2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Retro Gameing !
Retro Gameing !
What was/is you favorite Retro Gaming System?
Super Nintendo (SNES) [ 7 ] ** [33.33%]
Sega Megadrive [ 2 ] ** [9.52%]
Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) [ 4 ] ** [19.05%]
Sega Master System [ 3 ] ** [14.29%]
Commodore Amiga [ 3 ] ** [14.29%]
Atari ST [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other ( Please describe ) [ 2 ] ** [9.52%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 04:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
The topic on game music really got me thinking about the golden days of gameing. As the then proud owner of a Commodore Amiga I enjoyed amaizing sound and graphics for the time!

I also owned a Sega Megadrive/Genesis and a Super Nintendo - both great machines.

I would like hear more about GMC'ers first computers/games systems, your fave games etc biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
Sep 13 2007, 05:05 PM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 13 2007, 05:54 PM) *
The topic on game music really got me thinking about the golden days of gameing. As the then proud owner of a Commodore Amiga I enjoyed amaizing sound and graphics for the time!

I also owned a Sega Megadrive/Genesis and a Super Nintendo - both great machines.

I would like hear more about GMC'ers first computers/games systems, your fave games etc biggrin.gif

I love the classic 8-bit Nintendo (NES). I never had it when I was a kid, but several of my friends did. I picked it up (along with quite a huge bundle of games) some 6-7 years ago, and I still love it! smile.gif
(though I don't really play that much anymore... hm... perhaps tonight would be a nice night for a game or two of ice hockey or north & south? smile.gif )

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 13 2007, 05:09 PM
GMC:er
The Amiga is the only one I ever considered a true gaming platform.

Not really on topic, but close: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvZnTFpip0

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 05:14 PM
Lets go fishing!
The Amiga was awsome. There is still a dedicated following in europe, i think especially so in Germany!

Here is a great site i found the other day http://www.lemonamiga.com/

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 13 2007, 05:15 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
First computer I used - wasn't mine though, belonged to work - was a Commodore Pet. Used to take about 20 mins to boot up. So we'd start it, go make a coffee, drink the coffee come back and find it had crashed. Not much different to Vista laugh.gif .

First computer I had was a Sinclair Spectrum and fav game was Attic Attack.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 13 2007, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 13 2007, 06:15 PM) *
First computer I had was a Sinclair Spectrum and fav game was Attic Attack.

Cheers,
Tony

Hmmm fav game, yes. Forgot that.

Two games by Bitmap Brothers. "Gods" and ... can't remember the name "Hardball", "Steel balls" ... No! "Speedball 2", which is about to be a sequel soon biggrin.gif . And another Bitmap Bro, Magic Pockets.

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 05:51 PM
Lets go fishing!
biggrin.gif

I liked James Pond 1 & 2, Lemmings 1 & 2, Bart Simpsons vs the Space Mutants, Megaball, Superfrog to name a few wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 13 2007, 05:59 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 13 2007, 06:51 PM) *
biggrin.gif

I liked James Pond 1 & 2, Lemmings 1 & 2, Bart Simpsons vs the Space Mutants, Megaball, Superfrog to name a few wink.gif

Mmmm, yes biggrin.gif James Pond, Lemmings and Superfrog. Ahhh the memories biggrin.gif
Lets not forget Monkey Island series.

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 06:03 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Sep 13 2007, 05:59 PM) *
Mmmm, yes biggrin.gif James Pond, Lemmings and Superfrog. Ahhh the memories biggrin.gif
Lets not forget Monkey Island series.

yes, and Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 - very funny stuff!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 13 2007, 06:56 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Gotta go with teh SNES, I had my first experience with Final Fantasy on there!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 06:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
The Snes was great, I loved Super Mario, Alien 3 and Mortal Kombat 2 on that the most smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 13 2007, 07:01 PM
Get to da Chopper!
being 17 i didnt have much of a chance to explre all these consoles when i was young- i remember bashing on a megadrive tho. great laughs

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 13 2007, 07:01 PM
I have always loved the Megadrive... mostly because of sonic and the fact I made about 200 bucks off trading megadrives and megadrive games back when I was in primary school.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 13 2007, 07:25 PM
Nintendo Entertainment System

Oh maaaan, I have alot of great times with that thing when I was a kid. My cousin actually still has it, and it works! I tried it not long ago.
My favorite game was of course Super Mario Bros 3! Excellent game.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 14 2007, 12:34 AM
Instructor
What about Nintendo 64? It was awesome IMO. Especially the James Bond stuff - where you could play it up to 4 players multiplayer biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 14 2007, 01:02 AM
Lets go fishing!
A very good system the N64, but not quite old enough to be considered retro yet !!! smile.gif I did love Golden eye on that, good for parties etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 14 2007, 02:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 14 2007, 02:02 AM) *
not quite old enough to be considered retro yet !!! smile.gif

Thought so! But anyway - if you look at it like cartridge vs. CD/DVD age than it can work as retro platform biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 14 2007, 03:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 14 2007, 01:34 AM) *
What about Nintendo 64? It was awesome IMO. Especially the James Bond stuff - where you could play it up to 4 players multiplayer biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah N64 was great, but I never had one sad.gif
But I played very much with my cousin and friends. Mario64 was pretty cool, Mario Kart also and much more smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 14 2007, 06:25 AM
SNES is the king of classic consoles. hands down.

Zelda LTTP, FF IV(released as II), SECRET OF MANA, the two Mario World games, MARIO RPG!!! the list goes on and on.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 14 2007, 07:15 AM
i had a Super Nintendo, but my favorite was always Sega biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:58 PM