Rack Pron!
Todd Simpson
Nov 21 2017, 06:53 AM
GMC:er
Despite the fact that my rig is mostly a laptop and an 11 rack unit, I still get misty over a HUGE rack of gear. I don't even know why. These rigs are sorta pointless in this day and age. you can do everything they used to do with one processor or even one guitar plugin. I've built rigs in OVERLOUD that are more complex and crazy than these and probably would cost more if built in the real word smile.gif But still. Love a HUGE RACK!! Anyone else still enamored of the BIG IRON? Or is it just me?

ADRIAN SMITH (iron maiden)
This is the most interesting one of the bunch imho smile.gif It's the "ANTI RACK" Basically a pedal board, stuffed vertically in a rack.
Attached Image

DAVE MURRAY (iron maiden)
Dave takes a more traditional approach smile.gif Those rack mount Soldano amps are rare as hens teeth and crazy expensive. Also on my wish list along with a real soldano X88r preamp smile.gif
Attached Image

FRANK ZAPPA
Frank is a truly unique player and his rack reflects that.
Attached Image
VIVIAN CAMPBELLs Rack (back in the day)
Attached Image

TONY IOMIS RACK (granted, it's mostly amps)
Attached Image

One of the most changed rigs is JOHN PETRUCCI. Notice the shrinkage smile.gif
OLD RIGGAGE
Attached Image
NEW RIGGAGE

Attached Image

HUGE Bob Bradshaw rack featuring the HYPER rare Hughes and Kettner ACCESS tube preamp. These are so rare that most folks have never even heard of them. They were made to compete with the Soldano X88r rack mount preamps that were created by Mr. Soldano and Bob Bradshaw for TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather. My own Myasnikov Preamp is based on the high gain channel of the X88r. It's a legendary preamp for a good reason. The ACCESS is Killer sounding preamp as well, and that is why it's on my wish list smile.gif
Attached Image
close up of HK access.
Attached Image

Any rigs you have run across that are worth a share?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 21 2017, 07:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 21 2017, 08:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
How do they stop RF noise with all that gear hooked together? huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 21 2017, 10:27 AM
GMC:er
Where there is a will there is a way smile.gif As long as the power supplies are of good quality, and everything is grounded properly, and the switching system is shielded, it's usually ok smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 21 2017, 03:26 AM) *
How do they stop RF noise with all that gear hooked together? huh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:14 AM