First Look At David Gilmour Signature Relic Strat., found this on Gilmourish
jdriver
Oct 13 2008, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
Here's a poor quality video of the DG Relic strat. Shows all the dings and dents and the stuff you get with it. I'd rather have the NOS myself. One comment on the blog from someone who played one in a store, try it before you buy it, it's a different animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg6XAoTUpjs

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 14 2008, 11:14 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
nice guitar

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 14 2008, 12:00 PM
Instructor
Hm, interesting. I'm not really fond of these models, but it's a strat afterall smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 12:10 PM
Not really my sort of thing but I bet it sounds great smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 14 2008, 01:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have to admit that being an obsessive gilmour fan this does excite me a little. But i really do have to hold back a little and bring the rantional side of my brain to the front for a minute, as this is a ridiculously expensive guitar! Personally the features just don't differ enough to require such a heft price tag...

I mean sure there's some new pick'up's in there and a front pick up toggle switch, but besides that its a black 70's strat body with a 57' V neck. Oh and the shortened tremolo arm, which if anything, should lower the price no? Less materials and all that biggrin.gif

Would look nice on the wall if I was a millionaire though... tongue.gif

I would like to play one.. all the same smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 15 2008, 12:44 AM
It would appeal to me to own a guitar spec'd out like his, especially since he personally approved these. I would never go for the Relic option, unless it was for a museum display! As for actually playing, I'll put my own dings and dents in it, thank you. Anyway, in my case, Gilmour could hand me his Strat hooked up to his rig, and I wouldn't sound anything like him. If I was David Walliman... much better chance of sounding like him!

You can get the Gilmour length trem arm with a Callaham tremolo block upgrade for $80. That's as far as I'm willing to go. wink.gif

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:12 AM