Roland Microcube Or Pocket Pod?
bricktop
Nov 21 2007, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
I'm looking for some sort of solution to being able to play upstairs instead of the basement. I've thought about both the Pocket Pod and the microcube. I don't have an amp right now, (well an acoustic amp/pa), because I'm waiting for the release of Line 6's Spider Jam amp. But I'd like to have something right now to tool around with. I have a toneport ux2 in the basement for my electric playing. I have a fender mini, just for novelty really, but it gets me by I suppose

And I haven't ruled out getting a vox valvetronix 30 watt or the roland cube 20x...there all right around the same price range

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bricktop: Nov 22 2007, 12:14 AM

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Soul_Decision
Nov 21 2007, 11:58 PM
Pocket Pod. The thing is awesome, you'll love it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2007, 12:43 AM
Instructor
If you have a toneport i think the better solution would be that valvetronic. It has a deacent sound to it. ROland is good but , hey - Vox smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 22 2007, 12:51 AM
Learning Roadie
I'd get a valvetronix. Those things are pretty awesome for the money. I prefer tubes myself now (have been converted) but I'd still like to look into getting one of the real small maybe 10' ones, they're fun to play with and would serve your purposes i think.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Molten
Nov 24 2007, 02:20 AM
The Pocket POD isn't bad for just practicing, although mine broke after about a week unsure.gif

If you want really good tone in a practice amp without a lot of frills check out the Vox Pathfinder.

--------------------
Gear

Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded (Burstbucker Pros), Early 1980's Yamaha FG-331 Acoustic, Ancient Classical Guitar
Amp Setup: Modded Epiphone Valve Junior into a homemade 1x12" cabinet (Jensen C12R)
Effects and Other: Boss SD-1, Line 6 Pocket POD, D'Addario Strings, Dunlop Jazz Picks, Korg and Boss Tuners, ProCo Cables, Line 6 TonePort GX
Buying: Full re-do of Valve Junior, Radial BigShot FX Loop, Eminence Red Coat Private Jack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:28 PM