2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Never Looking Back (new Original)
Vulpine
Jul 16 2013, 01:37 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC , has been a while just posting one of a few demo's I've done hope you like

"solo was mostly improvised" am in F Major or F Ionian (i think)

*Never Looking Back* Take 1... Action!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/never-looking-back-take1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Jul 16 2013, 01:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 16 2013, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Very nice phrasing smile.gif You focused on the melody and keep whole composition very musicial not just a show -off. Well done smile.gif I suppose You do know about th e little timming problems smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2013, 04:20 PM
Instructor
That's a very beautiful phrasings as always mate! As Darius said, we already talk about timing, besides that it's excellent!
Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 16 2013, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 16 2013, 01:23 PM) *
Very nice phrasing smile.gif You focused on the melody and keep whole composition very musicial not just a show -off. Well done smile.gif I suppose You do know about th e little timming problems smile.gif

thanks for the feed Darius was going to do a backing track to this if you or anyone was the least bit interested in playing along

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 16 2013, 03:20 PM) *
That's a very beautiful phrasings as always mate! As Darius said, we already talk about timing, besides that it's excellent!
Thanks for sharing.

hey gabriel thanks man your always taking the time out to give feedback. as dave mentioned I really want to focus alot on being melodic. in my is interesting to do because I think the melodic side alot can come from your mind , but one thing I lack in my playing is licks and for the rest of this year I want to study n learn licks that I could apply melodically I've also been working on my timing abit aswell

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 17 2013, 09:12 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The timing almost ruins it for me to be honest..
That said, this could be a great song once you figure the timing problems out. Really nice melodies and a great song idea.
Just keep practicing, I believe we will hear great things from you in the future. Good work on the songwriting smile.gif

Oh, and your lead tone is quite nice smile.gif Your rhythm tone you should work on a little bit though.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2013, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Howdy mate! As usual, your compositions could be incredibly pro and melodic and everything, but the timing issues keep them from reaching that supreme status. I think that your main concern should be your timing mate - not licks. It is a very important matter which will draw you back in absolutely every musical aspect of your life, simply because rhythm is EVERYTHING.

Look around in the world, in everyday life and tell me if you can name at least 1 thing which functions without rhythm smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 18 2013, 12:34 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 17 2013, 08:12 AM) *
The timing almost ruins it for me to be honest..
That said, this could be a great song once you figure the timing problems out. Really nice melodies and a great song idea.
Just keep practicing, I believe we will hear great things from you in the future. Good work on the songwriting smile.gif

Oh, and your lead tone is quite nice smile.gif Your rhythm tone you should work on a little bit though.

appreciate the honesty, could u point out the times when my timing is off so I could try to work on it . and yea I am tryng to find a great rhythm rock/metal tone something like that Metal 90's tone mr "Darius wave" had in that lesson = ) tone was a killer

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 18 2013, 01:16 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 17 2013, 08:52 AM) *
Howdy mate! As usual, your compositions could be incredibly pro and melodic and everything, but the timing issues keep them from reaching that supreme status. I think that your main concern should be your timing mate - not licks. It is a very important matter which will draw you back in absolutely every musical aspect of your life, simply because rhythm is EVERYTHING.

Look around in the world, in everyday life and tell me if you can name at least 1 thing which functions without rhythm smile.gif

which part may I ask do you notice the timing issues the lead or the rhythm? or both I ask so I can try to make some adjustments

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2013, 02:31 PM
Nice!!! As Darius mentioned, you quite expertly incorporated the melody through line in to the solo. IMHO this is the mark of a really good solo player. Well done. A solo happens in the context of the music around it so paying some heed to the melodic structure is crucial in order to make the solo sound like an extension of the music, instead of an overlay.

As for the timing, I thought you were letting slide a bit for style points but either way the whole works, keep it up!

Todd

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Jul 16 2013, 08:37 AM) *
Hey GMC , has been a while just posting one of a few demo's I've done hope you like

"solo was mostly improvised" am in F Major or F Ionian (i think)

*Never Looking Back* Take 1... Action!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/never-looking-back-take1

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2013, 02:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Jul 16 2013, 01:49 PM) *
thanks for the feed Darius was going to do a backing track to this if you or anyone was the least bit interested in playing along
hey gabriel thanks man your always taking the time out to give feedback. as dave mentioned I really want to focus alot on being melodic. in my is interesting to do because I think the melodic side alot can come from your mind , but one thing I lack in my playing is licks and for the rest of this year I want to study n learn licks that I could apply melodically I've also been working on my timing abit aswell

I'm so sorry of always having to say the same but this is something dramatic for me. As Paal said, talking with 100% honesty, your timing is ruining your music. It's can be hard to heard but I must say it. And basing on the following question, the issue is that you don't really note it.

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Jul 18 2013, 08:34 AM) *
appreciate the honesty, could u point out the times when my timing is off so I could try to work on it . and yea I am tryng to find a great rhythm rock/metal tone something like that Metal 90's tone mr "Darius wave" had in that lesson = ) tone was a killer

The timing issue starts as soon as your guitar starts, the rhythm guitar that seems to be a loop then, is all the time after the beat, and with a backing track like that is just impossible to keep a good timing so all your melodies sound untight, sometimes more, sometimes less.
Let me know if you can note it, if not we can continue discussing it, or maybe you can send me the multitrack project to let me edit the first part to show you how it should sound.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 18 2013, 05:50 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 18 2013, 01:44 PM) *
I'm so sorry of always having to say the same but this is something dramatic for me. As Paal said, talking with 100% honesty, your timing is ruining your music. It's can be hard to heard but I must say it. And basing on the following question, the issue is that you don't really note it.

