Rusty Cooley On 8 String!
misterj
Aug 23 2007, 03:33 AM
GMC:er
this is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhg9zKqnzk

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
InstruMental Cas...
Aug 23 2007, 04:01 AM
Yeah, check out Rusty on his Conklin in this live solos video I filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fKG8YW_Ujw

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 23 2007, 04:28 AM
His "music" is extremely horrible in my opinion. His skills are impressive though.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 04:41 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 22 2007, 11:28 PM) *
His "music" is extremely horrible in my opinion. His skills are impressive though.

You know watching video i felt the same blink.gif .I know he is a amazing guitarist and i have heard him play stuff i really like but,thats just to much blah,blah,blah,blah on the guitar.Just going up and down every fret as quick as you can isnt what i like about shred.I love shred guitar (its my user name biggrin.gif ) but when it loses all sence of direction and you cant make out each note as something that sounds correct i just dont like it.Stuff like that is the only reason i can understand were some people say they dont like shred.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 23 2007, 04:44 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I love Rusty Cooleys "Music", and I Love Outworlds "Music" as well. smile.gif

Its just awesome riffage with awesome soloing.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Aug 23 2007, 04:45 AM
There were some nice parts smile.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 04:53 AM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Aug 22 2007, 11:45 PM) *
There were some nice parts smile.gif

Yep i agree
There was some nice parts but some of it was just overboard for me sad.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 23 2007, 07:11 AM
If its Overboard, Overdramatic, or Unnesccary (all in a good way for me smile.gif ) i love it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 23 2007, 08:13 AM
Instructor
Love that guy, his music, his playing, his attitude, his Outworld work...my biggest technique influence and a goal to reach in my playing! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 23 2007, 08:16 AM
Rusty is equivalent to the power of a super massive black hole sucking in an entire planet.

And im reffering to the super massive black holes in space that are millions of times the mass of the sun, Rusty is THAT Awesome. smile.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 23 2007, 08:16 AM

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Aug 23 2007, 08:43 AM
Get to da Chopper!
didnt Yngwie once say "Nobody will ever match my speed or technique..." ?

Oohh how wrong he was......

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 23 2007, 08:54 AM
Instructor
Did Yngwie really say that?? :? :?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Aug 23 2007, 09:00 AM
I think Yngwie is a better composer but not better at shredding like Rusty

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 23 2007, 09:07 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 23 2007, 02:13 AM) *
Love that guy, his music, his playing, his attitude, his Outworld work...my biggest technique influence and a goal to reach in my playing! smile.gif

I know you have said that, but I don't see him as being up to the level (at least as I define the level) of someone like Gilbert or Batio. He plays a lot of sweeps, maybe that is why you like him. But I hear some imprecise things, hitting notes on bends that are not quite on pitch, rhythmic/accenting flaws in the fast runs. I know I am being real picky, but he does some stuff that is not exactly perfect, and other guys are perfect. I don't consider him one of the very best. Sure he is very skilled, but just not up to the level of some others in my view.

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 23 2007, 09:57 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 23 2007, 03:28 PM) *

Im right there with you on that one Robbin..

QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 23 2007, 07:54 PM) *
Did Yngwie really say that?? :? :?

From what I have read, seen and heard Yngwie is extremely up himself so he probably did say that..

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 23 2007, 10:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (misterj @ Aug 23 2007, 04:33 AM) *

Cool looking guitar but I'm not a fan of Rusty,sorry. sad.gif
Over distorted tone as well,imo.
Great for stuff like this but has no balls..of glory. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Gen
Aug 23 2007, 10:56 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 23 2007, 05:28 AM) *

Same opinion here...

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 23 2007, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Aug 23 2007, 02:43 AM) *
didnt Yngwie once say "Nobody will ever match my speed or technique..." ?

Oohh how wrong he was......

I doubt that, putting your basic person there to listen to both, that many would feel this guy is even close to Yngwie in terms of quality. Very few.

Speed only counts when you can play at that speed as perfectly as you can as well as you do slower, keeping a perfect rhythm, and perfect accenting. And also having some feeling to your music, some soul. If not, it is disqualified from the competition. This guy is nowhere near Yngwie in terms of quality of play. He may play fast sweeps, but there is some disconnection in his play. Just another guy trying to be as fast as he can, and sacrificing quality to do that.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Aug 23 2007, 11:13 AM

+Quote Post
kahall
Aug 23 2007, 11:41 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 23 2007, 02:16 AM) *
Rusty is equivalent to the power of a super massive black hole sucking in an entire planet.

And im reffering to the super massive black holes in space that are millions of times the mass of the sun, Rusty is THAT Awesome. smile.gif

Been watching too much of the history channel have we? I thought they said they (black holes) were only 100 times the size of the sun. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 23 2007, 05:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 23 2007, 12:10 PM) *
I doubt that, putting your basic person there to listen to both, that many would feel this guy is even close to Yngwie in terms of quality. Very few.

Speed only counts when you can play at that speed as perfectly as you can as well as you do slower, keeping a perfect rhythm, and perfect accenting. And also having some feeling to your music, some soul. If not, it is disqualified from the competition. This guy is nowhere near Yngwie in terms of quality of play. He may play fast sweeps, but there is some disconnection in his play. Just another guy trying to be as fast as he can, and sacrificing quality to do that.

This is your opinion - it doesn't mean it's correct! Watch his instructionals and you'll see he's 10 times over Yngwie!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:21 PM