Some Cover Of Mine
Deleted
Apr 14 2014, 03:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
The following are some of my cover recorded using the cheap Squier Stratocaster, a Boss acoustic pedal, Guitar Rig 5 and Toneport GX.
I've still a lot to learn. One of my biggest weaknesses is the alternate picking I guess: I'd like to be faster and more accurate.
Do you have any suggestions? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2014, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is a very good group of cover, played with a very tasty feeling. It's very enjoyable to hear you playing because you keep pitch and groove all the time and your guitar tone is warm.

Regarding alternate picking, the most effective way for me to practice it has been playing repetitive exercises and scale patterns all over the neck using drum loops and metronome. In this course, you can check the alternate picking lessons where I shared my favorite exercises: (also check the outside and inside picking lessons)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

There you will find some good tips for this technique.

I would also recommend you to give a try to these lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-1/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/

and finally, let me know if you want to join my mentoring program to guide you with this technique, suggesting lessons, exercises and giving feedback.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2014, 07:41 AM
Instructor
Great feedback by Gabi and nice playing from you, man smile.gif I also have a mentoring program if you want to work with both me and Gabi, so please take a look here, if you are curious: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 15 2014, 08:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I've got to hand it to you man. I listened to you takes and they sound great, nice tone and flow and relaxed playing. And dint miss a beat as far as I could tell good job

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 16 2014, 04:07 AM
GMC:er
That's the best tutorial on how to play 'Hotel Ca.' that I've ever seen. Bravo! (on all of them).

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2014, 04:55 AM
GMC:er
These are all quite good IMHO smile.gif I'd say follow GABRIELS advice and just keep doing what your doing as your playing is coming along quite nicely!!!

+Quote Post
Deleted
Apr 16 2014, 10:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks to everybody, it's great to get such feedback from masters like you. I really appreciate the comments.
I will start watching some alternate picking videos on my own and then I'll consider joining a mentoring program!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2014, 02:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Deleted @ Apr 16 2014, 09:01 AM) *
Thanks to everybody, it's great to get such feedback from masters like you. I really appreciate the comments.
I will start watching some alternate picking videos on my own and then I'll consider joining a mentoring program!

Hey man smile.gif If it's good it's good wink.gif Looking forward to your message if you want to start working together!

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 4 2014, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Nice job man! In my experience it helps if you keep your hands relaxed when picking. Steve Lukather can confirm that smile.gif Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:56 AM