Th3 Is Released
Mertay
Nov 23 2015, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
http://overloud.com/products/th3.php

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2015, 01:16 AM
FINALLY!!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 23 2015, 04:40 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 24 2015, 10:45 AM
Instructor
Ooh, might have to check out the demo. David Walliman is a great presenter, I think he could convince me to buy anything rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2015, 04:49 PM
Instructor
I'm not very into this software but if you guys say it's good I'll give it a try.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2015, 01:07 AM
The trick is to hit it hard with enough level/signal when using the distorted/high gain sounds. But not so much you over power it. If you find the right balance, it's just unbeatable IMHO for high gain stuff smile.gif

However, I don't think I needed 3GB of new graphics? That just sounds like a waste of space. sad.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 24 2015, 11:49 AM) *
I'm not very into this software but if you guys say it's good I'll give it a try.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 25 2015, 10:18 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 25 2015, 12:07 AM) *
However, I don't think I needed 3GB of new graphics? That just sounds like a waste of space. sad.gif

Todd

I guess its made to adjust ipad's later on, lots of complaints though cause of too much dragging the screen...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2015, 11:01 PM
I get that ipads have crazy high resolution now. Seems to be the only feature they can add to the ipads now smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 25 2015, 05:18 PM) *
I guess its made to adjust ipad's later on, lots of complaints though cause of too much dragging the screen...

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 27 2015, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Mmmm He looks familiar!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 2 2015, 09:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ohxhDK0-U

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2015, 01:18 AM
I finally talked to the guys at Th3 and got a copy to play with so I'm going to be using it and making some vids and such. Good pull on this one mertay! That guy has a HUGE collection of gear.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 2 2015, 04:27 AM) *

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 4 2015, 03:18 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Looking forward to your review of it. After watching that video, I guess that guy has never heard a noise gate before smile.gif.

I've been using TH3 the past week and I'm impressed. The cabinet emulations are much improved. The interface still needs work though, and it's still missing things. For example (just like the Helix), it lacks a profiling/tone match feature that the AxeFX and Kemper have. But I'll be using it more than I used TH2.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 5 2015, 03:56 AM
Experienced Rock Star
By the way, in the review above, PixxyLixx speculates that many of the new amp models are simply models that were embedded inside the TH2 amp in TH2. That's not true..there really are 21 new amp models, although 3 of them are bass amps. The new Engl and Bogner models are quite nice.

One thing that was lost between TH2 and TH3 is smart controls. That was one of the best features of TH2, but it's gone in TH3.

The GUI is different in TH3, but that's still a weak point for Overloud. Be prepared to do a lot of mousing.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 5 2015, 04:41 AM
Hope they put the smart controls back for sure smile.gif I typically use staged noise gates in my TH2 patches so we shall see in Th3 but the guy in the review seemed to let the noise just rip. The main gate knob is what I start with then add at least one gate/expander if not two, each at a different setting. At really high gain, the noise that any sim produces can be extreme so getting a good handle on noise gates is important.

Pixxlixx guy has a massive guitar and amp collection. Evidently, he doesn't own any gates smile.gif hehehe.

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Dec 4 2015, 10:56 PM) *
By the way, in the review above, PixxyLixx speculates that many of the new amp models are simply models that were embedded inside the TH2 amp in TH2. That's not true..there really are 21 new amp models, although 3 of them are bass amps. The new Engl and Bogner models are quite nice.

One thing that was lost between TH2 and TH3 is smart controls. That was one of the best features of TH2, but it's gone in TH3.

The GUI is different in TH3, but that's still a weak point for Overloud. Be prepared to do a lot of mousing.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 5 2015, 09:26 AM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Dec 5 2015, 02:56 AM) *

He shared another video only covering the new ones. I'm not really a fan of his reviews as can be seen they're too "on the fly" prepared, so I never expect to hear stuff thats already obvious.

It seems the chat is rather slowly growing on the web as usually things explode and fade fast, which is good! seems these guys needs a lot of reviews to get the word out of such release properly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 6 2015, 04:36 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Yes, it's surprising TH3 hasn't drawn more attention. I suppose that shows how competitive the market has become.

When we released Omnisphere 2 earlier this year, it drew a lot of attention, but that's because we established a reputation years ago. I can't imagine how someone starting out today would get a new music software release noticed.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 7 2015, 04:41 AM
They are a VERY small boutique software company. They are not a big operation like IK MULTIMEDIA or something like that. They rely a LOT on word of mouth and reputation and such. I've tried every sim I ever came across and I still favor their stuff over everything else I"ve ever tried.

If it were not for folks getting excited about their product, it would not spread as widely as they don't have the marketing budget that a bigger company has.

That said, so far I really dig it and it remains the only sim that I can get the KRUNCH/CHUNK I want out of smile.gif

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Dec 6 2015, 11:36 AM) *
Yes, it's surprising TH3 hasn't drawn more attention. I suppose that shows how competitive the market has become.

When we released Omnisphere 2 earlier this year, it drew a lot of attention, but that's because we established a reputation years ago. I can't imagine how someone starting out today would get a new music software release noticed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:10 PM