10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
The Gmc Borderline Group Program
bleez
Aug 5 2015, 03:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Aug 5 2015, 02:40 PM) *
The deadline for this one is fast approaching and I haven't even started learning parts 5 & 6, nor gotten 1-4 up to 100% speed yet. I've been working on it as hard as I can but I think my take is going to have to be a partial.

Im in a similar position. At this moment I cant even see me getting what little I have up to full speed.
I cant even get into the timing of it.

dont think my brain can cope with jazz!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Aug 5 2015, 04:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Slowly it begins that i like it!! rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jazz_Fusion_Enclosures.mp3 ( 444.2K ) Number of downloads: 76

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 6 2015, 08:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Aug 5 2015, 10:40 AM) *
The deadline for this one is fast approaching and I haven't even started learning parts 5 & 6, nor gotten 1-4 up to 100% speed yet. I've been working on it as hard as I can but I think my take is going to have to be a partial.

Hi mate, this means that there is a lot to learn on this topic... remember the first rule of this program: quality over quantity. wink.gif

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Aug 5 2015, 12:41 PM) *
Slowly it begins that i like it!! rolleyes.gif

This is very promising mate! You are on the right track with this one!! There are just 3 things that you should pay attention during the next practice sessions:

- timing
- dynamics
- visualize/understand what you are playing and it's relationship with the scale and chords from the backing.

I'm impressed. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Aug 8 2015, 08:49 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
After a lot of hours spend in this lesson is this my final take.
Sorry for the bad video quality... The WLAN on this place is not so fast.

Assignment 4: Final Take

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Aug 8 2015, 08:50 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 8 2015, 06:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I got nothing, sorry.
Just didn't mange to get enough time on this to learn it to an acceptable level. I gave up on it last night, I literally cannot face playing it any more. Sorry Gab.
good luck with the rest of the program guys.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Aug 8 2015, 07:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I met my goal of parts 1-4 at 100% tempo, but I'm not great at it. I just faded out the rest of the track, I hope that's ok. These last two lessons have been really tough. I feel like I'm getting worse lately. Sorry to see bleez drop, Beat you should be really proud, I think this is your best one yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2015, 08:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Aug 8 2015, 04:49 AM) *
After a lot of hours spend in this lesson is this my final take.
Sorry for the bad video quality... The WLAN on this place is not so fast.

Awesome! Great to find you complete take here! Congrats Beat. smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 8 2015, 02:41 PM) *
I got nothing, sorry.
Just didn't mange to get enough time on this to learn it to an acceptable level. I gave up on it last night, I literally cannot face playing it any more. Sorry Gab.
good luck with the rest of the program guys.

Hi Bleez, I'm so sorry of reading this! You've been doing a great job in the previous videos. I wonder if you couldn't learn at least a few licks that let you get into this phrasing to create some more improvised ideas around it. Is it possible?

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Aug 8 2015, 03:54 PM) *
I met my goal of parts 1-4 at 100% tempo, but I'm not great at it. I just faded out the rest of the track, I hope that's ok. These last two lessons have been really tough. I feel like I'm getting worse lately. Sorry to see bleez drop, Beat you should be really proud, I think this is your best one yet.

Hi Yoncopin! Great to find your final take here!

You've told me that you'll go on vacation for 10 days from August 15th to 21th so I think that it will be ok if you work on the assignment 5 when you are back, what do you think? or maybe you prefer to work on it the next 6 days... please let me know.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Aug 8 2015, 09:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 8 2015, 03:20 PM) *
You've told me that you'll go on vacation for 10 days from August 15th to 21th so I think that it will be ok if you work on the assignment 5 when you are back, what do you think? or maybe you prefer to work on it the next 6 days... please let me know.

I don't know what's best. I think I'll fall behind if I wait until after I get back. Can you post the next lesson today? I can get started right away and see how far I get. I'd like to try to get it in before I leave, but it kinda depends what you have planned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2015, 10:23 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I share the next assignment here to let yoncopin start soon. I'll be back with comments about your takes.

Assignment V – Pop Rock

This fifth assignment is based on the stle of Steve Lukather as an excuse to work on some topics that we still need to cover on this program. Steve is an amazing guitar player who has influenced most of the modern rock guitar players that many of us cite as influences. His phrasing and technique are top level, and he is also a great improviser and composer. In this lesson Muris covers most of his techniques and patented licks so it's a good way to get into his playing and get inspired by some of his chops.

The specific elements that we will focus on this one are:

- Alternate Picking
- Incorporating Tapping in licks
- Phrasing with Aeolian mode (and modulating to major)

Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...r-style-lesson/

Deadline: August 20th

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Aug 12 2015, 03:12 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2015, 03:12 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT IV - FUSION: The comments.

Yoncopin:

Congrats on being one of the braves that completed this assignment!

It’s really interesting to see you playing this kind of phrases, and what’s even cooler is that you look comfortable with this kind of stuff. Playing different styles helps a lot to expand our horizons and always brings some fresh ideas into our playing.

Your tone fits great for this one, it has a very balanced EQ and the perfect amount of drive required for this fusion style. Also, there are not important technical issues to mark or improve on this one, your playing is consistent in the whole take. I just feel that your vibrato could be stronger in some licks.

