.gif

Kris also plays an American Deluxe, he says it's completely stock.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 25 2009, 07:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jun 25 2009, 03:44 PM) *
If it is still an upgrade / dream guitar compared to your current gear, I'd say go for it. It sounds, from your post, like it MUST be exciting and tempting or else you wouldn't be posting for encouragement and feedback on the purchase smile.gif

Well it was meant to replace my mexi strat so it is definitely up there, I'm just stunned that the specs are so similar, I've never even see this evolution of the strat before!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 25 2009, 03:45 PM) *
Someone's having GAS, huh? wink.gif

I'd say buy them both!

No, seriously, I'll just agree with Jafomatic smile.gif

Man, I wish they did tablets for gas for sure!

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 25 2009, 03:53 PM) *
I would definitely go with the Strat. There just is nothing like a nice American strat!!! The difference between my American standard, and the Mexi-strat I had was unbelievable when you played them side by side!

I love my Mexi to bits, so it will have to be something special.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 25 2009, 04:15 PM) *
I've played one of those Deluxe ones and have to say I liked it!!! Although it had upgraded pickups!!
(In fact, I liked it so much I have thought about buying one myself!!!)
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I can't remember what he'd put in but I'll find out over the weekend for you!!!!

Thanks pal! The HB tends to split opinion, but I'll try one out before jumping on that bandwagon, I beleive the single coil pickups are quite good in these and the deluxe but I prefer slightly hot vintage sounds, but at this price I could buy another five sets and still be in the black!

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 25 2009, 06:54 PM) *
Why invest into a custom guitar when the guitar of your dreams is available in stock!
Drop some Bareknuckles in it and you're good to go - and don't buy a mesa amp outside the states, it's just not worth the money you'll have to pay in Europe: Why get a rectifier when you can get a boutique Diezel or Bogner for the same prize?

You speak wise words Zakk! I probably wont buy any amp just yet, but I've got my eye on some BK piledrivers for my tele to give it a bit more punch. As you are a bit of a BK fan, what pups for a HSS axe would you say give the best vintage sounds? The mothers milk set with a mule HB?

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 25 2009, 09:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (jdriver @ Jun 25 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Kris also plays an American Deluxe, he says it's completely stock.

Except for his scalloped fretboard!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 25 2009, 10:12 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'd get the strat!, it has the specs you need, plays awesome and you save a good chunk of money for that amp... all pros, no cons!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
FilipofCroatia
Jun 26 2009, 12:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
I have an american deluxe strat and i could happily recommend it.

That humbucker looks mean as well - that combined with a mesa would be something to grow old with i think

Have you decided? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 26 2009, 04:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wow ! That guitar is beautiful ! The body looks almost identical to an Ibanez SA... I guess I can only comment the visual aspect of the guitar, but I like it ! tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jun 26 2009, 06:41 AM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 25 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Except for his scalloped fretboard!

Oops! I forgot that!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 26 2009, 08:09 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Wow, nice Fender biggrin.gif
I'd buy that one and the Mesa amp if I were you smile.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 26 2009, 09:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
If this guitar comes close to your custom idea, i would buy it and play it for a few months. Maybe others can evaluate guitars quicker then me, but i need some weeks/months to get used to a guitar to decide if i really like it or not .. laugh.gif
You can still go the custom way later, if you want to get something unique and personal.

This is a beautiful guitar btw ... would love to test this one out as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 26 2009, 10:08 AM
Instructor
Nice looking Strat - Tobacco sunburst is beautiful.
Another guitar to try out biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 26 2009, 11:57 AM
QUOTE (sted @ Jun 25 2009, 07:27 PM) *
Thanks pal! The HB tends to split opinion, but I'll try one out before jumping on that bandwagon, I beleive the single coil pickups are quite good in these and the deluxe but I prefer slightly hot vintage sounds, but at this price I could buy another five sets and still be in the black!

The single coils were STEALTHTONES and the Humbucker was a ROCKMONKEY WARM HERITAGE!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 26 2009, 12:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 26 2009, 11:57 AM) *
The single coils were STEALTHTONES and the Humbucker was a ROCKMONKEY WARM HERITAGE!!

Wow! Never heard of those babies! I'll give them a lookover, cheers mate, much appreciated! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 26 2009, 12:28 PM
QUOTE (sted @ Jun 26 2009, 12:03 PM) *
Wow! Never heard of those babies! I'll give them a lookover, cheers mate, much appreciated! biggrin.gif

No worries!! The Stealthtones are Australian and Rockmonkeys are handwound in Wales!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:44 AM