Have You Ever Met Someone Famous?, Who, where, and when?
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 4 2011, 08:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Topics says it all, have you ever met someone famous? Who, where, and when?

I was stupid enough to pass by Janick Gers of Iron Maiden while I was carrying my photo camera and I DID NOT ask him for a photo!
He was just walking down the street in Debrecen (Hungary).... I regret that moment ever since smile.gif))

Somehow in the moment I wasn't sure if it was him .....how stupid is that ... rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 4 2011, 08:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
okay ,so here goes the name droping .I have met Vivian Cambell (Dio), Mikeal and Robert Sweat-Stryper,countless one hit wonder bands that never amounted to much(my band just hapend to open up for some).Good friends with the guys from Disciple(again we were on of the first bands that opened up for them in kansas) and in the past tom beringer and his PR guy sat at my table during a- uhum "dance review"
at which we had a laugh when his rep stole (on accident ) my smokes during the malay.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 4 2011, 08:47 PM
Instructor
Iron Maiden with Blaze. I managed to get a picture with Janick Gers and Nicko McBrain.. I may upload them if I can find them one day.. I had very short hair and was a very young 13. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 4 2011, 09:44 PM
Instructor
I never really met anyone famous outside of my country, and here I met quite a few people, but never too personally, just occasional introducing, and through work.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
El Marto
Jun 4 2011, 09:56 PM
GMC:er
I haven't met anyone famous yet sad.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 5 2011, 01:29 AM
The Dark Canuck
Because of my job, I've met quite a few actually... but the most recent ones would be

John Travolta, Korn, Harrison Ford (have met him a few times actually), Bob Dylan, Ted Nugent, Flogging Molly, Flatfoot 56, Jay Z and Beyonce, Tom Cruise, and the one I was probably most excited to meet... The Chieftans smile.gif

I missed out on meeting Rush the other day sad.gif

rok

PS: I even met Britney Spears once... she was actually very nice.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 5 2011, 02:04 AM
Learning Roadie
I met the bands RED and The Letter Black, but that's about it.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 5 2011, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 5 2011, 01:29 AM) *
Because of my job, I've met quite a few actually... but the most recent ones would be

John Travolta, Korn, Harrison Ford (have met him a few times actually), Bob Dylan, Ted Nugent, Flogging Molly, Flatfoot 56, Jay Z and Beyonce, Tom Cruise, and the one I was probably most excited to meet... The Chieftans smile.gif

rok

Woah ! Do you mind me asking what your job is ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2011, 09:04 AM
GMC:er
I"ve met lots of folks who's work I really respect but "famous" might be too strong a word for most of them. I was a big fan of Atheist and actually played in a band with the Drummer (Steve Flynn) from Atheist for a while. The band is called GNOSTIC. He remains one of my fav drummers. Kelly Schaeffer (The lead singer from Atheist) produced our first Demo so I got to meet him too. :

*Here is a pic from the recording session @ LedBelly Studios (Mastadon cut their demo here also)
Attached Image
A buddy of mine works in a research lab (DAEL http://dael.gsu.edu) and they get lots of movie/tv folks coming through to talk about projects and such so we I get to meet those folks quite a bit. Recently Wesley Snipes was going to use DAEL for pre production on a movie he was working on so he was around, but then he had to go to jail for tax evasion! Ouch!

Dean Devlin (movie/tv producer) came by with one of the guys from a show he does called "Leverage" and talked to a room full of student for a couple of hours and answered questions. He was a very nice guy.

My buddy produces a music show in there as well (http://indieatl.com) so lots of famous Indie Rock folks come through. Peter Buck from REM has been through twice without two side projects. But most of the folks you wouldn't know unless you were in to indie/alternative rock.

*Here is a pic of Peter Buck (REM) and Robyn Hitchcock from the day the did a video shoot. (I as running camera that day)
Attached Image

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 5 2011, 09:43 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2011, 09:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 5 2011, 12:29 AM) *

rok

THE CHIEFTAINS biggrin.gif I can't stop listening to "Women of Ireland" smile.gif

I think my list would be decently long enough smile.gif) loads of thanks to a good friend who organizes guitar events here, I am able to give you (in the order of appearance in my life): Steve Vai, Steve Lukather, Terry Bozio, Nathan East, Guthrie Govan, Mattias IA Eklundh, Andy Timmons, Greg Howe, Bret Garsed, Michael Angelo Batio, Dave Martone (he even came to a party I organized back in 2009 when he was in Romania tongue.gif), Michael Lee Firkins, Andreas Oberg, Jeniffer Baten, Stuart Hamm and i think there maybe more but this is the list coming to mind in this second smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:22 AM