My Favourite Solo!
Murloc
May 9 2009, 05:33 PM
Learning Roadie
This solo is epic! Not the hardest solo ever, but one of the most... awesome. It's at 2:40.

Atreyu - Right side of the bed (Youtube)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Murloc: May 9 2009, 05:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
sted
May 9 2009, 05:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Think the links wrong mate!! lol!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 9 2009, 05:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Meh, nothing breathtaking

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 9 2009, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
Oh god, Those lyrics.... wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: May 9 2009, 05:56 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
chmilew
May 9 2009, 06:21 PM
I liked it ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Murloc
May 9 2009, 06:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (chmilew @ May 9 2009, 07:21 PM) *
I liked it ! smile.gif

Good that somebody likes it smile.gif

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 9 2009, 08:52 PM
I like Atreyu, that song is great, love intro, but solos they make are not that great, that one was pretty cool tho smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 9 2009, 10:43 PM
oh god this band is just awful.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 9 2009, 10:50 PM
It's okay, I think youtube makes it sound more bad than it is?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 9 2009, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 9 2009, 11:43 PM) *
oh god this band is just awful.

Oh yeah....

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 10 2009, 12:23 AM
Wasnt blown away, Decent song.

Lyrics were kind weird tongue.gif

Gurantee in 3 Months you will have a New Favorite Solo !

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 10 2009, 03:14 PM
People can`t you just say that isn`t you taste or something like that? Say like this sucks terribly and so on when someone tell that this is his favourite solo isn`t very kind wink.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 10 2009, 03:51 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 10 2009, 09:14 AM) *
People can`t you just say that isn`t you taste or something like that? Say like this sucks terribly and so on when someone tell that this is his favourite solo isn`t very kind wink.gif

I would say good advice Alex. You can learn from Alex. I officially anoint him as the conscience of GMC, as he has shown in the past to be decent to people here. And he is not even from the American South (it is really the case, a lot of Southerners are like that, careful not so say anything mean to anyone). I have a sister in law from Mississippi like that, always sincerely nice to everybody.

+Quote Post
berko
May 10 2009, 04:07 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 10 2009, 04:14 PM) *

Agreed.

If the solo inspires you then why not listen to it over and over again? Why not learn it. This particular one isn't my cup of tea but it has some potential.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 10 2009, 05:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Well, I'm not blown away by the solo either but this is not about my favourite solo, it's Murloc's. So I agree with what Berko said previously. Go learn it - there's nothing better than learning something that inspires you. Once you've got it down, record your take and upload it here smile.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 10 2009, 05:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yeah....music is subjective. Some people think death metal is the greatest thing ever. I think it sounds like cookie monster got tired of his Sesame Street gig and formed a band. It is all about what inspires you to play. If you like this solo Murloc then learn it. Really all that matters is what YOU think.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
sted
May 10 2009, 05:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 10 2009, 05:09 PM) *
I think it sounds like cookie monster got tired of his Sesame Street gig and formed a band.

l laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Best quote ever!!

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 10 2009, 06:09 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 10 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Yeah....music is subjective. Some people think death metal is the greatest thing ever. I think it sounds like cookie monster got tired of his Sesame Street gig and formed a band. It is all about what inspires you to play. If you like this solo Murloc then learn it. Really all that matters is what YOU think.. smile.gif

Agreed on the subjective part but please dont say/think the video is death metal, its offensive to death metal fans laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Mark.: May 10 2009, 06:13 PM

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
May 10 2009, 08:06 PM
hey murlok, why dont you learn that solo if you like it so much?

it really isnt hard at all, just a pentatonic scale, its not even that fast,

if inspires you, become the solo!

was this song about a girl who cheated on the guy?

(if so i can see why)

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 10 2009, 09:00 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ May 10 2009, 05:51 PM) *
I would say good advice Alex. You can learn from Alex. I officially anoint him as the conscience of GMC, as he has shown in the past to be decent to people here. And he is not even from the American South (it is really the case, a lot of Southerners are like that, careful not so say anything mean to anyone). I have a sister in law from Mississippi like that, always sincerely nice to everybody.

Thank you! I have never been to America (neither South or North), but people from there, who I spoke via internet, were friendly smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:15 AM