4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Gmc Christmas & New Year Collab!
onetabmat
Jan 12 2020, 08:28 PM
Learning Roadie
[attachment=49604:chrissolo.wav]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Jan 12 2020, 08:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2020, 02:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 9 2020, 06:01 PM) *
Okay, here is my take, I lost some of the essence of the last one which is why I don't like doing too many takes but it is what it is. If you want me to do it again, just let me know wink.gif

https://youtu.be/SiAhGw7dHOQ

Here are the files https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap09zsLCowi5iLdGj5X...Qm7nAA?e=HBN3xH

Cheers

It sounds great Phil! I like your tone, and your phrasing. Thanks a lot for your take!!

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jan 12 2020, 04:28 PM) *
[attachment=49604:chrissolo.wav]

Beautiful mate!! Thanks a lot!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2020, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Hi guys!! Is there any new lesson coming?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2020, 04:56 AM
GMC:er
Me!!! smile.gif When is the deadline?

Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 16 2020, 08:59 AM) *
Hi guys!! Is there any new lesson coming?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2020, 03:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 18 2020, 12:56 AM) *
Me!!! smile.gif When is the deadline?

Todd

Nice! I'm planning to start mixing and editing this week! When would you post a take?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2020, 01:49 AM
say monday?
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 19 2020, 10:42 AM) *
Nice! I'm planning to start mixing and editing this week! When would you post a take?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2020, 11:25 AM
I went a really different direction and did something that's more like a background texture than a solo. I hope it works for the composition as a whole! The good news is that it will fit retty much anywhere! smile.gif
Lemme know what you think.

Attached File  Todd_no_backing_track.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 63

Attached File  Todd_WithBacking.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 76

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 20 2020, 12:24 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2020, 01:00 AM
Instructor
Awesome!! That's a very shreddy Christmas theme!! This will really work. Thanks a lot Todd!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2020, 11:33 PM
Glad you like it! I Wanted to do something that would be more like a texture underneath rather than my usual flash solo bits that go on top smile.gif
Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 20 2020, 08:00 PM) *
Awesome!! That's a very shreddy Christmas theme!! This will really work. Thanks a lot Todd!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2020, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I've been working on this one! It's not an easy track to mix. All those synths combined with clean guitars is giving some EQ headaches! laugh.gif

This tune seems to be one of those tracks that you can listen over and over. It reminds me to Marty Friedman's Scences.

Could you please share your thoughts and let me know if you find your takes in perfect sync?

Attached File  Christmas_Collab_Premix.mp3 ( 6.17MB ) Number of downloads: 92

I still can't find the best place for Todd's arrangement. Do you have any ideas? (It's during the last take now).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 30 2020, 10:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sounds great to me buddy.

Could you mix Todd's piece low down in the mix as a background soundscape for a bit of atmosphere?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2020, 01:14 AM
I think he already did mix me down in the mix as a texture which is what I was thinking would work best smile.gif Seems to go well at the end as a texture. nice!

Could you mix Todd's piece low down in the mix as a background soundscape for a bit of atmosphere?[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 31 2020, 01:16 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 31 2020, 07:57 AM
Ahhh, I only listened on my tablet whilst watching the news, one ear to one of the speakers. I'll have a proper listen as soon as I can.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 31 2020, 12:14 AM) *
I think he already did mix me down in the mix as a texture which is what I was thinking would work best smile.gif Seems to go well at the end as a texture. nice!

Could you mix Todd's piece low down in the mix as a background soundscape for a bit of atmosphere?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2020, 08:48 AM
GMC Founder
Wow this is turning out amazing beautiful!! 👌

I think Todd's take works like this. What I would try to experiment with is maybe to add a phaser or similar effect that could take the edge of the high end which in turn could allow you to bring it a little bit forward in the mix (maybe coupled with some slow automated panning).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rids
Jan 31 2020, 10:31 AM
Sounds good to me!
Good job, not an easy task but you nailed it as usual! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2020, 01:13 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the suggestions friends! I'll continue polishing this one!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 31 2020, 09:18 PM
Now I've listened on my monitors, I'd say just bring Todd's piece up in the mix a little maybe increasing gradually as it goes along. Just a thought wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 31 2020, 09:18 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2020, 10:00 PM
I like kris's idea quite a bit. Some fx should make my bit a bit more "textured". I was thinking it would make a good keyboard type bit. Sorry it's caused so much trouble in the mix!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 6 2020, 11:41 AM
GMC Founder
Results are in!!!

This is a EPIC collab -we should listen to it every Christmas! At times I was not sure if I was listening to a student or instructor.

Well done everybody and extra thanks to Gab for putting together!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2020, 01:28 PM
Instructor
I love this tune, thanks and great job everybody!!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:19 PM