7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Your Backing & Our Mix Ii - Collab, It's time for a new collab!!
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 30 2020, 12:31 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome you dig it! 😁 it will sound better in a proper mix

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 29 2020, 11:48 PM) *
man, this all I can come up with , I am drawin blanks
'

Very cool - feels like you have made huge tonal progress!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2020, 02:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 29 2020, 06:57 PM) *
@ Gab - here are the isolated vocals: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqrfutf9qxa3u8q/kris-lead.zip?dl=0

If you get a feel for it, feel free to start playing around with it and maybe we can get more contributions in the shape of fills etc

Wou!!! This is totally killer Kris!!! I love the lyrics, and vocal melodies! Great job! I can feel some Paradise Lost and Metallica's vibes. biggrin.gif

I'll share a new mix with vocals soon!

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 29 2020, 07:48 PM) *
man, this all I can come up with , I am drawin blanks
'

That's great Cursin!! Don't forget to share your only guitar take, and video if possible!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 30 2020, 03:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 30 2020, 02:34 PM) *
Don't forget to share your only guitar take, and video if possible!

still gonna see if I can come up with something for the other parts, will post all the necessary files if\when that happens

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 30 2020, 12:31 PM) *
Awesome you dig it! 😁 it will sound better in a proper mix

Very cool - feels like you have made huge tonal progress!

thanks , I finally got monitors, so instead of just cheap headphones, I can at least go back and forth

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2020, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Hello friends!!! I've added Kris' vocals to my project and this is a pre-mix so you can record takes around it!

Attached File  Your_Backing_II_with_Kris_vocals_pre_mix.mp3 ( 4.08MB ) Number of downloads: 139

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 31 2020, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
Killer! Maybe this one can go out on spotify? it would be cool to have a playlist of these on there.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 30 2020, 01:59 PM) *
Hello friends!!! I've added Kris' vocals to my project and this is a pre-mix so you can record takes around it!

Attached File  Your_Backing_II_with_Kris_vocals_pre_mix.mp3 ( 4.08MB ) Number of downloads: 139

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2021, 10:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Oh dear, I've only just started looking at this, started developing something for the intro and noticed the deadline is Jan 3rd, sorry, I feel bad as it was inspired by my idea.

As there hasn't been much input, probably due to family time, any chance of extending it?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 1 2021, 10:15 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 31 2020, 01:15 AM) *
Killer! Maybe this one can go out on spotify? it would be cool to have a playlist of these on there.

Yes, maybe we should if we get more of these! Can it be done for free now?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2021, 10:06 PM) *
Oh dear, I've only just started looking at this, started developing something for the intro and noticed the deadline is Jan 3rd, sorry, I feel bad as it was inspired by my idea.

As there hasn't been much input, probably due to family time, any chance of extending it?

Cheers

Sounds ok to me since we changed the course of the track quite recently!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2021, 01:28 AM
GMC:er
Well, not quite free as far as I know but something like one dollar a year.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 1 2021, 05:15 PM) *

Sounds ok to me since we changed the course of the track quite recently!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2021, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2021, 06:06 PM) *

Cheers

Yes! We are going to extend this one! What about 10 extra days?

Deadline: January 12nd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 1 2021, 06:15 PM) *

Yes! There are free options as well. I can set it up.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2021, 04:20 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 2 2021, 03:09 PM) *
Yes! We are going to extend this one! What about 10 extra days?

Deadline: January 12nd

Sounds good to me as long as everyone else is okay with it smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2021, 06:40 PM
I take it this is an audio only collab?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 2 2021, 08:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
An extension is a good idea, I think smile.gif 10 days more sounds good. I should be able to get something done before the 12th.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 2 2021, 09:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2021, 06:40 PM) *
I take it this is an audio only collab?

video is optional, but preferable

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2021, 09:49 PM
Hello folks,

Thought I'd try a bit of acoustic in the intro. Along this idea, what do you think?

One question, how do I prevent the sound of my breathing apart from holding my breath? I had a pop canceller in front of the mic, I thought about getting a snorkel but that might be worse. Is there a way with a limiter of something like that? Both my acoustics have piezos in them but as you know, they just don't have the same sound. Maybe a scarf or Covid face mask will do it wink.gif

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/acoustic-intro-take-1

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 2 2021, 10:13 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 2 2021, 10:56 PM
GMC Founder
Sounds great Phil!

The breathing here is not prominent + I don't mind a little breathing it just makes it sound more human.

Typically a directional mic can help you pick up sound from a specific area.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 30 2020, 02:34 PM) *
Wou!!! This is totally killer Kris!!! I love the lyrics, and vocal melodies! Great job! I can feel some Paradise Lost and Metallica's vibes. biggrin.gif

😁🙏 Cool, those are def two of my fav bands!

When singing I had more of a Cornell meets Jimmy Cash feeling (though I obviously can't do any of their stuff).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2021, 11:26 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 2 2021, 09:56 PM) *
Sounds great Phil!

The breathing here is not prominent + I don't mind a little breathing it just makes it sound more human.

Typically a directional mic can help you pick up sound from a specific area.

Thanks, that was an SM57, it's all I have. Next time I'll put a scarf round my face. cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 3 2021, 12:49 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2021, 11:26 PM) *
Thanks, that was an SM57, it's all I have. Next time I'll put a scarf round my face. cool.gif

Sm57 should be fine though, maybe try putting it closer to the guitar if you want less room noise

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 3 2021, 10:31 AM
Thanks,

It was a few inches away from the 12th fret, I think it captured the sound of the guitar pretty good to be honest.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 3 2021, 11:01 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 3 2021, 10:31 AM) *
Thanks,

It was a few inches away from the 12th fret, I think it captured the sound of the guitar pretty good to be honest.

Yes, I don't see any problems with your recording either - but if you want less room/breathing noise, then moving the mic closer is def one way to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 3 2021, 11:51 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 3 2021, 10:01 AM) *
Yes, I don't see any problems with your recording either - but if you want less room/breathing noise, then moving the mic closer is def one way to go.

Thanks I'll try it, it's worse when the notes are quiet and in the gaps, I tried cutting the gaps out in Reaper but it sounded fake with complete silence, that was when listening in isolation though maybe along with the backing it will be less noticeable.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:33 PM