Avantasia, my favorite band
maw793
Feb 25 2008, 04:12 AM
GMC:er
Avantasia is a Symphonic-Power Metal collaboration of many varying artists. Avantasia was formed by a German songwriter/performer known as Tobias Sammet. Some of you may know him as Frontman and Lead Singer of Edguy. I purchased "The Metal Opera Pt. II" (released 2003) about a year ago, and i instantly fell in love with the awesome sound. Two nights ago, i decided to check online and see how Avantasia is doing. I learned that they released a new album titled "the Scarecrow" in January. Tobias has done it again, fusing metal with melodic and symphonic tones that make my head bob everytime i listen to my iPod. Even Alice Cooper showed up in this album XD I know Avantasia isnt very popular at all, but i recommend everyone here at GMC to check them out. biggrin.gif

EDIT:
Link, as requested: The Final Sacrifice

check them out on itunes as well

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by maw793: Feb 25 2008, 04:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 25 2008, 04:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
It would be nice if you could post a link. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
maw793
Feb 25 2008, 04:48 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 24 2008, 10:19 PM) *
It would be nice if you could post a link. smile.gif

ok, sorry (link above)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 25 2008, 04:54 AM
Scarecrow was an ok album for me. Listened to it couple days ago in our radio station.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 25 2008, 04:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
Ahh I found The Scarecrow (or what Ive heard of it) a brilliant album! biggrin.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 25 2008, 11:00 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
One of my favourites as well smile.gif
Awesome band, I like everythink Tobias does laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2008, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Tobias is one of my favourite power metal singers and composers so I use to listen to Avantasia. wink.gif

Sign of the cross

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 25 2008, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Avantasia is definetly one of my fav bands.. and the Scarecrow just keeps getting better smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 25 2008, 04:40 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Avantasia is brilliant, Tobias Sammet is a true genious!

+Quote Post
maw793
Feb 25 2008, 10:36 PM
its nice to see so many people that have heard of Avantasia
=D
where i'm from, no one has ever heard of them.
it pisses me off that they're not in the mainstream along with some other bands
Tobias's melodies and lyrics are extremely unique and friggin awesome in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2008, 11:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maw793 @ Feb 25 2008, 06:36 PM) *
its nice to see so many people that have heard of Avantasia
=D
where i'm from, no one has ever heard of them.
it pisses me off that they're not in the mainstream along with some other bands
Tobias's melodies and lyrics are extremely unique and friggin awesome in my opinion.

Don't worry. I could talk maybe with 100 persons on Buenos Aires street and I'm sure that they don't know them. Power Metal bands are like cult bands. However this year Sonata Arctica will make (or made, not sure) in a club for (around) 5000 fans, the same place where Helloween played some time ago and where Helloween and Gamma RAy will do a show together. I think that power metal is stronger here than in Germany (one of the countries that make more bands known). But it's just what I think. I read a Helloween interview where they say that in Germany they play in pubs. blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:58 AM