Line-In vs. USB
sanders4617
Sep 7 2006, 02:48 AM
GMC:er
I use Line-In (or Microphone) to record guitar. I don't know if it is just my cheap sound card, or what, but there is always some little crackling noise during the recording. I am wandering if USB is better for recording guitar, etc? If so, I am going to buy something that will allow me to record via USB.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 7 2006, 08:42 AM
GMC Founder
Yes usb might improve the sound but more importantly you need to adjust the input volume so that you dont get distortion. Just lower the volume a little.

K

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Sep 7 2006, 05:51 PM
Its not distortion.. but a crackling noise. I believe my computer is just screwed up. Cause even if I record sound from streaming audio (which requires no mic.. it all happens inside the computer).. I still get this crackling noise. Its not a constant noise(usually hear it when the playing is silent or something)... but enough to sort of get on your nerves. I guess I will be throwing this computer off Mt. Cheaha later today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sidney
Sep 7 2006, 08:56 PM
I had some crackling a while back.. and I do have a quite expensive sound card. I found that upgrading the firmware (drivers) of that card solved all my problems. So go to the site of your soundcard, and download the latest drivers smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:25 AM