> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Amitai's Technique Builder
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 25 2014, 09:45 AM
Instructor
No way man smile.gif I think you did a pretty good job here - you replaced the vocal line with a guitar line, which is very good smile.gif Now, can you create a full structure and make the second guitar lines in such a way that they would fit as verse and chorus themes? As I said, the idea is good but it needs to be developed into a full song smile.gif

Regarding the 'relaxation' I meant that you are too laid back on your chair and that does not help with this sort of technical playing. You should sit in a position which allows focus - that's just my opinion, of course. Something like this:

I think that a lot of hand positions especially the ones in which the thumb and left hand wrist come into play, will feel a lot better, once you shift your practicing position smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 26 2014, 04:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I'll try and adjust my position, get something to elevate my foot and maybe a better chair for playing. I'll update when I do.

Here's a 2min version of the Green Day inspired song. I thought about making it longer but I think it's better this way.
I'm happy with this idea. I feel like I'm learning a lot.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/green-day-inspired-2

By the way, what happened to your video chats?

Thanks! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2014, 10:53 AM
Instructor
Hey bro - very nice track! biggrin.gif I think you can make a nice edited video for this and ... congrats on your first song together tongue.gif

What say you? The chats - I am no longer doing them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 27 2014, 01:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I think I won't do a video for this one, at least for now as I can only record with my webcam currently.

And that's too bad! I've been watching some old video chats and I liked yours. Also Darius's chats are extremely informative.

I've been working on another lesson, this time by Stephane Lucarelli.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/jazz-funk-licks
What do you think?

Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2014, 09:26 AM
Instructor
Thanks man smile.gif Well, you might never know what the future brings smile.gif

I like the recording of Stephane's lesson - nice tone and interpretation! I think you could make it a bit groovier, but that's just me - I think this style goes well with you!

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 28 2014, 03:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

Stephane's lesson isn't a simple one for me. Lots of feel in the rhythm. I tried again.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/jazz-funk-licks-2

And hey, I just remembered you did a very cool take on Billy Jean in one of the video chats.
Are you planning on recording it and putting it on Youtube? I think I remember you saying something like that.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2014, 01:11 PM
Instructor
Hey bro - I like this one better indeed smile.gif But watch out for 0:42 - there was a small 'hick up' there wink.gif

Billy Jean.. yeah, indeed I said so smile.gif I will actually perform it live for the first time in my life tomorrow evening at an acoustic gig I am being invited to be a part of biggrin.gif I'll play my versions of Billy Jean, Three Libras (from A perfect circle) and The Best of you, by Foo Fighters. It's a charitable event held to support a vocalist's mom. He is part of a well known band here and we all teamed up from a lot of bands to perform in this concert and help out. Most likely these live versions will end up on Youtube, so I will share them here - if they don't suck, of course biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 2 2014, 02:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

How was the gig? smile.gif Are everyone satisfied with the amount that was raised?

When I played that lick in 0:42 I realized there was some automatic response from my 3rd finger.
So I played it slowly for a while, got a little control of it and tried again.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/jazz-funk-licks-3
What do you think?

Waiting for Youtube links for your covers! tongue.gif

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Amitai Kedmi: Mar 2 2014, 02:23 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Hehe! It all went great man - there were around 350 ppl in a fairly small venue, which is pretty much great smile.gif The gig was very nice and it all went smooth - the crowd sang with me, so I think I got what I wanted biggrin.gif Will share the links once I upload them wink.gif

About the recording - yes, it's a lot better now, but I noticed something - the vibrato, mate it's too small and wobbly smile.gif Notice 0:45? It needs to be smoother everywhere where it is present - deal?

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 3 2014, 02:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

Happy to hear it went well smile.gif

I know what you mean. Sometimes I can't control myself tongue.gif
With not much time on my hands, I did manage to record a couple of takes.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/jazz-funk-licks-4

Thanks!

I saw the Hasselhoff collab today and I thought to give it a shot.
So I tried to divide the progression into individual modes -
D, A, G, (Briefly returning to) A,
Bm, A, G,
Em, F#/D (or D), G, A

So D Ionian - A Mixolydian - G Lydian
B Aeolian - A Mixolydian - G Lydian
E Dorian - D Ionian - G Lydian - A Mixolydian
But the backing track itself doesn't have much time and I began rushing. So I hummed some lines and tried to implement them.
Would love some guidance on writing a solo for this. So here's a quick improv on the backing track -
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/hasselhoff-collab

Thanks once again smile.gif

This post has been edited by Amitai Kedmi: Mar 3 2014, 03:43 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Hey Amitai! Your groove is better, but still biggrin.gif I would widen the vibrato! How about perfecting your technique with this lesson?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Summer-Tune/

Oh and by the way - here are the recordings from the acoustic gig: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=51504

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 3 2014, 04:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

Your performance is so energetic! I love it! Very musical and theatrical biggrin.gif

The lesson is great too. Piotr plays so well. I'll get on it!
And I think I missed you by a bit when editing my last post, I wrote something there about
the Hasselhoff collab. Check it out when you have the time smile.gif

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 05:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Mar 3 2014, 01:17 AM) *
Hey Cosmin!

