4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Beginner Improvisation Help, A "starting point" rough guide
Rating 5 V
Chris Evans
Jan 21 2008, 08:59 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Bondy - Great effort m8! great "first ever" attempt smile.gif

just for note I think your guitar may be a tadge out of tune with the backing, but anyways ignoring that, you have a nice tone there smile.gif A little gentle vibrato here n there would help give this some feel as well, be careful when bending your notes not to take yourself out of scale (for certain styles this can be done for effect) make sure you are bending to another note in the scale, again its all down to practice, your certainly heading in the right direction, keep improvising with the backing and recording your takes, the more and more you do it the more and more you will get better at it, the notes will flow a lot easier and you`ll hit upon passages that you like and can build a solo around.

Generally when I`m improvising its to build a set solo, I start of just playing around then I`ll listen back and hear a bit that I like, so in the next take I`ll include it in the same place but add something different and so on till I build a whole solo up.

Well done m8, I`m impressed with your first ever solo, its only going to get better from here biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 21 2008, 11:24 PM
Learning Roadie
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thanks smells comments gratefully received will keep practicing smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 21 2008, 11:26 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 21 2008, 10:24 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thanks smells comments gratefully received will keep practicing smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

biggrin.gif no probs, look forward to some more takes & seeing you in the collabs smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
whammysam
Jan 22 2008, 12:12 AM
GMC:er
I shall treasure my download.. Thanks smells, You really taught well how to make the most out of a scale.

+Quote Post
T101
Jan 22 2008, 10:45 PM
Great lesson, it's not too long ago I learned pretty much same thing, and it took me hours to understand what the h... was going on laugh.gif If I'd known this lesson at the time it would have taken me .. well, less time.

One thing though, the link to the backing track seems to be broken. I can access the video, but not the mp3.

Woop, EDIT: For some reason the mp3 works for me now, don't know what happened. Glee to the world!

This post has been edited by T101: Jan 22 2008, 10:47 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 23 2008, 01:56 AM
Instructor
Way to go man, you really made a good lesson here. Keep it up i you can, it is very interesting smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 23 2008, 10:45 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 23 2008, 12:56 AM) *
Way to go man, you really made a good lesson here. Keep it up i you can, it is very interesting smile.gif

Thanks Ivan, I`m working on some ideas for another one at the moment, its just fitting in the time to do everything I want to do, theres not enough hours in an evening laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Feb 4 2008, 11:25 PM
Great lesson m8!

Very well explained, and good examples.. cheers

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Davidian
Feb 4 2008, 11:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So I finally uploaded something biggrin.gif
Please tell me what you think...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=11526

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 4 2008, 11:37 PM
QUOTE (Davidian @ Feb 4 2008, 10:30 PM) *
So I finally uploaded something biggrin.gif
Please tell me what you think...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=11526

Sorry I missed that one mate, listening now smile.gif will post in your thread

--------------------

+Quote Post
wakefield10
Mar 1 2008, 10:04 PM
this is exactly the type of lesson I need, but I have a mac and I cant seem to get it to work

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 1 2008, 10:16 PM
QUOTE (wakefield10 @ Mar 1 2008, 09:04 PM) *
this is exactly the type of lesson I need, but I have a mac and I cant seem to get it to work

blink.gif hmmm, maybe some of our computer whizz`s can help you here mate, I apologise I`m rubbish with anything to do with computers

--------------------

+Quote Post
wakefield10
Mar 4 2008, 05:15 AM
still having no luck sad.gif do you think maybe you could put it on youtube or somthing? Don't worry if it's hassle its just that for some reason its just this particular link that wont work.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 4 2008, 08:19 AM
I`ll see what I can do for you tonight mate smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wakefield10
Mar 4 2008, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 4 2008, 07:19 AM) *
I`ll see what I can do for you tonight mate smile.gif

Aww thanks biggrin.gif can't wait, I shall be practicing like crazy. Got a lot of coursework due in soon though, it's driving me mad

This post has been edited by wakefield10: Mar 4 2008, 01:47 PM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 10 2008, 03:09 PM
Next part, I`m hoping will be up tomorrow providing camera etc behaves itself, we`ll be looking at some small techniques for you to add to your improvisations to make them sound cool and a simple solo with a backing for you to learn smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 10 2008, 03:17 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Cool! No winter blues on this one! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 10 2008, 03:31 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 10 2008, 02:17 PM) *
Cool! No winter blues on this one! tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 27 2008, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Top explanation,I'm sure our beginners will benefit a lot!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 10 2008, 07:32 PM
I looove this lesson biggrin.gif ! Thank you!! It's really simple enough for me to grasp myself around! I don't know what I'd do without this approach!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:53 AM