> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Rainy Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2012, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Hey guys smile.gif time for a new jam, so I decided not to let the rainy weather go unnoticed wink.gif inspired by the pouring outside, I give you the Rainy Collab.

It's a blues/ dorian track, with a light, 12/8 feel which you guys can jam over, by using the G minor pentatonic, G blues and G dorian modes!

As guidelines, I would suggest soulful melodies with a lot of bluesy influences, as much as possible, but hey wink.gif it's your call so go ahead and tear it up!

Tempo: 55BPM

Progressions: Gm7 Csus2 and Fmaj Gm Bbmaj C maj

Scales: G blues, G dorian, G minor pentatonic

Material format:

- 1 track containing your solo and the backing track - WAV/ MP3
- 1 track with your solo only - WAV/ MP3
- the video recording - AVI/ MP4

Deadline: Monday, June 25th 2012

Let's rock...blues, mates! laugh.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 21 2012, 04:17 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Rainy_Collab_BT.mp3 ( 5.66MB ) Number of downloads: 338

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jun 5 2012, 03:44 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sweet! My exams are starting right now but until June the 25th I'll surely come up with something! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 6 2012, 02:15 PM
GMC:er
Ooh, nothing coming to my head now. But I'll think of something wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jun 6 2012, 03:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool. Sounds Pink Floydish. I think I'll have to finally throw caution to the wind and get in on this one. Besides, it's been raining here for a week now so this is right on time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 6 2012, 03:23 PM
Definitely got a Floyd type vibe to it!!! I'm in!!
I'll see if I can manage to get better Video quality than the last one too!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2012, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Why, gentlemen smile.gif I welcome you!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 10 2012, 09:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
High Cosmin and Guys,

i like Pink Floyd ( the oldish ones) and would like to try with colap , OK !?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2012, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Hey Dieter! You are more than welcome man! Come join us!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 12 2012, 01:49 PM
Hello Cosmin and Gmcguys,

her two records from first try -- Video i do at the end when needed!

1. without backing track

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/cosmincollabwithout

2. with backing track

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/cosmincolawith

+Quote Post
Sparrow
Jun 14 2012, 10:46 PM
Hey nice backing track biggrin.gif

Do you think you could put it up as a soundcloud file? I can't DL that one without getting quicktime pro

I only have a digital camera to record with, so I could make a video of a solo w/o the backing track and also give you the audio for it, I could count off the solo so you could line it up. Is that OK? huh.gif

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 15 2012, 02:37 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I have been toying with some ideas for this backing track but I can't come up with anything interesting so far sad.gif I need some inspiration. Maybe I listen to some Pink Floyd ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2012, 05:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 15 2012, 01:37 PM) *
I have been toying with some ideas for this backing track but I can't come up with anything interesting so far sad.gif I need some inspiration. Maybe I listen to some Pink Floyd ?

Hey Mert smile.gif well, take your time man, there's still about ten days left, so, do relax - you never know where the muse of inspiration will pop out from!

QUOTE (Sparrow @ Jun 14 2012, 09:46 PM) *

Do you think you could put it up as a soundcloud file? I can't DL that one without getting quicktime pro

I only have a digital camera to record with, so I could make a video of a solo w/o the backing track and also give you the audio for it, I could count off the solo so you could line it up. Is that OK? huh.gif

tongue.gif

Hey man smile.gif you can try with whatever methods are at hand and we'll see after you send me a sample first, k?

Let's see whatchagot up yer sleeve, Mr. Sparrow biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 15 2012, 06:29 PM
Hey maaaaan take a look out the window.. hey maaaaan it's raining smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/marcost-1/rainy-collab-full-mix

http://soundcloud.com/marcost-1/rainy-collab-gitfish-only

Help please, totally lost on the chorus section

Sorry about the background noise on some sections - just installed one of those network extenders that plugs into the house electrics and it's causing that noise. Need to get it sorted

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 16 2012, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Whoaa dude! I love this biggrin.gif Really nice! Don't forget to send the video also biggrin.gif

You have a very nice touch with this type of playing, I like it a lot!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 17 2012, 08:36 AM
How do I record my guitar as an MP3 ?

I can just do video. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 17 2012, 08:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 17 2012, 07:36 AM) *
How do I record my guitar as an MP3 ?

I can just do video. sad.gif

Hey Yash! You need to use a DAW - such as Reaper for instance - there's this cool little video here, explaining how to record:

this is a very good example which will help out smile.gif

let me know if you need anything else, k?

Gentlemen! There are 6 days left for the takes submission smile.gif Do not forget that this is a video collab, so I will need the videos as well:

- Dieter and Marcost, I still need your videos, aye? biggrin.gif

Everybody else, have a rocking time and be sure to send the tracks before the 25th ok?

I'm here if ya need me wink.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (Sparrow @ Jun 14 2012, 09:46 PM) *

tongue.gif

Hey buddy, here ya go biggrin.gif

https://rapidshare.com/files/3273037998/Rainy_Collab_BT.mp3

have a blast!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 19 2012, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 21 2012, 02:06 PM
Hello Cosmin,
i am on the way with video - is a bit difficult to get something synchrony with the mp3 i already made - next time i do from the beginning altogether -sound and video - !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hey Dieter! You still have 4 days left smile.gif I suggest you should record both video and audio in the same time for this take as well, as it's gonna be difficult to sync. Please try it, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 21 2012, 02:36 PM
i just did a record from beside ,

have a look wink.gif

uups youtube needs a long time for process this vid - will come in a few minutes

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Jun 21 2012, 02:42 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 23 2012, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jun 21 2012, 01:36 PM) *
i just did a record from beside ,

have a look wink.gif

uups youtube needs a long time for process this vid - will come in a few minutes

Hey Dieter! I would still suggest trying to make a new recording both audio and video, because this one is out of sync man sad.gif the idea of shooting from one side was good though, I gotta give you that wink.gif it's tougher to observe de-sync that way biggrin.gif

Shall we try a new one? And you don't have to record over the whole track smile.gif start and go until you feel that you are happy with the ideas you have recorded wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:11 AM