Happy to hear it went well smile.gif

I know what you mean. Sometimes I can't control myself tongue.gif
With not much time on my hands, I did manage to record a couple of takes.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/jazz-funk-licks-4

Thanks!

I saw the Hasselhoff collab today and I thought to give it a shot.
So I tried to divide the progression into individual modes -
D, A, G, (Briefly returning to) A,
Bm, A, G,
Em, F#/D (or D), G, A

So D Ionian - A Mixolydian - G Lydian
B Aeolian - A Mixolydian - G Lydian
E Dorian - D Ionian - G Lydian - A Mixolydian
But the backing track itself doesn't have much time and I began rushing. So I hummed some lines and tried to implement them.
Would love some guidance on writing a solo for this. So here's a quick improv on the backing track -
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/hasselhoff-collab

Thanks once again smile.gif

Thanks man biggrin.gif Glad you liked it! Dude biggrin.gif This is already very nice smile.gif Melodic and smooth - it fits the track very well wink.gif The space does not allow that much of a modal approach as you want it to, so building a nice line like this is BY FAR the winning choice - if you wanna keep it Hasselhoff till the end biggrin.gif finish with a faster lick starting around 0:23 wink.gif

QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Mar 3 2014, 03:27 PM) *
Hey Cosmin!

Your performance is so energetic! I love it! Very musical and theatrical biggrin.gif

The lesson is great too. Piotr plays so well. I'll get on it!
And I think I missed you by a bit when editing my last post, I wrote something there about
the Hasselhoff collab. Check it out when you have the time smile.gif

Thanks!

Thank you once again, man smile.gif Piotr's lesson is JUST THE THING for you, right now, as it'll help you a lot with expression and most notably, control!

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 4 2014, 11:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

Began working on Piotr's lesson.
I got the volume up when I played because the notes died pretty fast. After I uploaded the recording I realized that
in some points it doesn't sound good because of the high volume.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/beginner-summer-tune

And here's another of Piotr's lessons.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/jazz-blues-phrasing
Still have a lot of work on both of them. Especially the two fast licks on the second one.

As for the Hasselhoff collab -
Are you sure you meant 0:23? The backing already fades at that point.
I will try to come up with something smile.gif

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Amitai Kedmi: Mar 5 2014, 02:19 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2014, 12:58 PM
Instructor
Hey Amitai - good work already here!

In the first one, you need to get a good grasp over a concept that involves NOT vibrating the string so quickly after hitting that note wink.gif You let the note breathe and then sustain its life cycle with the vibrato. The second lesson needs a bit of polishing, here and there, but nothing alarming, just details which will be fixed once you manage to internalize it a bit more.

Regarding the potential lick at 0:23 - I was seeing it as fading with the track wink.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 5 2014, 09:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I tried to start the vibrato later. The notes still die early.
Beginner Summer Tune
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/beginner-summer-tune-2

Worked on the faster licks a little.
Jazz Blues Phrasing
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/jazz-blues-phrasing-2

Legato Major Scale run in the end of the take.
The Hasselhoff Collab
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/hasselhoff-collab-2

What do you say? smile.gif

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2014, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Hey amigo!

Let's take things one at a time wink.gif

1) Piotr's tune is better, the vibrato feels improved a bit, but watch out for bends such as the one at 0:44 - I don't like it when bends go out of pitch biggrin.gif

2) 0:58 - great! The dynamics in this lick are very good! smile.gif Watch out at 01:11 - that bend is a little bit under the pitch wink.gif Why not go for a REC take with this one?

3) Swoosh! Awesomeness! I love it biggrin.gif I really love it! Melodic and with a nice ending smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 7 2014, 02:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I posted the REC take here.

And the Beginner Summer Tune -
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/beginner-summer-tune-3
I'll keep working on it.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2014, 06:46 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif It's almost there - you need to interpret it a bit closer to Piotr's approach - but that's something which will come in time. In terms of execution, I don't have anything to complain about tongue.gif Shall we move to another one as well? smile.gif I super enjoy working with you mate!

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 7 2014, 08:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I'll keep on practicing.
And yeah, I think i'm ready smile.gif

It's a great experience for me too! And I feel like I'm making progress.
Thank you very much for your time, patience and guidance biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:14 AM