> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Assignment 3: Bending Blues Lick
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2012, 07:20 PM
Instructor
Hey GMC!

Today, I shall present you with a bluesy bending lick which I came up with! Check it out below:

This lick was meant to be used as conclusion over a 6/8 bluesy riff and I used the E minor pentatonic scale colored with a lot of bends to make it more expressive.

Let's take a look at the details:

Scale: E minor pentatonic

Tab: (also check out the attached GP file)

E    E   E   E    E   E      Q       E    Q.         
E||--14b--14--12-------12------|-------------------------||
B||---------------15b------12--|---------------15b~------||
G||----------------------------|--14br----12b------------||
D||----------------------------|-------------------------||
A||----------------------------|-------------------------||
E||----------------------------|-------------------------||

Chords used: I tuned the guitar in Drop D so I could play the riff by using simpler position shifts so, here are the chords: E5 G5 A5 and D5
The lick is accentuated by the rhythm guitar playing the D5 chord and concluding on the E5, before the riff repeats itself - check out the track where I played the lick smile.gif

Benefits:

- being able to use this lick as a conclusion over the given riff
- gaining more control over your bending mechanics
- analyzing the bending possibilities in the pentatonic context

Assignments:

1) Record the lick over the provided backing track as many times in a row as the backing allows, after you have listened to the track which I recorded (attached below)

2) For a first improvising task - try and record the lick over the given backing track, by playing it at the beginning not at the end as I did it. So start the lick in the first bar on the first beat! smile.gif It should provide different results wink.gif

Deadline: 26th of January

Any other ideas which you might come up with are always welcome, so go ahead and explore as much as you'd like!

Looking forward for your takes

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 23 2012, 12:09 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lick_3___Backing_Track.wav ( 17.38MB ) Number of downloads: 195
Attached File  Playing_example.wav ( 4.74MB ) Number of downloads: 124
Attached File  Lick_3___Bending_The_Blues.gp5 ( 1.8K ) Number of downloads: 103

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:45 PM