Payday Blues!, ...do those exist? YES
fatb0t
Jul 11 2008, 01:49 PM
GMC:er
What's up guys,

I'm just wondering how many of you have insane deductions per pay check?

I get paid bi weekly - a already menial paycheck - ontop of that after all the deductions I only get paid 2/3s of what I made!!!!!

Feels like I work for almost no reason!

All the illegal immigrants in my country pay no taxes and make technically more than me ultimately! - Very upsetting
(Though I suppose they work much harder)

Let me know your thoughts on this....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 11 2008, 01:50 PM
I don't have deductions from my wage as I'm a student tongue.gif

Sorry to rub it in. Although I do only earn $48000 a year

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 11 2008, 01:54 PM
Students aren't subject to deductions in the UK?

I'm a full time college student and full time employed!!! UGH America - land of the deductions

I make $34K - with three years experience and 6 credits shy of my BS!!!

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jul 11 2008, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 11 2008, 01:55 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jul 11 2008, 01:54 PM) *
Students aren't subject to deductions in the UK?

I'm a full time college student and full time employed!!! UGH America - land of the deductions

My job is part of an engineering doctorate so my work is being a student if you know what I mean. I get paid to work for a company as a full time student doing research towards a thesis.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 11 2008, 02:00 PM
That sounds pretty awesome man. Get paid to persue your PhD. best of luck man! Don't let the axe fall to the wayside to those books too much!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 11 2008, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jul 11 2008, 02:00 PM) *
That sounds pretty awesome man. Get paid to persue your PhD. best of luck man! Don't let the axe fall to the wayside to those books too much!

Unfortunately I don't really play guitar too frequently. And I don't know work either biggrin.gif

What annoys me about being paid mainly in this job is the day they pay you on. If it falls on a bank holiday which a lot of the time it does then it gets brought forward a week.

So for the last 2 pay days I've had to wait 5 weeks. Then I wait 3 weeks after next one and 6 weeks after that ohmy.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 11 2008, 02:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Right now, my income is $0 untill I find a job. Used to get money from the government - as "support" to being a student. We do that in Denmark, without having to pay anything back. I used to get about $400 monthly for just sitting on my behind all day in school doing nothing! Now that I've graduated I get nothing of couse. smile.gif

When you start at university here in Denmark, while not living at home anymore, you get about $1000-1100 or so, I think it is nowadays.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 11 2008, 02:13 PM
Scandinavian countries are beyond ahead of the curve as far as EVERYTHING is concerned. If it was warmer and waves up there I'd live there in a second =)

America seems to be regressing...

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jul 11 2008, 02:14 PM

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 11 2008, 03:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jul 11 2008, 03:13 PM) *
Scandinavian countries are beyond ahead of the curve as far as EVERYTHING is concerned. If it was warmer and waves up there I'd live there in a second =)

It's not that bad now in the summertime... It's about 30 degrees celcius here now, that's about 86 fahrenheit smile.gif
Cold winters though..

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 11 2008, 03:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 11 2008, 03:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Denmark is pretty much like Norway, except we don't have that cold winters - nice summers (though not South France style summers etc.) with about 25-30 degrees, as Canis said (about Norway of course)

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 11 2008, 04:25 PM
Are there any waves (for surfing) along the coast of Norway? I'd imagine it must be pretty serious....

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 11 2008, 05:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not that california type surfwaves.. Atleast not where I live tongue.gif
But I'd imagine the waves must be hardcore, since they're coming from the northsea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jul 12 2008, 02:43 AM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jul 11 2008, 02:13 PM) *

Theres no such thing as free money man. When ever the government "gives" something they have to take if from you first. Its like tax returns....people are happy to get them. Its stupid, that money shouldnt be taken from you in the first place. What is their tax rate?
Holy hanna..I looked it up its 50%...try swallowing that pill.

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Jul 12 2008, 02:53 AM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Iron King
Jul 12 2008, 05:36 AM
Last week I got a new job that made a measly $3 more an hour than my old one.
I got my paycheck yesterday I noticed that I made about the same amount of money as before. That $3 increase pushed me up to the next tax bracket and my taxes doubled. **** you Quebec!

I find it absurd that a 20 year old student who works a full time jobs gets 25% of their salary stolen from the government. To top that off, today I got a letter in the mail from the gov. saying they were RETROACTIVELY increasing the price of car registration fees. Basically I bought something and a year later they decide that they want more and I have to pay it or go to jail... geez I don't even think the mafia would do that. Oh, and wanna know the best part? They are charging taxes for the amount I have to pay them in retroactive taxes. Yes that's right, my taxes are being taxed.

could be worse I guess, my dad gets 55% of his salary taken away
that's just criminal in my books

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 12 2008, 08:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Iron King @ Jul 12 2008, 06:36 AM) *
Last week I got a new job that made a measly $3 more an hour than my old one.
I got my paycheck yesterday I noticed that I made about the same amount of money as before. That $3 increase pushed me up to the next tax bracket and my taxes doubled. **** you Quebec!

I find it absurd that a 20 year old student who works a full time jobs gets 25% of their salary stolen from the government. To top that off, today I got a letter in the mail from the gov. saying they were RETROACTIVELY increasing the price of car registration fees. Basically I bought something and a year later they decide that they want more and I have to pay it or go to jail... geez I don't even think the mafia would do that. Oh, and wanna know the best part? They are charging taxes for the amount I have to pay them in retroactive taxes. Yes that's right, my taxes are being taxed.

could be worse I guess, my dad gets 55% of his salary taken away
that's just criminal in my books

That's just insane... Thanks for telling me why I never should move to the states tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 12 2008, 01:37 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Canis @ Jul 12 2008, 03:24 AM) *
That's just insane... Thanks for telling me why I never should move to the states tongue.gif

Um, he was talking about Canada - the taxes are much lower in the USA ... (especially compared to the UK where I used to live!)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 12 2008, 03:43 PM
I don't want to be poor anymore!!!

I need more guitars!

The US governmnet should have a Guitar Equipment Supplimential Program or GESP as I'd like to call it. Where if you're addicted to guitar but have no money they provide you with equipment. Kinda like unemployment hahah

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jul 12 2008, 03:48 PM
The government should have less programs, then you would have more money....This thread started as they took to much, more programs (I know you were joking, however)= more tax. The role of federal government here in the USA, per the constitution is to....

1. Provide for the common defense.
2. Promote the general welfare (not to be confused with welfare).
3. Secure the blessings of liberty.

Thats it man, nothing more and certainly nothing less.
They don't even do that well.
I defy anyone to tell me about a successful government program......
Government consumes the wealth of a nation.

"never never NEVER suckle the useless man tit of government"...write that down.....lol
Peace!~

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Jul 12 2008, 04:09 PM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jul 12 2008, 05:24 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Jul 12 2008, 12:24 AM) *

That's the least of the reasons not to. How about, we're trillions in debt, our biggest banks are failing, we have unlimited warrantless surveillance by the government now, and oh yeah, the Geneva Conventions are "quaint" and torture is now perfectly okay as long as we call it necessary.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
black and white
Jul 12 2008, 06:02 PM
That is the great thing about the states. If you do not like things where you currently live, you can move to another state, perhaps one that does not have a state tax like Texas or Florida. You even have the ability to leave the country and move to another one if you so choose.

Not discounting any of the things that were mentioned previously, but having the freedom to make these choices is something often overlooked and under appreciated. I for one, have no problem paying taxes (although I too wish they were less)..But taxes afford me good roads to drive on, schools for my child, utilities, transit, local government and tons of other things that make the US a great place to live.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:43 PM