The timing issue starts as soon as your guitar starts, the rhythm guitar that seems to be a loop then, is all the time after the beat, and with a backing track like that is just impossible to keep a good timing so all your melodies sound untight, sometimes more, sometimes less.
Let me know if you can note it, if not we can continue discussing it, or maybe you can send me the multitrack project to let me edit the first part to show you how it should sound.

ok ill send you the backing track ... ill post in in your instructor forum so we could discuss it more

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 18 2013, 11:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
This is really nice, you've definitely paid attention to get a really nice melody! Aside from the little timing problems, I think it's a great piece!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 18 2013, 11:35 PM
Nice composition mate, keep it up smile.gif

I had a lot of timing problems myself (maybe I still have but they've lessened immensely), Gabriel knows laugh.gif I hate the metronome. But I started using it for the whole of my practice time when Gabriel told me where my timing problems arise smile.gif

Use the metronome. You will hate it. You will come back at it with a vengeance smile.gif Never ever leave the metronome out of your practice sessions. Even for your own compositions, really focus on the timing before getting it up to speed smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 19 2013, 12:30 AM
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 18 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Nice composition mate, keep it up smile.gif

I had a lot of timing problems myself (maybe I still have but they've lessened immensely), Gabriel knows laugh.gif I hate the metronome. But I started using it for the whole of my practice time when Gabriel told me where my timing problems arise smile.gif

Use the metronome. You will hate it. You will come back at it with a vengeance smile.gif Never ever leave the metronome out of your practice sessions. Even for your own compositions, really focus on the timing before getting it up to speed smile.gif

Thanks sammetal92

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2013, 11:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Jul 18 2013, 12:16 PM) *
which part may I ask do you notice the timing issues the lead or the rhythm? or both I ask so I can try to make some adjustments

As Gabe said the timing issues appear in both lead and rhythm parts, sprinkled here and there and sometimes sabotaging all the recording from one end to the other. We'll sort things out, as long as you are willing to focus on this matter, so stay tuned in your thread, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 19 2013, 01:10 PM
ok

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2013, 06:08 AM
Todd here smile.gif I went back and listened again, and I have to ask. Are you doing the timing drifts on purpose or is this just happening due to less than great timing? After reading the posts, it seems I was assuming a bit too much. I was thinking you were intentionally playing with timing and forcing it outside of the beat to try to create a semi chaotic/free jazz vibe over a traditional rock/guitar song. If you are actually trying to play anywhere near the beat, then other folks are right to say it's time to learn to love the metronome, but for starters.

1.)Practice "counting time" in basic form. 1, 2, 3, 4. With a metronome. Then turn it off and see if you can keep time in your head by tapping your foot.

2.)Try playing a bit with and then without the metronome to see if you can see if you are still drifting.

I've used the metronome so much that I hear the clicks whether they are there or not. It just takes.....practice smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Jul 19 2013, 08:10 AM) *
ok

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 23 2013, 08:06 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 23 2013, 05:08 AM) *
Todd here smile.gif I went back and listened again, and I have to ask. Are you doing the timing drifts on purpose or is this just happening due to less than great timing? After reading the posts, it seems I was assuming a bit too much. I was thinking you were intentionally playing with timing and forcing it outside of the beat to try to create a semi chaotic/free jazz vibe over a traditional rock/guitar song. If you are actually trying to play anywhere near the beat, then other folks are right to say it's time to learn to love the metronome, but for starters.

1.)Practice "counting time" in basic form. 1, 2, 3, 4. With a metronome. Then turn it off and see if you can keep time in your head by tapping your foot.

2.)Try playing a bit with and then without the metronome to see if you can see if you are still drifting.

I've used the metronome so much that I hear the clicks whether they are there or not. It just takes.....practice smile.gif

Todd

Hey Todd am glad you brought this up
I am intentionally drifting. I like to start and end a phrase on the beat anything in between is like a jazz style approach.that being said I know theres still room to make those phrases/licks tighter. But I do like this approach to my improv. soloing. taking a jazz class last year in college I know jazz improvisers are known for that way of playing and really listening to alot of buckethead he's pretty much an improviser even more noticable in his concerts when he plays a lick or a melodic phrases n then improvise around them he's in time but free flowing or drifting and occasionally being semi chaotic and i really like that style of playing (improvising) I feel I am able to be free when I play like that
that being said tho I am going to work on making every part of my playing rhythm /lead tighter by working with a metronome

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2013, 11:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Jul 23 2013, 07:06 AM) *
Hey Todd am glad you brought this up
I am intentionally drifting. I like to start and end a phrase on the beat anything in between is like a jazz style approach.that being said I know theres still room to make those phrases/licks tighter. But I do like this approach to my improv. soloing. taking a jazz class last year in college I know jazz improvisers are known for that way of playing and really listening to alot of buckethead he's pretty much an improviser even more noticable in his concerts when he plays a lick or a melodic phrases n then improvise around them he's in time but free flowing or drifting and occasionally being semi chaotic and i really like that style of playing (improvising) I feel I am able to be free when I play like that
that being said tho I am going to work on making every part of my playing rhythm /lead tighter by working with a metronome

smile.gif Alright! Drifting and being able to slightly delay some notes is a very nice skill to have, but first things first, you should be able to control timing and rhythm to your will and that's what we will work on, aye? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2013, 08:38 PM
Cos has a great point here. Adding some free jazz in to your Metal is spiff, but sorta like painting, realism should come before impressionism if that makes sense? Try to put together a track where every note is spot on and once you crack that, your control level will increase dramatically and allow your chaotic leads to sound very controlled even if they drift a bit.

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2013, 06:05 AM) *
smile.gif Alright! Drifting and being able to slightly delay some notes is a very nice skill to have, but first things first, you should be able to control timing and rhythm to your will and that's what we will work on, aye? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 23 2013, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:07 PM