Besides the improvisation idea that shared this lesson, it’s a very good lesson to train your rhythm abilities. This kind of funky fusion stuff requires a good manage of groove, and I can say that even knowing that there is more room to improvements; you did a very good job.
So I can say that you did a killer work and that you could save this one for future practice to keep on improving your groove, and also to keep on experimenting with the “enclosures” idea that is applicable to any guitar style.

Keep on the great job!

PS: I recommend you checking the collab albums recorded by Kotzen/Howe. Very in this style, and very groovy.

Beat:

Another braveheart! Congratulations on completing the assignment number 4!

And I have to say that you’ve done it really naturally. You look as if you have been playing this kind of funky rhythm for a long time!
The first thing that reflects is how groovy your take sounds. You go with the backings really well, and this is one of the most important things of this style. I feel that it’s even more important than the notes! I remember Victor Wooten saying that rhythm is the “why” of a piece of music or solo, he said focus on groove, always keep grooving and even wrong notes will sound good.

Besides this, your technique is very consistent on this take. Your bending is precise, your vibrato goes very naturally with the groove, and your slides are very delicate and nice to hear.

Finally, your tone, is very warm and enjoyable.

You should consider seriously keep on exploring this kind of phrasing.

Congrats on your great work!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Aug 13 2015, 02:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Gab! That's pretty encouraging since I wasn't too keen on my performance. The unique rhythm is what stood out in that lesson to me. I did some listening to Kotzen/Howe yesterday, it's always useful to hear different styles. Jazz is definitely unfamiliar territory for me.

I'm going to record my assignment 5 tonight. I've been working very hard on it but it's going to have to be a partial lesson like the last one. I made sure to address some challenging bits, that tapping section in particular. I really like this one, very expressive. I'm finding my limiter in a lot of these course lessons is speed. I definitely want to focus on that when this course is over, I think it'll open up a lot of new material for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 13 2015, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, it's interesting to see that this course is helping to expand your horizons and also to identify some things in which focus on the near future.

I'll wait for your take on the new assignment. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Aug 13 2015, 04:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gab.
Thanks for your comment. When this program is finished i will come back with this Jazz Lesson in the rec program.

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Aug 15 2015, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Aug 14 2015, 12:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok, here it is. Pretty hurried to record this as there's lots to do around here. I worked really hard this week, but this was the best I could do with 5 days. I might come back to this one later and see if I can get a bit more of it.

Assignment 5: Final Take

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2015, 06:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Aug 13 2015, 12:12 PM) *
Hi Gab.
Thanks for your comment. When this program is finished i will come back with this Jazz Lesson in the rec program.

Good idea!

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Aug 13 2015, 08:50 PM) *
Ok, here it is. Pretty hurried to record this as there's lots to do around here. I worked really hard this week, but this was the best I could do with 5 days. I might come back to this one later and see if I can get a bit more of it.

Great mate! I hope you have a good holiday! My comments on this take and the final assignment will be here when you are back.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Aug 19 2015, 07:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Aug 19 2015, 07:41 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2015, 10:36 PM
Instructor
Awesome mate! I'll be back tomorrow with comments! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2015, 04:58 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT V - POP ROCK: The comments.

Beat:

Hi soldier!! Congrats on your hard work mate! It’s awesome to see that you are the only one that could follow the whole program without any hiatus. (Yoncopin is on vacation so he will do the last assignment when he is back).

Your playing on this one is really good as usual. You have a good control of bending and vibrato which are two fundamental techniques on this style.

About the two main techniques to focus on this lesson: tapping and alternate picking. You also did a very good job with them. Tapping could sound clearer but the dirty sound makes it sound rocker. Your alternate picking is precise but I think that you could do smaller movements with your right hand. It’s not a problem at this speed but maybe it can be a barrier for faster licks.

One thing that I note in this take is that you are not relaxed while playing it. This can be to the fact that it includes a lot of techniques and phrases and you need to think on too many things, but I think that you could get a nicer feeling if you could relax a bit more while playing it. The short period of time to master it can be another reason so I think that it would be good to keep this solo in your diary practice.
I’d also like to add that the use of the tremolo bar on this solo is very tasty, and that your tone fits great on this one.

To summarize, you did it again mate! Great job!!

Yoncopin:

Hi mate, I know that you did a great effort to be able to submit this take before going on vacation. You dedicated less time than the required and what you get is reasonable.

Your playing is good but I’d like to see you dedicating some more days to polish the licks and get the most of them.

We’ve been working on bending, vibrato and legato previously and here I can note that you have a good control of these techniques. However the techniques required for this assignment still need practice. There are not many alternate picking licks here, and the tapping lick is ok but has some little pitch issues
I feel that it would be ok if you dedicate 5 extra days to this one when you are back and share a new take. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Aug 22 2015, 03:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 20 2015, 11:58 AM) *
ASSIGNMENT V - POP ROCK: The comments.

Yoncopin:

Hi mate, I know that you did a great effort to be able to submit this take before going on vacation. You dedicated less time than the required and what you get is reasonable.

Your playing is good but I’d like to see you dedicating some more days to polish the licks and get the most of them.

We’ve been working on bending, vibrato and legato previously and here I can note that you have a good control of these techniques. However the techniques required for this assignment still need practice. There are not many alternate picking licks here, and the tapping lick is ok but has some little pitch issues
I feel that it would be ok if you dedicate 5 extra days to this one when you are back and share a new take. What do you think?

Ok, I'm back and am on it! I really missed my guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Aug 22 2015, 05:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Yoncopin

Welcome back!

We can start the last Assigment!! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:43 PM