Did It Ever Just Click?, Guitar practicing
thefireball
Mar 4 2011, 03:31 AM
Learning Roadie
I've been practicing sweeping off and on. Last time I practiced it was lame and sloppy. Tonight, I just tried it again and it just sorta clicked for me. I mean, I'm not the perfect sweeper, but my timing of the two hands is very close. My sweeping is much more fluid. I can also sweep faster.

Has this ever happened with you? Has something ever just "clicked?" smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 4 2011, 11:05 AM
Instructor
I had a similar experience with sweeping... I first encountered some basic Yngwie shapes in a guitar mag years ago.. and altho I wasn't perfect it didn't take me long to get the feel of it. I'm still not that great at sweeping but the learning side of it didn't take long smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 4 2011, 11:08 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
yep, I think a lot of techniques that you find difficult can suddenly just "click", I also had this with sweeping (although again by no means brilliant at it now), but I think its great, its showed that you`ve practiced hard at it and not given up, it sometimes just takes time for the fingers brain etc to all sync smile.gif

good job smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 4 2011, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I guess I felt that the day I finally made a pinch harmonic laugh.gif I had ben trying now and then to no avail, then one day all of a sudden there I was "pinching" them smile.gif I still have trouble getting them on the thick E string though wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 4 2011, 05:22 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, those moments are the best, man!!

Enjoy them, be proud of your accomplishment, no matter how small. They do wonders for your motivation smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 4 2011, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks everybody!

QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 4 2011, 09:34 AM) *
I guess I felt that the day I finally made a pinch harmonic laugh.gif I had ben trying now and then to no avail, then one day all of a sudden there I was "pinching" them smile.gif I still have trouble getting them on the thick E string though wink.gif

Yep, same here.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2011, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
Congrats smile.gif When this happens, it's one of the best parts about playing the instrument. smile.gif I have had times like that especially when I would first break through a certain speed barrier or something like that.

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 4 2011, 10:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 6 2011, 10:58 PM
Instructor
Congratulations mate! smile.gif This is a sure proof that you've been practicing. "Clicks" usually happen after couple of days off.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 6 2011, 11:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 6 2011, 03:58 PM) *
Congratulations mate! smile.gif This is a sure proof that you've been practicing. "Clicks" usually happen after couple of days off.

Cool! Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 6 2011, 11:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 6 2011, 11:36 PM) *
Cool! Thanks! smile.gif

still waiting for that alternate picking "click" ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 7 2011, 06:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, I sometimes alternate my alternate picking. biggrin.gif I break the pattern. :/

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 11 2011, 02:44 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yes - many times in the past. I think these "click" moments are what makes the practicing fun and worth it.
For something its days for something years but when it happens the feeling is great!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 11 2011, 03:03 AM
Learning Roadie
You said it, Bogdan! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 PM