Ultimate Picking
besip
Oct 10 2007, 03:45 AM
GMC:er
hi my next beghiner question

but im check like half hour ago the kris lesson about ulitimate picking{alternate}
on that lesson --https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/membersonly/speedpicking1-video.htm
on that lesson he showing how to move betwen B string and HI E string
---------12-14-15
12-13-15---------

and the problem -lot of people here tell me to not cheat and go up and down even if im skiping the string but kris go when he explain the moves on 8min and 50 second on that video from the B string with down stroke and conect the E string again with the downstroke

it's ok??? becouse somebody tell me im have do that like if last move on B string be downstroke so im have to hit the E string with upstroke

or if im go to HI string from low string with downstroke im can use again downstroke and im not gonna cheat??

maybe stupid question but im wanna be sure becouse im have diferent answer from lot of you rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 10 2007, 03:46 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 10 2007, 03:48 AM
Well basicly that's economy picking, something I use exclusivly, I guess it doesn't a steady sound like pure alternate, but I don't aim for a steady sound, so basicly if you want you'r playing to sound even, you should try aiming for pure alternate, that's my opinion anyway, I'm sure more experienced picker(I suck) could probably give you a better explanation tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 10 2007, 03:58 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Oct 9 2007, 10:48 PM) *
Well basicly that's economy picking, something I use exclusivly, I guess it doesn't a steady sound like pure alternate, but I don't aim for a steady sound, so basicly if you want you'r playing to sound even, you should try aiming for pure alternate, that's my opinion anyway, I'm sure more experienced picker(I suck) could probably give you a better explanation tongue.gif

ohh ok i'v been lost becouse krist teaching there alternatre but use probbaly ekonomy. if u right rolleyes.gif {probbaly yes cool.gif }.so 1 again no mather which string im play even if im go from low E to G the right alternate picning is downstroke E and upstroke G? and maybe again D downstroke HI E upstroke? cool.gif

so it;s there some recomedations to use the alternate pick everythime if thats possible???
im allready learn the whole beghiner song from https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...esson/index.htm but the alternate make me trouble tongue.gif even GABRIEL do not play with alternate
but if thats best way for all songs im wanna learn that way cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 10 2007, 06:20 AM
Get to da Chopper!
i dont think kris meant for you to use an Downstroke at 8:57- i see where you are coming from though.

Kris at this point is trying to show you the correct notes to play and has used a downstroke on the next string without thinking i guess.

After he has explained the notes he starts to alternate pick these notes more quickly- and uses an upstroke when crossing the string.

At this moment in time you should focus on strict DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP picking- and if you use two down picks in a row; tell yourself you are cheating.

Later on when you move to more advanced techinques such as sweep picking and economy picking you will cross strings using two down strokes, or two up strokes- but for now focus on STRICTLY ALTERNATE picking.

Hope i've helped (hope i answered your question well too tongue.gif )

DeepRoots

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 10 2007, 06:30 AM
Instructor
Yeah,slow vids sometimes make us instructors to make mistake here and there. cool.gif
Few days ago I was recording a lesson,slow video,
lick is all legato and I played it with alternate,
was thinking about the notes.
Then I re-recorded it . rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 10 2007, 07:23 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Oct 10 2007, 01:20 AM) *
DeepRoots

After he has explained the notes he starts to alternate pick these notes more quickly i'm don't recognize that becouse there is that speed rolleyes.gif you are talk about more advanced techinques but the techninques is like more easi for me but im don't wanna make it easy.i'm heard also kris somewhere here on Gmc talk about not prefer the other technique over the alternate picking...so if thats the best way how to play everything i'm wanna keep it thought for me.. but is probbaly better to know good one way like 3 way of playing badly rolleyes.gif

somethime thats thought for beginer like me with wish to play well 1 time..im know i'm need a time and practise but like for explanation when im work of the basic exersizes now and see kris or all of you on that level i'm don't even know when im be good enough to go to the bext stuff

that's way i'm make like milion questions unsure.gif wink.gif

so the recomandations is probbaly now to stay on 1 style of picking right??? even if i'm see other instructors playing manny rifs and songs and scales diferently? and also here is popular the sweep picking but the alternate looks like ultimate..lol

and 1 more thing thanks for the previously answer to all of you

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 10 2007, 10:32 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 10 2007, 10:22 AM
and one more thing whats make me crazy mad.gif the angle with pick im try like thousand ways..see many of videos but if i'm angle the pick the right way the sound is like 100% more death and not clear like if i'm try it angle backward..but i'm don't wana play backward becouse thats hurt my thumb

but i'm realy lost what im do badly with the right angle mellow.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 10 2007, 12:59 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 15 2007, 02:48 AM
for everybody who is bored with train speedpicking

there is 1 good exercises rolleyes.gif what im find on yotubee

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0asUvJUxLE

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:48 PM