> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2015, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, could you please share the link to the lesson's part?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 15 2015, 06:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab

This is the link to the lesson.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Soloing-1/

Cheers

Phil

Update:

I've just found This and from estuary I can see the TAB shouldn't have an E over each note because the notes themselves aren't actual eighth notes. Am I right or am I totally confused? blink.gif

Cheers Gab

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 16 2015, 04:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2015, 07:07 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I don't find anything wrong there:

Attached Image

What's exactly the problem? I find that the tabs are right.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks Gab,

Sorry, I meant the actual TAB not the one in GP6. Look HERE

Cheers.

Arm is ok now so practising tonight smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2015, 07:12 PM
Instructor
Do you mean this?

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2015, 07:16 PM
Yes, but I found this which I think explains it.

Sorry for so many questions Gab unsure.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2015, 07:22 PM
Instructor
No mate, those "E" letters refer to the note value, in this case the E reffers to Eight notes, but the addition of the word triplets behind it defines the notes that you are playing as Eight triplets. The E is not a note pitch, is just a reference to know the duration of the notes in tabs and it's added automatically when you export from guitar pro. So the tabs are exactly the same than what you are reading in the tabs.

There are the tabs references:

Duration Legend
---------------
W - whole
H - half
Q - quarter
E - 8th
S - 16th
T - 32nd
X - 64th
. - note dotted
|-n-| - n-tuplets

Tablature Legend
----------------
L - tied note
x - dead note
g - grace note
(n) - ghost note
> - accentuded note
NH - natural harmonic
AH - artificial harmonic
TH - tapped harmonic
SH - semi harmonic
PH - pitch harmonic
h - hammer on
p - pull off
b - bend
br - bendRelease
pb - preBend
pbr - preBendRelease
brb - bendReleaseBend
\n/ - tremolo bar dip
\n - tremolo bar dive
-/n - tremolo bar Release up
/n\ - tremolo bar inverted dip
/n - tremolo bar return
-\n - tremolo bar Release down
S - shift slide
s - legato slide
/ - slide into from below or out of upwards
\ - slide into from above or out of downwards
~ - vibrato
W - wide vibrato
tr - trill
TP - tremolo picking
T - tapping
S - slap
P - pop
< - fade in
^ - brush up
v - brush down

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2015, 07:27 PM
Thanks Gab,

I did look at what the "E" meant but it confused me because it means "eighth note", I thought there can only be 8 eighth notes in a bar but ALL 12 notes are shown with an "E" above them. As far as I can understand with my limited theory knowledge, each note in the triplet can't be the same length as an eighth note would be in the same bar.

I wouldn't have even questioned it if the "E" hadn't been there. THIS explained it but I was wondering if I was missing the point altogether.

I love reading about music theory but it doesn't stick in my head very well. I think I read too much in one go and don't apply it to my playing. That's why I suggested the theory workshop wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2015, 08:25 PM
Instructor
Yeah, it can be confuse but that's how the software programs convert score to tabs... is it clear now?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks for you help Gab,

I think I get it, the notes within the triplet aren't actual eighth notes but they have the "E" above them because they are eighth note triplets?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2015, 08:49 PM
Instructor
yes, they are eight note triplets, actually they are eights, but eights triplets. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2015, 09:06 PM
This picture explains it better than words I think

wink.gif

Thanks Gab, and sorry for so many questions. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2015, 04:09 PM
Instructor
yes, that can happens but it's not what happens in the tabs from the lesson. I'm still wondering if the tabs are completely clear now...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 17 2015, 06:17 PM
Thanks mate,

The tab is fine, I fully understand. I just think it can mislead people that are trying to understand the theory. Mathematically each note of an eighth note triplet is a twelfth note because there are twelve equally spaced notes in the bar. I never had a problem knowing what I should be playing just understanding the theory and mathematics behind it smile.gif When the TAB said that the notes were eighth notes I was saying "EH?" blink.gif laugh.gif

To give my brain a rest from the Darius solo and, because I worked late so didn't have much time I had my first go at the Shaman creativity workshop. I love these workshops even though my results are always very good, I still really enjoy them biggrin.gif

With one thing and another I'm struggling to get back into my routine. Got a Boss GT001 coming tomorrow and a new control surface that will work well in Reaper. The one I have doesn't work very well in Reaper as it has a dedicated DAW. It has some functionality but not full. I suppose this will all take time to learn too, PLUS I was just getting to grips with the basics of Reaper and they've gone and changed it all laugh.gif

Cheers Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 17 2015, 09:21 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2015, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, yeah, I understand what confused you. I think that it's part of learning this "modern" language.

I'll check your work at the creativity workout. I think that every new recording is a success mate since you are connecting with your inner self. Keep working on the creativity tasks, without thinking too much, just feel and create.

And congrats on your new purchase. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 18 2015, 02:43 PM
Thanks Gab,

I sold my Boss ME80 on eBay for £191 and the Boss GT001 was £161 and the control surface was £39 so not much outlay really and more user friendly for me. I'll probably try to use the Boss for effects and Amplitube for cab/speaker/mic emulation.

So much to learn but I'm happy with my progress even though it's slow because I'm not just learning to play guitar, I'm learning Reaper; mixing; developing creativity; ear training and am a member of the most awesome site around with a great bunch of people.

Oh yeah, my wife rocks too \m/

Happy days smile.gif

Cheers Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 18 2015, 02:44 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2015, 03:36 PM
Instructor
hahaha, nice to know this mate. Keep on enjoying your journey. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 24 2015, 09:08 PM
Hello Gab,

Ok, I am back on it smile.gif I had a good session tonight, not perfect but good. I feel that I have gone back a few weeks on the Darius solo sad.gif but I have to move forward now.

I had a go at the timing lesson, I am ok at full speed up to bar 17 but once the triplets come in (bars 17-24) I can only manage 70% speed, and that's with GP5 to play along with. The backing track is even harder. I also struggle to remember the note sequence so have three sheets printed out and hanging from my shelf above my desk laugh.gif

I'll try to get back into the Hives rhythm as soon as I can, it's just hard fitting it all in to an hour and a half.

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2015, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, nice to see that you are getting back to track. smile.gif

Please take your time to polish the assignments, and always remember to avoid fast tempos if you are not comfortable with them. I'd like to see a take on Darius solo in 7 days. Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 25 2015, 07:23 PM
Thank Gab,

7 days will be tricky as I am not home on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. I will try for September 4th if that's ok? I have to say, the last few bars are proving very tricky to even get into my fingers even in a sloppy way. I'll try to get a video to you by then though, no matter how bad it is.

Thanks for pushing me Gab, sometimes we all need a little nudge wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 03:12 PM