Check Out This Little Practice Amp...
Spock
May 16 2013, 05:59 PM
GMC:er

Yamaha THR10. This thing sound great!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 16 2013, 09:34 PM
Seen and heard a lot of these amps recently.I must admit it does sound good I would love to give one a try. If I remember right they are not to expensive either

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 25 2013, 03:18 AM
Spiff eh? There is a NEW model out that adds HIGH GAIN amps in. Sounds pretty darn killer. USB recording interface and software controlled as well. The new model is the THR10x and comes in Combat Green smile.gif

Here is the ubiquitous Ola Amp Review Vid.

QUOTE (Spock @ May 16 2013, 12:59 PM) *

Yamaha THR10. This thing sound great!

+Quote Post
Lovtscho
Sep 26 2013, 01:50 PM
The THR10x is here and I love it to jam along with it and improve my crappy technique...

--------------------
Guitars: Fender Telecaster, Fame PRS Style Guitar, Ibanez S-450 (I think)
Bass: Status with graphite neck
Amp: Blackstar 5 Watt, Kemper Profiler, Yamaha THR10x.
Pedals & co: STRYMON TimeLine, EHX Soul Preacher, EHX Tone Tattoo, EHX Holy Grail Plus, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Super Ego, TC Nova System, TC Polytune, TC Dreamscape, Ibanez TS 808, Digitech Distortion Factory DF-7, CIOKS Powerunit, more to come...
Studiotechnique: Steinberg CSX interface, various mics and outboard, including Alan Smart, Audix, Beyerdynamic, CAD, Chandler, Charter Oak, Empirical Labs, Great River Electronics, Kush Audio, Lexicon, Peluso...

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Sep 26 2013, 02:46 PM
I have the THR10 and it absolutely is all that and more!!

The circuitry being able to emulate big gainy amp sounds cranked to 10, but at a low volume that won't blow the top of your head off while sitting in your home/appartment is to me spot on. It's a definate must have for any guitarist, and blows the Fender Mustang serious away....as I have one of these as well and it doesn't even come close.

The only thing I wish it had was a line out, however I understand that part of it's awesomeness is from it's physical design and speaker usage as well.

Using the line in to have a completely clean channel is awesome for running your backing tracks through. It has a separate volume control to mix with your guitar so your mix can always be spot on if you have lesser encoded mp3's you are jamming with. I would recommend spending the extra to get the full size model that has this feature plus the acoustic, flat and bass modeling channels as well. It does a great job with a bass guitar plugged in given the size of the amp. I use the bass emulation from my RP-255 and it sounds nice and clear.

Using the software enhances the experience even that much more as you can fine tune each detail to the precise sound you want.

I've even been able to get a nice overdriven sound from it tweaking it out to the point that I can practice on it using just the amp and a guitar plugged in with no overdrive pedal and that's huge for me cause I Love my Ibanez tube screamer... so on the go it's great not to have to pack all the extra pedals and such.

It also has a killer sound by just running your mp3 player through it.... to me, it kills the Bose system, plus for a guitarist and close to the same money you get so much more with it.

Being capable of using batteries on the go and having a tuner is nice as well.

For me personally, I give these little amps a 10!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2013, 02:12 PM
Instructor
It sounds really good out of what I can hear! And Ola's review actually makes me think about buying it smile.gif Maybe it's time to change some things around this house biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2013, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Sep 26 2013, 10:46 AM) *
I have the THR10 and it absolutely is all that and more!!

The circuitry being able to emulate big gainy amp sounds cranked to 10, but at a low volume that won't blow the top of your head off while sitting in your home/appartment is to me spot on. It's a definate must have for any guitarist, and blows the Fender Mustang serious away....as I have one of these as well and it doesn't even come close.

The only thing I wish it had was a line out, however I understand that part of it's awesomeness is from it's physical design and speaker usage as well.

Using the line in to have a completely clean channel is awesome for running your backing tracks through. It has a separate volume control to mix with your guitar so your mix can always be spot on if you have lesser encoded mp3's you are jamming with. I would recommend spending the extra to get the full size model that has this feature plus the acoustic, flat and bass modeling channels as well. It does a great job with a bass guitar plugged in given the size of the amp. I use the bass emulation from my RP-255 and it sounds nice and clear.

Using the software enhances the experience even that much more as you can fine tune each detail to the precise sound you want.

I've even been able to get a nice overdriven sound from it tweaking it out to the point that I can practice on it using just the amp and a guitar plugged in with no overdrive pedal and that's huge for me cause I Love my Ibanez tube screamer... so on the go it's great not to have to pack all the extra pedals and such.

It also has a killer sound by just running your mp3 player through it.... to me, it kills the Bose system, plus for a guitarist and close to the same money you get so much more with it.

Being capable of using batteries on the go and having a tuner is nice as well.

For me personally, I give these little amps a 10!

Thanks for this review mate, it seems that this is a very cool amp for home practice. Is it possible to connect it to an external cabinet or that's what you say it's lacking?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 30 2013, 09:47 PM
There is an even HOTTER high gain model that came out a bit ago call the THR10x. I really want one smile.gif You could use it as a PREAMP but you'd still need to run it through a POWER AMP IMHO to put it through a cab. It's designed for low wattage low volume. Here is a vid of Mathias from Freak Kitchen giving it a go smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 28 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Thanks for this review mate, it seems that this is a very cool amp for home practice. Is it possible to connect it to an external cabinet or that's what you say it's lacking?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2013, 11:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 30 2013, 10:47 PM) *
There is an even HOTTER high gain model that came out a bit ago call the THR10x. I really want one smile.gif You could use it as a PREAMP but you'd still need to run it through a POWER AMP IMHO to put it through a cab. It's designed for low wattage low volume. Here is a vid of Mathias from Freak Kitchen giving it a go smile.gif

I've always wanted a Caparison, a new 7 string and a yellow guitar. Combining all those... man, I couldn't focus on the amp!

Okay, I looked away and listened now. It sounds great, but Matthias could make a cardboard box sound amazing. laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2013, 07:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 30 2013, 10:51 PM) *
I've always wanted a Caparison, a new 7 string and a yellow guitar. Combining all those... man, I couldn't focus on the amp!

Okay, I looked away and listened now. It sounds great, but Matthias could make a cardboard box sound amazing. laugh.gif

That's what I was about to say - it sounds very close to Mattias' Laney VH100R tone smile.gif I'm a big fan and between 2005-2007 I knew almost ALL the Freak Kitchen lyrics BY HEART

Anyway, I would like me this sort of little device - it sounds very organic and warm!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:06 AM