Marcus Lavendall Neo Classical Etude No1 Great Lesson, check it out
carpathian Etude
Dec 4 2009, 12:24 AM
GMC:er

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ssical-etude-1/

I am really enjoying this lesson just started focused practise today, I had the first bit from before I joined so its a bit faster, I nearly have the whole lot memorised just two more sections.

The thing I like with this is each section can have a ifferent feel so gets you used to playing different notes as there is a triplet type bit in it so it gets you used to switching back and forth, also the licks could be dis assembeled and used with other licks to create new versions etc once mastered. It seems to be in Am as harmonic etc fits nicely.

I cant wait to get up to speed with it where I can actually play the whole lot along to the backing track, that will be awesome.
I intend to practise it each day until I get better and better, once I get to where I can play the whole thing along with the metronome it will be great as it will only be time before I reach my goal. I dont seem to be able to get the metronome on the lssone to function but I have a korg ma30 in front of me and am gettin a drum machine with a metronome built in too for xmas (zoom rt123)
that willbe fun to jam with. have a great day, seasons greetings.......paul

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 4 2009, 01:56 AM
Instructor
that's a pretty neat lesson!

sounds great

great work out as well for the alternate picking

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
carpathian Etude
Dec 4 2009, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 4 2009, 12:56 AM) *
that's a pretty neat lesson!

sounds great

great work out as well for the alternate picking

yeah its ideal as you are learning a great piece and it works out different licks well too, been out all day today and guest coming over tonight so have missed practise but tomorrow willbe back on track with strict regime. cheers...paul

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Dec 5 2009, 01:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
That's an awesome lesson ! smile.gif I stumbled upon it when I joined GMC more than half a year ago, and although it was way out of my reach, I used it both as motivation and as an exercise to gain speed and confidence with alternate picking. It's a beautiful composition, and also develops you very well technically as a guitarist. Hope you get it down, and then you can post a take on REC. I also recommend his "Vibrato [...] Left-Hand" lesson, which has very beautiful slow phrasing, but also various long slides, bends and sweeps.

smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
carpathian Etude
Dec 5 2009, 10:48 PM
Great practise tonight, 2 hours focused on the lesson, memorised the first 5 pieces now, only one left. am still slow and a bit messy but the main thing is I am getting the feel of the music now, when I play it although it is slower and messy it sounds to me like the example does, if you know what I mean. The sound of the example I hear in my head is the same as what I play phrase wise, just a little slower and messier, once now I am getting the feel for it and learn all the pices it will be better as It is just a matter of drilling it in with practise and the dreaded metronome, i always go to pieces on new bits on the click but once I get confident with them (like the first piece which i have been playing longer) I can get more accurate and faster. altogether Im really pleased with tonights session.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:40 PM