Pains In Hand
JOhn
Sep 7 2007, 02:34 PM
GMC:er
At the back of my middle finger (sort of near knuckles) some times a get a slight pain but it isnt much not enough to stop me playing but im worried that it might be serious. i warm up before i play so i have no idea why this is happening, should i worry?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 7 2007, 03:19 PM
QUOTE (JOhn @ Sep 7 2007, 08:34 AM) *
At the back of my middle finger (sort of near knuckles) some times a get a slight pain but it isnt much not enough to stop me playing but im worried that it might be serious. i warm up before i play so i have no idea why this is happening, should i worry?

If, its just an ache. No worries, just kind of watch your practiceing, and dont get to serious. If its and actual pain, then stop playing. Not sure what to do if you have an actualy pain, but my guess is cut down the playign, till it gets better, or see a doctor if its a severe pain!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 7 2007, 03:21 PM
Instructor
If you have pain the best that you may do is to stop ...

Another question: In what hand have you got the pain?

This post has been edited by Juan M. Valero: Sep 7 2007, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 7 2007, 03:35 PM
its in my left fretting hand, but there is very little pain so im not too worried.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 7 2007, 03:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JOhn @ Sep 7 2007, 03:34 PM) *

I can't say if you'll get an serious injury, but something must be wrong if you feel any pain. I don't think guitar playing should be painful at all. Maybe you're too tense in your fingers?

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 7 2007, 03:52 PM
Instructor
mmm IOW be carefull and visit a Doctor. Don't play with your health !!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 7 2007, 04:12 PM
Lets go fishing!
haha, this thread reminds me exactly of when i had pain a while back.

When i first started practicing seriously and doing alot of sweeping/alternate picking i too had pain in my nuckles - it actually got so bad my fingers often locked up into a U-shape blink.gif

I was concerned i may have to stop practicing. However i changed my practice session around, stopped going straight into fast techniques and started with slow improvisation.

I havent had any pain since, i hope this helps! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 7 2007, 04:47 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Sep 8 2007, 12:49 AM) *
I can't say if you'll get an serious injury, but something must be wrong if you feel any pain. I don't think guitar playing should be painful at all. Maybe you're too tense in your fingers?

nope i defiantly do not tension my left hand but my right i some times do.

and matt thats sort of like me. iv been doing alt picking seriously for a while now and just started sweeping.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 7 2007, 04:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
I would say that is probably the reason behind the pain (although im not a Doctor so dont qoute me wink.gif )

The pain will subside, but i would definatly warm up SLOW for 30 mins before you start your faster techniques. Maybe improvise to some of the backing tracks on freelicks.net - i found this most useful!

matt

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 7 2007, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JOhn @ Sep 7 2007, 03:34 PM) *

Hi John smile.gif
If this pain goes on for some long time period,I would go and see a doctor.
Maybe it's a small issue at the moment,but don't let it to become serious matter,that's all.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 7 2007, 07:07 PM
thanks guys for your help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:40 AM