6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
V-picks, By Mrs. V
Azzaboi
Jul 30 2010, 04:16 AM
GMC:er
I just got my v-pick order (parents got them for my birthday) in the mail today smile.gif

I got...
Small Pointed (recommended by Vinni)
The Screamer (recommended by Vinni)
Shredder
Pointed Snake (on special)
Medium Rounded 2.75mm (freebee)

They also threw in a freebee with the note biggrin.gif
"Enjoy your Free V-Pick - We picked out this special V-Pick just for you to try. We want to make sure that you find the perfect pick for you and we thought this might help."

I thought I would love The Screamer, but it's the hardest for me to get use to and create harmonics off. The Snake is better... the fatter picks I just guess will take time for my hand to get use to? I have yet to try the Medium Rounded.

I'm actually loving the Small Pointed and the Shredder at the moment! I cruised through playing 'Flight of the Bubblebee' with the Shredder, something I've been struggling with before to play from beginning to end.

I haven't used them much yet, but you can feel it's less grip and a fatter tone. I think they are great for developing speed and keeping the hand loss/relaxed at the same time, without the pick flying across the room! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jul 30 2010, 04:18 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 30 2010, 05:58 AM
Learning Roadie
I ordered a Shredder and found I like the Screamers better. I like the duller part of the screamer. The Shredder is too sharp of a point for what I usually do. But I'll still use it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 30 2010, 06:15 AM
GMC:er
I am going to try the shredder, and the medium pointed (don't think I care for small picks). But I doubt I will dramatically improve on my stable, i.e. screamer, pointed snake or pointed diamond, regular diamond, and rounded regular.

I don't have trouble getting harmonics with the screamer. But I hold my pick in a way that facilitates that (thumb and side of finger, horizontal to strings, just bare tip showing. I do agree that the pointed snake is a bit easier for harmonics, but it is still pretty easy with the shredder holding the pick in my described fashion.

I am finally satisfied with my pick. But I think that I had to reach a certain mental/physical level before that was possible, with any pick.

QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 29 2010, 10:16 PM) *
I just got my v-pick order (parents got them for my birthday) in the mail today smile.gif

I got...
Small Pointed (recommended by Vinni)
The Screamer (recommended by Vinni)
Shredder
Pointed Snake (on special)
Medium Rounded 2.75mm (freebee)

They also threw in a freebee with the note biggrin.gif
"Enjoy your Free V-Pick - We picked out this special V-Pick just for you to try. We want to make sure that you find the perfect pick for you and we thought this might help."

I thought I would love The Screamer, but it's the hardest for me to get use to and create harmonics off. The Snake is better... the fatter picks I just guess will take time for my hand to get use to? I have yet to try the Medium Rounded.

I'm actually loving the Small Pointed and the Shredder at the moment! I cruised through playing 'Flight of the Bubblebee' with the Shredder, something I've been struggling with before to play from beginning to end.

I haven't used them much yet, but you can feel it's less grip and a fatter tone. I think they are great for developing speed and keeping the hand loss/relaxed at the same time, without the pick flying across the room! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jul 30 2010, 08:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
After really loving the V Picks for a few months, thinking they were the best picks ever.. I came to the conclusion that they just dont last for as long as I want them to last. Within hours the sharp edge is gone (which is fine), and it doesnt take that long before its completely used up (including having sharped them with a knife). Time to move on to try Red Bear biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:01 AM