> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Panicprone's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2012, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Hi PanicProne!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 18 2012, 05:19 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
PanicProne
Jun 7 2012, 08:45 PM
GMC:er
Allright. I've waited long enough. It's time to get this started. Well, sort of. I'll record and upload videos in the weekend, but thought I'd at least bring this thing to life by answering some of your questions.

I've been playing guitar for ages. I don't even want to mention how many years cause it gets me embarrassed that I haven't improved more. To make a long story short (I can talk about this for ages, so if you want me to go more into detail later, let me know): If I'm a bit hard on myself, I can do very basic chordwork (powerchords) and that's about it. I write and want to be able to play music like Thrice and Oceansize (two of my favourite bands) without struggling. I've always been good at writing and therefor never pushed myself but rather played in my "comfort zone". Now I've come to a point where my lack of skill is damaging/narrowing my writing. Basically what I want you to help me with is push me out of my comfort zone and make sure I really develop and actual feel that I am. Especially speed, accuracy of my fingers and pick hand stamina accuracy. I reckon I need to get pratice hammer ons and pull offs a lot too. I don't like the typical "shredding" but want to be able to do it. Know what I mean?

That's about it. I'll do a video soon. Any suggestions for songs to play? I reckon I'm a strong lvl 2/lvl 3 player if I'm to refer to gmc's levels. I really can't do solos. If you come up with nothing I will just give you a Green Day song or something to start with. Ask me more specifically what you need to know and I'll answer.

Also, I'll be doing a course in music theory over summer, if that matters. I'm doing this cause I reckon creativly I'm a good musician but as a guitar player and theoretically I'm a disaster. But I really, really want to pratice and develop. I just need you to push me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2012, 09:59 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Cool introduction! I love Trice! They are an amazing band, and they have evolved a lot since their beginnings. I don't have a lesson in their style yet but you could check my lesson's archive and choose any lesson that you liek to start working on it. Anyone that include melodies and rhythms like the pop punk one or the Paramore style could work, but you can go for any of the others.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructo...briel-Leopardi/

I'll wait for the videos! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jun 22 2012, 08:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 7 2012, 10:59 PM) *
Hi mate! Cool introduction! I love Trice! They are an amazing band, and they have evolved a lot since their beginnings. I don't have a lesson in their style yet but you could check my lesson's archive and choose any lesson that you liek to start working on it. Anyone that include melodies and rhythms like the pop punk one or the Paramore style could work, but you can go for any of the others.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructo...briel-Leopardi/

I'll wait for the videos! smile.gif

Sorry for the delay on the videos. I've had a suuuper busy week. However, starting tomorrow I am on holiday and will have more time to focus on guitar playing. Is there a guide to "how to record the right vids" or do I just plug into and amp and go webcam?

Also, I want to say thanks for picking the pop punk-lesson. It really highlights what I lack in my guitarplaying. It was shocking at first that I have such trouble playin such a simple thing but I really made me wake up and understand how shit I am. I'll try to do at least 2 hours guitaring a day starting tomorrow and hopefully I will feel a difference.

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jun 23 2012, 02:06 PM
Also, how do I get the video done for mac? I've got garage band and a line 6 toneport for recording the sound, what do I use to sync it with the film?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2012, 09:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PanicProne @ Jun 22 2012, 04:45 PM) *
Sorry for the delay on the videos. I've had a suuuper busy week. However, starting tomorrow I am on holiday and will have more time to focus on guitar playing. Is there a guide to "how to record the right vids" or do I just plug into and amp and go webcam?

Also, I want to say thanks for picking the pop punk-lesson. It really highlights what I lack in my guitarplaying. It was shocking at first that I have such trouble playin such a simple thing but I really made me wake up and understand how shit I am. I'll try to do at least 2 hours guitaring a day starting tomorrow and hopefully I will feel a difference.

QUOTE (PanicProne @ Jun 23 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Also, how do I get the video done for mac? I've got garage band and a line 6 toneport for recording the sound, what do I use to sync it with the film?

Hi mate! I don't use mac so I can't suggest what is better for it, but I can share what I use in PC and maybe we can go for something similar. I use Sony Vegas to mix audio with video. I first record the audio using a multitrack like Nuendo (you can also use Reaper or any other) and film myself with a Camera (you can use your webcam and capture the video directly in your computer. Then I synchronize audio and video with Sony Vegas.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:59 AM