Arpeggio Notes
guerrillaradio
Jun 30 2010, 05:01 PM
GMC:er
Hey all,
I have a slight problem deciphering arpeggios on a guitar. I had experience with other instruments, but I just want some clarifications.

I looked at http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/arpeggio.php to view the C Major Arpeggio and the notes to be played are C-E-G (typical 1-3-5)

Yet on that site,if i start on 'Fret 0', it doesn't include the G on the low E string. So they pick out this:

-------------0----------
-----------1---1------------
---------0-------0--------
-------2-----------2--------
----3----------------3-----
--0--------------------0--

So why isn't the G note on the low string played? From my understanding, all notes of chord should be played as a broken chord.

I hope this post made sense, and I apologize for my tablature, I'm more familiar with musical notations :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Jun 30 2010, 05:48 PM
If I'm correct (and I hope I am) an arpeggio should have all the notes of the chord in it.
This means you could double notes, but you don't have to.
There are added notes besides the G note E-string that could be played which is also not the case.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 30 2010, 06:50 PM
Jazz Instructor
Well, you don't have to play all notes of the arpeggios, don't be confused with that, sometimes it's done because it's easier, sometimes because of the sound...
Don't worry smile.gif

+Quote Post
guerrillaradio
Jul 1 2010, 05:03 AM
So the website i use for arpeggio generator is fine for practice? Would anyone recommend any sites or lessons on GMC?
thanks!

+Quote Post
stratman79
Jul 6 2010, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Generally I like CAGED arpeggios but this lesson from Pedja has got some cool different arpeggios that I had seen fingered like this before. Has really come in helpful a few times already.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/arpegg...bb-major-scale/

PS I think Arpeggios should have every note in order...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:05 PM